Celebrity Vaccination Verifiction

AbbyCruiser45

I know this has been quite the topic of conversation recently, so I wanted to share my experience for the July 17th Edge sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. We got a call today from Celebrity asking if everyone in our travel party would be vaccinated and if we would be bringing our vaccine record to port. Of course it was "yes and yes" for us and that was it! Less than a minute. I've heard that several other people from this sailing have gotten the same call today, so this seems to be their plan to keep an eye on that 95% tally. The call came from a Miami number (area code is 305), so be sure to answer!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I know this has been quite the topic of conversation recently, so I wanted to share my experience for the July 17th Edge sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. We got a call today from Celebrity asking if everyone in our travel party would be vaccinated and if we would be bringing our vaccine record to port. Of course it was "yes and yes" for us and that was it! Less than a minute. I've heard that several other people from this sailing have gotten the same call today, so this seems to be their plan to keep an eye on that 95% tally. The call came from a Miami number (area code is 305), so be sure to answer!

That's a really good piece of info, and TOTALLY in line with the new discussion policy.  Especially the area code part.  I know I never answer the phone, even from local area codes as the numbers are easily spoofed by robo monsters.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, marieps said:

Especially the area code part.  I know I never answer the phone, even from local area codes as the numbers are easily spoofed by robo monsters.

That's the main reason I wanted to share! I decline almost every call unless its from a contact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did not see calls but I did get an email to please call and yes it was about the vaccinations. I just finished checking in last nite. So I called and answered the questions 

• Like 1

My phone call today came through as their 800-437-3111 number. I couldn’t get to it and this is the number they give to call back and confirm your status. I did, but the recording said I would have over an hour wait. Hopefully they call me back!

We don't answer unknown callers either.  Lately No More Robo Call has been blocking my CVP but she did get through last night.  We don't sail until October but I'll be on the lookout for a call.  I'm surprised she did not ask our vaccination status last night.

Our sailing is over December and January(B2B) I called to add insurance and the rep asked then if we were VAX i said of course .. when he sent me new confirmation it was posted on the booking confirmation.. I was blown away...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Our sailing is over December and January(B2B) I called to add insurance and the rep asked then if we were VAX i said of course .. when he sent me new confirmation it was posted on the booking confirmation.. I was blown away...

They marked it on the confirmation?  WOW.  First I've heard of that.

We emailed our Celebrity PVP last week letting him know when both had been vaccinated. He immediately thanked us and updated all of our applicable bookings. Just a suggestion but if you want to get ahead of this, I suggest you contact your PVP/TA and have them update your booking. Once updated here's what you'll see under each passenger's entry on the confirmation.

Special Services      VACCINATED-YES             VACCINATED-YES

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

But what happens if you dont bring documentation at check in. Seems like a trust but dont verify is a tricky situation. 

If you can’t verify, you become part of the 5% and whatever that entails.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, marieps said:

They marked it on the confirmation?  WOW.  First I've heard of that.

We have a cruise booked for Aug 2022 and Feb 2023. When we booked we were asked if we wanted to share if all members of our party were vaccinated and if we’d be willing to show documentation at embarkation. Our responses are recorded on our booking invoice for both cruises.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

We have a cruise booked for Aug 2022 and Feb 2023. When we booked we were asked if we wanted to share if all members of our party were vaccinated and if we’d be willing to show documentation at embarkation. Our responses are recorded on our booking invoice for both cruises.

Thanks for this info. I just checked and our X PVP only updated our August Edge cruises. I guess I need to send him another email to see if he needs to also update our other 2021, 2022 and 2023 cruises just to be safe. 

On 6/22/2021 at 4:49 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

Great news 

Is anyone getting calls if you booked with a TA?

I'm on the July 3rd sailing and booked through a travel agent.  I got a call from from the 305 area code, location Miami, to confirm my vaccination status.  

• Like 1

My first FL based cruise is not until February and I assume the landscape will be different by then, although I'm still hoping for a heavily vaxed manifest.  I presume =X= will not bother making these calls for cruises from non FL ports, as vax will be mandatory.   

• Like 2