New, as of June 17, US Rules--especially Florida!

Bruin Steve

28 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I expect the cruise lines to win their lawsuit against the State of Florida.  Once that happens, this will change.

I suspect NCL will be the first one to challenge they have a 100% vaccination threshold.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Also, people who didn't get the vaccine might have had Covid in the past.  The current science indicates that natural immunity from exposure is real.  And, yes, a lot of people who have been vaccinated are still wearing masks for their own reasons.  So, no reason to shun them. 

People who are counting on any sort of immunity because of previous infection still will be considered unvaccinated.  Shun mask wearers?  No, but I will keep my distance from them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

On the Edge as of today you will not have to wear a mask if you’re vaccinated. Of course we have to hope that the CDC does not change the rules. 

They will not. But Celebrity might if there is some sort of outbreak on the ship. Again its an if.

• Like 1

I had hoped that Celebrity would of sailed 100% vaccinated and taken their chance in court…I just can’t imagine the crew enforcing the unvaccinated wearing masks and separate areas in dining rooms..seems like it could get difficult..it seems like adding additional stress for everyone that is not needed.

I am booked on the July 17 Edge. I am hoping all goes well on the cruises before me…because based on reports I might not want to sail and I really want to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

People who are counting on any sort of immunity because of previous infection still will be considered unvaccinated.  Shun mask wearers?  No, but I will keep my distance from them.

I have no issues with anyone who chooses to wear a mask. That doesn’t mean that they’re unvaccinated. There are still plenty of people in my area that are wearing masks in the grocery store. Some feel safer doing so. 

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, keels81 said:

I think you're right on the CDC and the courts, so here's hoping.

I really should stay off the RCL board - nothing good comes from there. Who thought the Carnival board would be a sane voice of reason in all of this?!

Other than the Adventure live thread on the RCI, I avoid that board. It’s truly eye opening. I stopped reading it about two weeks ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

I read that as $178pp total not per test.

Maybe it's total for the two antigen tests provided by Celebrity.  The passenger is required to get a PCR test on their own prior to arriving at the pier.  I guess many areas you can still get them for free but if you want the guarantee results in 24-48 hrs I believe these are generally $100 or more.

Edit:  It is probably total for both tests as the RCL policy is doing PCR and they were ~$135 each.   PCR is always more than antigen.

Edit2:  I re-read and there are 3 antigen tests.   1 at the pier, 1 mid cruise and 1 at disembarkation.   Seems like they should be charging more, hopefully it's $178 each!  Plus the PCR at home.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnbob7 said:

With half the cabins not being sold they can easily isolate all 5% if they have an outbreak. No need to deny ship docking if they have it under control.

But it's my understanding that CDC has set a lower threshold than that at which a ship would have to terminate its voyage and return to its home port...

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

Easily identifiable because they are wearing mask?

First unless the vaxxed are given a bracelet or something you won't know if the non mask wearing person that just passed you in the hall is vaxxed or not.  Second perhaps those mask wearers are just taking extra precautions.  Honestly, after going a year and a half with out a cold or the flu I may never fly or stand in an indoor crowd without a mask.  🙂

If you're fully vaccinated, why would you go on a cruise and still wear a mask on vacation with other vaccinated cruisers?   If I see someone on my cruise wearing a mask I'm automatically assuming unvaccinated.

• Like 1

Just now, iamaqt2 said:

If you're fully vaccinated, why would you go on a cruise and still wear a mask on vacation with other vaccinated cruisers?   If I see someone on my cruise wearing a mask I'm automatically assuming unvaccinated.

You might not read the same groups  that I follow.  There are a LOT of vaccinated people who still are wearing masks.  Even outside while alone. Their choice.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

But it's my understanding that CDC has set a lower threshold than that at which a ship would have to terminate its voyage and return to its home port...

The 5% refers to the limit for unvaccinated passengers.

The threshold for terminating a voyage is 1.5%. 

Just now, basenji56 said:

You might not read the same groups  that I follow.  There are a LOT of vaccinated people who still are wearing masks.  Even outside while alone. Their choice.

If those people are still so uncomfortable that they feel the need for the mask, then I can't see them wanting to be on a cruise ship in close, confined quarters for long periods of time. That makes no sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

They should do this for chair hogs, rude people and anyone we on cruise critic don’t like. 

The difference being that the above groups might annoy you, but they are not going to potentially kill you (worst case) or cause a disruption in your vacation...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babr said:

The 5% refers to the limit for unvaccinated passengers.

The threshold for terminating a voyage is 1.5%. 

Right -- so if 5% of passengers got COVID, you couldn't just isolate them and continue, which seemed to be what the other poster was suggesting.

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

Right -- so if 5% of passengers got COVID, you couldn't just isolate them and continue, which seemed to be what the other poster was suggesting.

I believe you are correct.

1 hour ago, MBN33025 said:

I just wonder how unvaccinated folks will be “marked” so that the restrictions can be enforced. Wristbands? Different colored sea pass? A scarlet letter? A sash emblazoning “unclean” across their chest??

I would much prefer cruising with a fully vaccinated population and see enforcement as potentially problematic.

I vote for the Scarlett A treatment but  make it a big NV right on their forehead.  Anything short of that they can fudge.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1