WHO'S B9OKED & SAILING 2021 &2022

Rotterdam

Hey, guys! We are a couple living in Spain. We are going on a cruise on MSC Seaview from Barcelona (November 7), and then on the new Costa Firenze from Dubai from January 7, 2022. Will anyone be on these cruises? It would be nice to meet and drink a glass of wine 😉

Edited by whitepearl4
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 6:20 AM, SireDoime said:

26 days... 😁😊🛳️:classic_love:🤸🏿‍♂️🕺🏿

I can't believe how anxious I am. It's not b'cuz it's been awhile either.

Need calm 🧘🏿‍♂️

We sail in 21 days and I am anxious too!  15 day Princess (RT) SF to Hawaii so lots of hoops to jump through and "what if's"... 

I  got the BinaxNOW through eMed a few weeks ago.  It was going to be my back-up testing if I had trouble getting our tests after we got to SF (going 3 days early) and now that there is a big rush on testing, it may be the ONLY testing option available to us!  

Not Only do we have to follow the Cruise line prerequisites (Vax & test), we now had to register with Hawaii to follow their protocols (Vax, test & health survey 24hrs before arrival to the Islands

And lastly, we need to test Negative!!  whew!!!  There is a lot of potential stress to unpack here!!

So Hang in there!  Go through the paces and hopefully you get on board your ship and the stress will melt away!!!  Happy sailing!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

So Hang in there!  Go through the paces and hopefully you get on board your ship and the stress will melt away!!!  Happy sailing!!

Yeah, in retrospect it was testing that was making nervous, specifically if I'll get my results in time.

I bought a Pixel/LabCorp PCR self-Test for this cruise, but found out NCL doesn't want that.

Then  they changed their minds about at home tests. So, I just scheduled a Scarlet/BioReference in-home proctored PCR test (suggested by NCL, because the Scarlet doctors make a house call to collect the sample) in January 2 days before the cruise. But I am also relieved that NCL went back to free pier testing.

I really need this time away from everything.

• Like 1

My Husband and I have a few cruises booked over the next 2 years - mostly ones we have moved forward due to cancellations.  Though did manage a UK to UK cruise on Celebrity Silhouette last July - that was very relaxing only got off the ship in Belfast.  Was our first experience of the new Retreat, very impressed so we were happy to stay on board and chill.

Our Next cruise is with Viking from London to Bergen on the 5th February really looking forward to it and trying to keep safe!  Then another Viking cruise also Norway starting on the 30th September will be very interesting to see Norway in the Winter then the late summer.

Decided on some winter sun so have booked on Celebrity Beyond from FL on the 8th January 2023.

Also booked a Virgin cruise in April 2023 from  as we really want to experience their product.  Its a TA so lots of time onboard the ship.

So good to have cruising back again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greg1969 said:

My Husband and I have a few cruises booked over the next 2 years - mostly ones we have moved forward due to cancellations.  Though did manage a UK to UK cruise on Celebrity Silhouette last July - that was very relaxing only got off the ship in Belfast.  Was our first experience of the new Retreat, very impressed so we were happy to stay on board and chill.

Our Next cruise is with Viking from London to Bergen on the 5th February really looking forward to it and trying to keep safe!  Then another Viking cruise also Norway starting on the 30th September will be very interesting to see Norway in the Winter then the late summer.

Decided on some winter sun so have booked on Celebrity Beyond from FL on the 8th January 2023.

Also booked a Virgin cruise in April 2023 from  as we really want to experience their product.  Its a TA so lots of time onboard the ship.

So good to have cruising back again.

They all sound amazing!!!  We've considered Celebrity and I watched a video

about Virgin but not sure...  I would love to hear what you think after you've sailed with them.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:39 AM, MishelleMcc said:

They all sound amazing!!!  We've considered Celebrity and I watched a video

about Virgin but not sure...  I would love to hear what you think after you've sailed with them.

We didn't like the sound of Virgin. All the reviews talk about tattoos, rock star themes, adult play kits and crew in casual wear. Sounds like a cringy uncle trying to be cool to me😁

But i hope anyone cruising with them has a great time!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

We didn't like the sound of Virgin. All the reviews talk about tattoos, rock star themes, adult play kits and crew in casual wear. Sounds like a cringy uncle trying to be cool to me😁

But i hope anyone cruising with them has a great time!

Wait, what?  Tattoos & adult play kits?  Tell me more!  Ha!

• 1 month later...

I made my return to cruising after the pandemic on December 11 on Crystal Symphony for a week from San Juan to Miami. They had an incredible solo sale and I was so excited to try this luxury cruise line and be with fewer people. It was an incredible time, only soured by starting to feel unwell as I was boarding my flight in Miami to come home. I caught COVID - not a surprise as the passenger mandate was not reenacted until the next cruise. After I recovered, I knew I wanted to take advantage of my newfound immunity and booked another two weeks on Symphony and a family Panama Canal cruise for 2024. Two days later, Crystal and its parent company announced they were canceling all cruises until May due to their financial insolvency. It's a real bummer, especially for the wonderful crew. 

I've scrambled a little to make planes to replace that two week voyage as the cold weather keeps coming and am now headed on (all RT FLL):

Celebrity Silhouette, 2/25 - 3/7

Celebrity Millennium, 3/7 - 3/21. 

I was 13 last time I was on Celebrity and now I'm 31. Happy to be trying it again. 

• Like 1

I'm sailing on Anthem OS in late April from Cape Liberty and can't wait. I chose this one because (1) the ship looks beautiful (can't wait to hit the Solarium), (2) the price was right, and (3) I don't have to fly to the port - and especially to Florida, where they're all crazy when it comes to the virus (my family all live there and agree with me). I'm vaxed and boosted and not worried about testing or masks - we've had more mask mandates in DC over the last 2 years than you could shake a stick at so I'm fine with all of that. Two years (yikes!) of experience with the known preventives - mask up, get vaxed, avoid indoor crowds, and wash those hands - carry on and enjoy life.

I hope everyone's doing well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Boyfriend and I booked on Queen Mary 2 ,15 March, for a 5 night round trip from Southampton visiting Hamburg, Germany, and Cherbourg, France. Also Queen Mary 2 New York, transatlantic, to Southampton October 7th, same cabin, after 3 weeks visiting Cape Cod, Boston and New York.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 11:26 PM, MishelleMcc said:

Love your avatar!! ❤️

Love your avatar too. 

My partner and I are booked on Regal Princess 9/07-16/07 Rome - Athens. We’ve ordered our Pride Sea Witch medallions!  

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

My husband and I went to Bermuda in April on NCL's Getaway and are planning a return trip at the end of this month on the Getaway. We've got a Mexico/Belize tripped scheduled for March. 

These are our first cruises - before he had never been on a cruise ship and I had been on one Carnival cruise back in 2009 with some college friends. I do believe I turned him into a cruiser. 🙂

Happy voyages to all y'all!

• Like 1