Good news followed by bad news

bitob

Portugal finally announced it was opening to Americans this summer.

I am so looking forward to my TA from Lisbon

Lisbon on lockdown

Delta variant has arrived.

The uncertainty of everything with respect to cruising is mind numbing.

• Like 2

Delta Variant according to WHO is everywhere already or will be within the next few days.......Combination of testing for it AND strength of this variant.   The key is get vaccinated so IF or When,  people get the Delta variant.....the consequences are significantly less.  I have no doubt there will be a Echo variant before long as well...... This is the world we live in.  Travel safely All!  

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Portugal finally announced it was opening to Americans this summer.

I am so looking forward to my TA from Lisbon

Lisbon on lockdown

Delta variant has arrived.

The uncertainty of everything with respect to cruising is mind numbing.

I hope by October things are much better........cruising from Lisbon on 10/8 (hopefully).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Just booked the TA on the Silver Dawn the other day. Like all of the other cruises I booked and had canceled, just wait and see,and hope for the best.

Which TA? I am going on the one in March 2022.....Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, cruiseerf said:

Delta Variant according to WHO is everywhere already or will be within the next few days.......Combination of testing for it AND strength of this variant.   The key is get vaccinated so IF or When,  people get the Delta variant.....the consequences are significantly less.  I have no doubt there will be a Echo variant before long as well...... This is the world we live in.  Travel safely All!  

Agreed, Delta isn't the last variant. But we won't be having Echo Foxtrot or Golf variants. 

Up next are Epsilon, Zeta, Eta. 

They are using the Greek Alphabet letters used in science and maths, not the phonetic alphabet. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bitob said:

Can't wait for Zeta

I understand.  But, do you remember last season's tropical storm/hurricane season?  The NWS had to start a new list of names.  God forbid that Covid comes to that!  

On 6/18/2021 at 4:43 PM, Lois R said:

Which TA? I am going on the one in March 2022.....Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon.

We’re doing the November one Dawn. Lisbon to Ft.Lauderdale. I believe it’s the Dawns 2nd sailing. Fingers crossed 

On 6/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

Italy has just said ALL visitors from the UK, vaccinated or not, will have to quarantine for 5 days.

What about US visitors who are flying via LHR to Italy for tourism?  Is there any language to address transit passengers?

There are rules for transit passengers in UK

You  must fill out a form and take a Covid test before boarding flight.

You can go to their website to get details.  This is the essence

Transfer passengers

All international arrivals are required to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken no earlier than three days before departing for England. This applies to passengers transiting the UK.

If you are transiting through the UK to another international destination, you do not need to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on arrival or on day 2 and day 8; but you must present the following to your airline before departure:

If you will be passing through Immigration, you need to do the following when you complete your passenger locator form:

• Select ‘Stay in the UK’ under the “Your travel plans” section
  • Reply ‘No’ to any questions about whether you are required to complete COVID-19 tests on arrival
  • For passengers arriving from green or amber list countries:  Reply ‘No’ to the question ‘Have you visited a Red List country within the past 10 days and/or are required by law to quarantine in a government approved facility?’
  • For passengers arriving from red list countries:  Please refer to the Government website 

I had a flight to Portugal via UK and I was unhappy about the requirements.  Luckily I was able to change to a direct flight.

On 6/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, bitob said:

There are rules for transit passengers in UK

You  must fill out a form and take a Covid test before boarding flight.

You can go to their website to get details.  This is the essence

Government website 

I had a flight to Portugal via UK and I was unhappy about the requirements.  Luckily I was able to change to a direct flight.

I clicked on the government website above and searched on "transit through LHR airport" and didn't have any luck.  Do you by chance have a more relevant link?

Specifically, I'll be flying SFO-LHR-Italy in October (with a 3-4 hr transit at LHR).  I know that is still a few months away but would like some data point in regards to the current situation anyway.  Thanks.

Edited by sfvoyage