Health & Safety Measures (US Website)

logan25

Looking forward to a December cruise, had a November one cancelled (another cruise line).  Was waiting to see how the policies shake out, and decide from there.  Will just choose between whichever appears to offer the better experience, and protocols I am comfortable with. MSC or Princess…..  All I can do is sit back and make a decision when final payment is due.  

Edited by FLCruZar

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

If you book your cruise in Germany, you do not need the insurance.. 

They offer it at the time of booking only. Its 25eur for a 7day cruise in the med. 

Yes, but unfortunately the prices on the German website are much higher

Well-all I can say is I hope someone at MSC is reading this and lets those of us know asap if anything changes as for masks on sailing out of US ports. Seems many here-like myself want to spend our stimulus money on MSC but may go elsewhere. Sorry-I'm vaccinated and won't spend mine wearing a mask.

As for the current rules-they seem clear as day. I'm not risking money well spent on a hunch because some said they 'probably' won't make you do this or that.................

Still hoping for a yacht club retreat in November....🤞

On 6/26/2021 at 7:47 PM, MarkusToe said:

Compared to? US?

Within Germany are all tax included....

I was talking about the prices including all port fees and taxes, but excluding gratuities.

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

I can assure you, they're not.

If there is something you wish to communicate to them you would do better to call them. 

877-665-4655

I know they do for many of the others so I can't see why not MSC but what do I know. I just want to cruise!!😀

The MSC US based sailings protocols have been changed.  There is now no difference between the COVID-19 recovered and the non-vaccinated, actually the recovered category is now gone.  Also there is now a pre-boarding test requirement for the vaccinated even though the CDC does not require it.

23 minutes ago, Até said:

The MSC US based sailings protocols have been changed.  There is now no difference between the COVID-19 recovered and the non-vaccinated, actually the recovered category is now gone.  Also there is now a pre-boarding test requirement for the vaccinated even though the CDC does not require it.

I thought it was always that vaccinated had to be tested at the pier prior to embarkation?

We're (hopefully) cruising in October, vaccinated, and that was something I've been paying attention to.

Has anyone noticed the language here? Could they be following Royal Caribbean and having a few venues for vaccinated guests only?

"Our bars will be open and ready to serve our guests with their favorite cocktail or aperitif. To ensure we comply with the current social distancing recommendations, our staff will deliver drinks at the table and we will limit the capacity of each venue. Face masks do not need to be worn by our guests when seated in bars and lounges for vaccinated guests. Not fully vaccinated guests must wear face masks."

17 hours ago, jules815 said:

Has anyone noticed the language here? Could they be following Royal Caribbean and having a few venues for vaccinated guests only?

"Our bars will be open and ready to serve our guests with their favorite cocktail or aperitif. To ensure we comply with the current social distancing recommendations, our staff will deliver drinks at the table and we will limit the capacity of each venue. Face masks do not need to be worn by our guests when seated in bars and lounges for vaccinated guests. Not fully vaccinated guests must wear face masks."

I noticed that also. I'm thinking that, with 3 months till my sailing on Oct. 2nd, alot is going to change. Hoping that the mask wearing for vaccinated passengers will go away. Noticed you've sailed on Reflection a few times. Me too, love that ship. 

4 hours ago, miataman19 said:

I noticed that also. I'm thinking that, with 3 months till my sailing on Oct. 2nd, alot is going to change. Hoping that the mask wearing for vaccinated passengers will go away. Noticed you've sailed on Reflection a few times. Me too, love that ship. 

We also think a lot might change before our cruise on 10/16. Hopefully for the better. The Delta variant has me a bit concerned. 

We really enjoyed our cruises on Reflection. Hope to be sailing with them again some day. We're currently on an MSC Yacht Club detour. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miataman19 said:

MSC rep confirmed that fully vaccinated passengers will not need to wear masks in the bars and lounges.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned a lot can change over the next few weeks/months. I'd "assume" MSC is watching other cruise lines to see how they're handling all of this. Time will tell.

FYI: The Meraviglia is now "Orange" from "Red" status. 👍

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, drsel said:

MSC rep confirmed that fully vaccinated passengers will not need to wear masks in the bars and lounges.

Wondering how fully vaccinated passengers will be identified? (Or unvaccinated) ?

2 hours ago, phissy said:

Wondering how fully vaccinated passengers will be identified? (Or unvaccinated) ?

Freedom of the Seas began sailing recently and apparently vaccinated guests are wearing a purple wristband.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Freedom of the Seas began sailing recently and apparently vaccinated guests are wearing a purple wristband.

That's a very good idea and it should be such, that it cannot be removed & lent to anyone else

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

I only wish MSC would update their schedule. Right now, it stops at 11/22. I'd be looing at 12/22 or early '23. They also only list the Seashore, which I'm interested in, but would lie to see other options.

9 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I only wish MSC would update their schedule. Right now, it stops at 11/22. I'd be looing at 12/22 or early '23. They also only list the Seashore, which I'm interested in, but would lie to see other options.

Lol, I think the letter " k" is not working on your keyboard.😂

"looing" and "lie " to see other options?😂

Edited by drsel

23 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Hey @Homosassa, just a friendly reminder that Cruise Critic doesn't want people talking about Covid now. We're supposed to confine our remarks to specific cruise line policies regarding that.

Most of your post has nothing to do with MSC, so please try and stick to the rules. Thank you. ☺️

I enjoy your posts, by the way.

Really? 

The topic is MSC Health and Safety Measures and when you click on that topic, there is a list of procedures for  vaccinated vs unvaccinated  passengers  and , until recently, passengers who have had and recovered from Covid 19.

The procedures are not for passengers based upon their vaccinations for diphtheria, polio, pertussis,  tetanus, measles, mumps, chicken pox, typhoid, yellow fever.... They are for Covid 19. 

The whole thread is about Covid 19 and measures being taken by MSC.

My post was to try and head off the posts that were sure to follow based on lack of knowledge of the current findings of immune response in recovered people with Covid 19  and the fact that the Delta strain is not affected to the limited immune response from infection with earlier strains.

And as MSC sails only from Florida in the USA, it might help others to understand the current conditions for Covid 19 here in Florida and why the procedures for those recovered from Covid 19 within the past ninety days have been dropped by MSC.

So, yes, my post has everything to do with the topic of this thread and MSC.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Really? 

The topic is MSC Health and Safety Measures and when you click on that topic, there is a list of procedures for  vaccinated vs unvaccinated  passengers  and , until recently, passengers who have had and recovered from Covid 19.

The procedures are not for passengers based upon their vaccinations for diphtheria, polio, pertussis,  tetanus, measles, mumps, chicken pox, typhoid, yellow fever.... They are for Covid 19. 

The whole thread is about Covid 19 and measures being taken by MSC.

My post was to try and head off the posts that were sure to follow based on lack of knowledge of the current findings of immune response in recovered people with Covid 19  and the fact that the Delta strain is not affected to the limited immune response from infection with earlier strains.

And as MSC sails only from Florida in the USA, it might help others to understand the current conditions for Covid 19 here in Florida and why the procedures for those recovered from Covid 19 within the past ninety days have been dropped by MSC.

So, yes, my post has everything to do with the topic of this thread and MSC.

Respectfully, it wasn’t. I won’t belabor the point, but once you mentioned MSC, you then went off on a COVID tangent that had nothing to do with MSC’s onboard protocols. It was just the kind of talk the moderators asked us not to engage in. Thanks and have a nice day.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deliver42 said:

MSC has sailings till October 2023 available

On 7/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, phissy said:

They will probably require the bracelets that you usually pay extra for.  They transmit wirelessly so it would be easy for them to see who's vaxxed or unvaxxed. 

If not that, they could always just scan your cruise card