LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

fyi - Possibly you have come across this information already: 

Most travel insurance policies will waive the pre-existing clause if you purchase within X days of initial trip payment (air, deposit, etc). X days varies by state, policy and sometimes cruise co. (if the ins. is thru them).

I don't know if this is anything different from what was posted before, but currently this is what covid.is says about quarantine:

You quarantine if

You've been in a relationship with someone who turned out to be infected.
Someone in the home where you live is quarantined and you can not leave the home.
A child in your care goes into quarantine.
You come from high-risk areas abroad.

You quarantine, even if you have a vaccine, if

You do not quarantine if

You've been with someone who was later quarantined.
Your neighbor is infected (for example, in the same stairwell), unless you have been in a lot of contact.
You come from a high-risk area but have a vaccine.
You come from a high-risk area but have a certificate of previous COVID-19 infection.
You have stayed at least 14 days in a country that is not a defined risk area.

29 minutes ago, dcl999 said:

Totally different topic- does anyone know if the hand sanitizer Viking provides contains aloe? If it’s green it does, clear you have to read the label. Thanks 

I just saw a video from the Viking Star and the hand sanitizer was green.

Perhaps more important, there was a bottle of champagne in her mini fridge and she's in a deluxe veranda. How does that happen? lol

Edited by KarNog

19 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

I know I've let myself fall behind on this thread, but thought I'd share a photo from a month ago.

PXL_20210718_094055422.jpg

****  !  ****

Thanks for the photo! I keep hoping people will post pictures of their excursions and meals so I can experience the cruise vicariously through this thread 🧵! But lately it’s all been COVID COVID COVID. Which I totally understand given the situation but would love more photos… of course I guess if I want that I should go to “That Facebook Page!” 

😂  Cheers!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KarNog said:

I just saw a video from the Viking Star and the hand sanitizer was green.

Perhaps more important, there was a bottle of champagne in her mini fridge and she's in a deluxe veranda. How does that happen? lol

When I sailed in the Jupiter (Russia & the Baltic Sea) in 2019, I left a comment about how I found the food from the Restaurant was not as good as the one I had from the Sun in 2017. I don’t remember what I wrote exactly.   It’s really a very gentle critic. 

Next day when we came back from excursion, we saw a bottle of champagne and cookies tray with a note from the Restaurant chef thanking me for writing the comment. 

I’m not suggesting you to criticize the food in your upcoming cruise. 😜

Just one example of Viking’s great service. 

PS: We were lowly V1, not the big spenders. 

Edited by sleepybobo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, whipperwilleo said:

I don't know if this is anything different from what was posted before, but currently this is what covid.is says about quarantine:

You quarantine if

Someone in the home where you live is quarantined and you can not leave the home.
A child in your care goes into quarantine.
You come from high-risk areas abroad.

You quarantine, even if you have a vaccine, if

You do not quarantine if

You've been with someone who was later quarantined.
Your neighbor is infected (for example, in the same stairwell), unless you have been in a lot of contact.
You come from a high-risk area but have a vaccine.
You come from a high-risk area but have a certificate of previous COVID-19 infection.
You have stayed at least 14 days in a country that is not a defined risk area.

You will be quarantined in a dedicated state room or removed from the ship by Viking if you were contact traced to someone who tested positive, even if you are vaccinated and repeatedly tested negative.

Edited by Sea-Traveller
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KarNog said:

Perhaps more important, there was a bottle of champagne in her mini fridge and she's in a deluxe veranda. How does that happen?

on Jupiter July 13th sail, my understanding was that every room had a bottle provided because they were not going to have a captain's toast.

Edited by minka34
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KarNog said:

For those of you currently on the Sky, where are we on the Chef's Table rotation? I'm hungry and counting the hours (instead of weeks).

Here is the CT menu titles, starting tonight, Wednesday, August 18, through Tuesday, August 24:

Wed: Asian Panorama

Thu, Fri: Xiang

Sat, Sun, Mon: La Route Des Indes

Tue: Lotus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, dcl999 said:

Totally different topic- does anyone know if the hand sanitizer Viking provides contains aloe? If it’s green it does, clear you have to read the label. Thanks

Viking provides two 100 ml bottles of “desderman pure”, made by Schulke & Mayr GmbH, Nordersted, Germany.  The liquid is clear.  The label says it contains ethanol and biphenol-2-ol.  It does not list aloe. It is completely different than what we get at home (Chicago);  Purell that we buy contains aloe and is in gell form;  this is liquid.  The sanitizer stations around the ship spray a fine mist, that also appears to be a clear liquid.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

****  !  ****

Thanks for the photo! I keep hoping people will post pictures of their excursions and meals so I can experience the cruise vicariously through this thread 🧵! But lately it’s all been COVID COVID COVID. Which I totally understand given the situation but would love more photos… of course I guess if I want that I should go to “That Facebook Page!” 

😂  Cheers!

I'm starting to post some pictures from a week ago, but they're in the "Excursions" thread that someone started.  And I have only a couple meal/restaurant pictures, but here they are -  one from Chef's Table (with the lovely Portia from South Africa) and one from dessert at Manfredi's after we stuffed ourselves with the ribeye and a pasta dish on the side.  And just for fun, if you're in 3063 you may get a bird's eye view of the lifting of tender #5.

IMG_4248 chefstablecacuisineruthportia.JPG

P1080603 Manfredistonight.JPG

_MG_4873 Tenderboat5liftedup.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm starting to post some pictures from a week ago, but they're in the "Excursions" thread that someone started.  And I have only a couple meal/restaurant pictures, but here they are -  one from Chef's Table (with the lovely Portia from South Africa) and one from dessert at Manfredi's after we stuffed ourselves with the ribeye and a pasta dish on the side.  And just for fun, if you're in 3063 you may get a bird's eye view of the lifting of tender #5.

IMG_4248 chefstablecacuisineruthportia.JPG

P1080603 Manfredistonight.JPG

_MG_4873 Tenderboat5liftedup.JPG

A luscious pud!  I do hope you took your mask off to eat it.....   J

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like we're going to cancel our Sep 7 Iceland cruise.  Should we cancel excursions prior to cancelling the cruise?  We know we will get a voucher for the cruise dollars, but not sure how we are reimbursed for the paid-for excursions.  TIA 

12 minutes ago, sinsonte said:

We cancelled our excursions one day ahead of cancelling the cruise.  We still got only a voucher, no refund for the excursions.

This is going to cause Viking a bad reputation. They must be in financial straits. 

We were on the 8/7 Sky.  Booked our flight independently, flew over a few days early and stayed a few days later.  On 8/15  after the cruise we did the Golden Circle on our own.  We were in a really good gift shop there, my phone says it was Blaskogabyggo (I don't remember where, maybe Golden Falls?).

We met some people at the large gift shop who were on the 8/14 cruise and had taken the Viking Golden Circle tour.  So even though they were in the "Viking bubble" they were still around many, many non-Viking people at the gift shop.   

This was a very large, very crowded gift shop (and really good for those shoppers out there...)  

But just because you are in the Viking bubble, you really are not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BamaT said:

Looks like we're going to cancel our Sep 7 Iceland cruise.  Should we cancel excursions prior to cancelling the cruise?  We know we will get a voucher for the cruise dollars, but not sure how we are reimbursed for the paid-for excursions.  TIA 

1 hour ago, sinsonte said:

We cancelled our excursions one day ahead of cancelling the cruise.  We still got only a voucher, no refund for the excursions.

58 minutes ago, BarbRN said:

This is going to cause Viking a bad reputation. They must be in financial straits. 

I also cancelled our excursions one day prior to cancelling the cruise.  Viking said that didn't give them enough time to process the refund for the excursions.  So the amount I paid for the excursions went to the voucher.  

If you want the excursions refunded, then I guess you have to wait the refund to come in before cancelling the cruise.  

33 minutes ago, sleepybobo said:

I also cancelled our excursions one day prior to cancelling the cruise.  Viking said that didn't give them enough time to process the refund for the excursions.  So the amount I paid for the excursions went to the voucher.  

If you want the excursions refunded, then I guess you have to wait the refund to come in before cancelling the cruise.  

I called Viking last week and asked about cancelling excursions and was told they would refund to the original form of payment, which I confirmed was my credit card. I cancelled them through My Viking Journey on 8/13 because I knew we would (sadly) eventually cancel our 9/7 cruise and I preferred to have those amounts refunded rather than added to the FCC. So far the credits have not appeared on my credit card. This morning I asked our travel agent to cancel the cruise this week, in advance of next week’s voluntary cancellation deadline. We’ll see if the excursion credits end up in the FCC.

3 hours ago, BamaT said:

I just canceled that same cruise yesterday. I canceled the excursions first but Viking said the money wouldn't process that fast and it was rolled into the future cruise credit. They also said the refund for excursions takes about a week so it wouldn't have mattered if we had waited closer to the final cancellation date. So it's a waste of time to cancel the excursions. I think we have lost a lot of trust in Viking.

Edited by Rappersmom