Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

Hope someone has video's of this..........Nice $136 charge before stepping on the ship and then all the restrictions start. Better opting out looking for a land vacation.

I'm sure that is what Royal  is hoping for?

So is it like a game of chicken at the pier, to see who goes first.........Royal can not ask you if you had a vaccine.........what do you do just walk up to check in and show that you got vaccinated before anyone says anything to each other?

What a joke ! all because of Desantis.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

I cant imagine that any cruise line wants to sail with unvaccinated passengers. The whole industry has too much to lose if there is an outbreak.

Does anyone think that there WONT be Covid cases on a ship with 3000+ people where only 1/2 are vaccinated?

I am vaccinated and feel that I am reasonably protected.  BUT, I will be an unhappy cruiser if there is an outbreak among the unvaccinated and the cruise is cut short or denied a port visit.

Cruising is not a right.  The cruise lines and the whole industry has a lot at stake.
How about we let them do what what they feel  is best for their business!

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hope someone has video's of this..........Nice $136 charge before stepping on the ship and then all the restrictions start. Better opting out looking for a land vacation.

I'm sure that is what Royal  is hoping for?

So is it like a game of chicken at the pier, to see who goes first.........Royal can not ask you if you had a vaccine.........what do you do just walk up to check in and show that you got vaccinated before anyone says anything to each other?

What a joke ! all because of Desantis.

They can ask you to upload vaccine proof if you have it and want too...that’s the plan, I believe...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

They can ask you to upload vaccine proof if you have it and want too...that’s the plan, I believe...

Isn't that against what Desantis is saying he wants

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So is it like a game of chicken at the pier, to see who goes first.........Royal can not ask you if you had a vaccine.........what do you do just walk up to check in and show that you got vaccined before anyone says anything to each other.

I expect all the paperwork will be done well before check-in along with passport etc. info.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Isn't that against what Desantis is saying he wants

They are not asking for proof. If you provide proof you belong to the vaccinated group. If you don't, you are considered unvaccinated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

BUT, I will be an unhappy cruiser if there is an outbreak among the unvaccinated and the cruise is cut short or denied a port visit.

Will you also be unhappy if there is an outbreak among the vaxx passengers (like over the last several days)?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, broberts said:

I expect all the paperwork will be done well before check-in along with passport etc. info.

They are not asking for proof. If you provide proof you belong to the vaccinated group. If you don't, you are considered unvaccinated.

How are they not asking for proof if there is a place on their site to download it to? This all BS !!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

While it looks like cumbersome, Royal is giving people fair warning and fair options:

Show vax proof? Cool. Welcome aboard. 

No proof? Fine, too, but you need to pay extra/pax for testing and face limits on board

Unhappy with those two? Fine, too. We'll give you a full refund.

Passengers who don’t want to pay for the additional testing or follow the newly announced protocols for the ship can cancel their trips for a full refund, Royal Caribbean said.

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Will you also be unhappy if there is an outbreak among the vaxx passengers (like over the last several days)?

Yes.  Of course.  But, there are reasonable steps people can take that are PROVEN to reduce the likelihood of a major outbreak.  Nothing is perfect AND we know that at best the vaccines are 90-95% effective.  

You mention the recent "outbreak".  I am aware  of 2 cases on one ship and an outbreak in the crew (who were only partially  vaccinated)

Compare that to what could happen on a ship with 2000 unvaccinated.

We need to take prudent cautions.  Not 100% cautions.

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Silly question. One can be unhappy over any outbreak, but with unvaccinated people, the risk is higher.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Catnip said:

At least vaxxed passengers who contract Covid 19 will survive and not end up hospitalized.  Their family and friends will not have to worry about their loved one dying (especially with the Delta variant), or about the potential financial impact of medical care.  Being vaccinated is a win-win for the individual and the local and global community.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, koolZip said:

Silly question. One can be unhappy over any outbreak, but with unvaccinated people, the risk is higher.

Not silly at all.  Apparently there will only be unhappiness if an outbreak is caused by an unvaxx person, but won't be any uproar if more vaxx people keep showing up positive.  Got it!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How are they not asking for proof if there is a place on their site to download it to? This all BS !!

I think it about semantics.  

I believe that the law (couldnt find the legislation) say that you "CANNOT REQUIRE".  
I would read that to mean you can ASK but you cannot mandate.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

At least vaxxed passengers who contract Covid 19 will survive and not end up hospitalized.  Their family and friends will not have to worry about their loved one dying (especially with the Delta variant), or about the potential financial impact of medical care.  Being vaccinated is a win-win for the individual and the local and global community.

So in your opinion,  anyone that gets covid that is unvaxx will end up either hospitialized or dead?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Semantics. The stuff that makes some lawyers rich. 🙂 

Royal is informing passengers what it will do and require under certain circumstances.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

You mention the recent "outbreak".  I am aware  of 2 cases on one ship and an outbreak in the crew (who were only partially  vaccinated)

Also the 8 (at last count) of crew on RCCL that was vaxx but showed up as +

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catnip said:

Not silly at all.  Apparently there will only be unhappiness if an outbreak is caused by an unvaxx person, but won't be any uproar if more vaxx people keep showing up positive.  Got it!

Your question remains silly. You've created a dumb premise out of thin air. Actually "silly" is too kind a word.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Catnip said:

So in your opinion,  anyone that gets covid that is unvaxx will end up either hospitialized or dead?

Didn’t take this long to go off the rails, way to go guys....it’s a simple thing made complicated by some.   Y’all try and stay on point. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It’s not BS...if you want to show proof you can, if not different rules...

if you want to show your passport you can, you don’t have to..I think a birth certificate will suffice...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

My friend, did you chose of your own free will to take the vaccine?

Cmon people.  Lets at least be honest.

Here is the bill
https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/2006/BillText/er/PDF

Here is some of the text from the bill that applies 

"prohibiting a business entity from requiring patrons or customers to provide documentation certifying vaccination against or recovery from COVID-19;"

Bottom line is that you CAN go on a cruise out of Florida without showing proof of vaccine.
(How about requiring a negative test? Is that a problem?)

So, asking if you want to show proof of vaccine is clearly NOT against the Florida law.  

This will all end up in court anyway.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Catnip said:

How is that Apparent?  That was a leap not supported by any comment I or anyone else made.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1