The Pros and Cons of the Yacht Club.

chromered7

11 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

Arthur was the Le Muse Maitre'd on our 7 day cruise ending today.  Quite a character but professional.  The sevice in La Muse was sublime.  Arthur also is incharge at the Ocean Cay YC Restaurant.  Great guy and now a buddy.

Glad you had a good time.  We are glad to have him back in the YC.  Sounds like it took some grass roots to get him back and out of his post in MDR.

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I rather doubt that the YC Galley is open 24 hours, particularly for pizza orders.  Maybe my memory is incorrect, but, I recall a special phone number to call for pizza delivery to one's stateroom.  

Correct.  The pizza does not come from the YC kitchen.  That is why if you want pizza up at the pool you need to separately order it through Room Service.  At least on Meraviglia the pizza needed to be delivered to our cabin and our butler retrieved it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 5:13 PM, DCGuy64 said:

I’ve never been on Celebrity (would love to some day), but let me tell you about our experience in the Yacht Club regarding food. When we were on the Meraviglia in December 2019, I remember speaking with one of the waiters and mentioning I liked Indian food. The waiter was Indian and I figured at least some of the kitchen staff were, too. From that night on, the chef prepared me an Indian dish every night, even if I didn’t ask for it. I also mentioned that I love an Italian dish called pasta puttanesca. They made it for me right on the spot and it was delicious. Things like this are why I’m hooked on the MSC Yacht Club. 

We have had 3 similar experiences.

1) we wished for champagne and there was none in the restaurant on MSC Divina.  A waiter was dispatched to fetch it at Topsail.  Champagne awaited us every night afterwards;

2) I was thoroughly enjoying an appetizer of Bellotta.  Our waiter brought me a huge plating of same, that I simply could only afford to serve a large gathering ;

3) towards the end of a trans-Atlantic, DW's preferred wine (whine?) was out of stock at the restaurant.  The M'd «purchased» a few bottles from other bars aboard.

Over and above, I recall a scene where fighting broke out to reenter the ship after the usual fantastically pleasant USA immigration.  There were 2 YC butlers VERY actively searching forYC guests, and shoving us out of the chaos, through a side door, and right to the ship.

The staff really make the difference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

To get back to the original question- the only "con" I found in YC on my seaside cruise- my first MSC Cruise ever- was that my cruise ended after 7 days I was pushed out into the real world. LOL.

Indeed, it's a total culture shock post-cruise!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

We have had 3 similar experiences.

1) we wished for champagne and there was none in the restaurant on MSC Divina.  A waiter was dispatched to fetch it at Topsail.  Champagne awaited us every night afterwards;

My only nitpik about YC on the Divina.  Because of the separation of the bar and restaurant, cocktails and wine selection was limited in La Muse.  We had a choice of 2 whites and 2 reds every night.  we carried our own cocktail across the ship from Top Sail.

A small complaint, I know.

13 hours ago, KennyFla said:

My only nitpik about YC on the Divina.  Because of the separation of the bar and restaurant, cocktails and wine selection was limited in La Muse.  We had a choice of 2 whites and 2 reds every night.  we carried our own cocktail across the ship from Top Sail.

A small complaint, I know.

Yes, it is.  But, for those of us who have some challenges in walking long distances, getting from the YC Lounge/area to the YC Restaurant on Divina is not a minor consideration.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes, it is.  But, for those of us who have some challenges in walking long distances, getting from the YC Lounge/area to the YC Restaurant on Divina is not a minor consideration.  

We had  little rain on our October cruise. Wanted to avoid the windy wet walk so went down two decks zig zagged across and up! My Fitbit worked over time! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

....But, for those of us who have some challenges in walking long distances, getting from the YC Lounge/area to the YC Restaurant on Divina is not a minor consideration.  

True indeed, much as we enjoyed the same walk on Preziosa it's important that folks understand this particular YC dynamic on the earlier YC ships.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

Do they still greet you with champagne and cookies when you arrive at the terminal on embarkation day, or has that gone away since Covid?

Nope, they had cans of peanuts & Pringles water & soda. Blamed it on covid. Sometimes I get tired of every cut back being blamed on covid in travel industry. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

They had the sealed containers of choc covered peanuts that are charged onboard after consuming the first container.  We grabbed 4 off the table and 2 pringles that lasted us all 7 days, no extra charges.  Great upgrade IMO vs free Prosecco. 

Was that Divinia?  From experience recently and reports, that is for Divinia not Mera.