How cruise lines are coping with Vaccination Ban

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I'm not so sure that what works when the ship is at 37% capacity will work at 100%.

OK. Let me put it this way......Celebrity was able to sail with 99% vaccinated passengers; verified all the vaccine proof and did not get sited from the State of Florida for breaking their silly law.

The total capacity of the ship has nothing to do with working around the silly Florida law.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I hope you are correct that NCL won’t have any issues. I seem to feel they will have issues because they leave no room at all for un-vaxxed. They must deny all un-vaxxed from boarding. 

NCL in Alaska says 100% vaccinated and ALSO take a quick covid test. It could be wrong too.

So I cancelled my Encore cruise because I could unknowingly have picked up the virus even tho I am vaxxed. So what is the purpose of vaccine if not everyone gets it?

Issues and freedoms still being denied.

I like what RCL is doing in focusing on the unvaccinated.

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

NCL in Alaska says 100% vaccinated and ALSO take a quick covid test. It could be wrong too.

So I cancelled my Encore cruise because I could unknowingly have picked up the virus even tho I am vaxxed. So what is the purpose of vaccine if not everyone gets it?

Issues and freedoms still being denied.

I like what RCL is doing in focusing on the unvaccinated.

Why not just take extra precautions the week or so before cruising to avoid contracting COVID? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Why not just take extra precautions the week or so before cruising to avoid contracting COVID? 

I was flying in a day early and one can catch something on a plane.

Can you imagine if we have to test to get on a plane.

Me thinks the nightmare will never end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was flying in a day early and one can catch something on a plane.

Me thinks the nightmare will never end.

I don't think you would test positive that quickly.... Also, the transmission rate on planes has been proven to be VERY low.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Things are changing too quick to worry about it..

BTW, are you booked in a cruise soon?  

I've been booked on a Breakaway cruise in Mar 22 since Aug 20.

I picked this cruise for multiple reasons.

First, I can drive to the port.

Two, I figured a booking that far out should avoid the COVID restrictions.

We will cancel that cruise in the event that COVID restrictions, masks, etc., are applied to that cruise.

12 hours ago, coffeebean said:

OK. Let me put it this way......Celebrity was able to sail with 99% vaccinated passengers; verified all the vaccine proof and did not get sited from the State of Florida for breaking their silly law.

The total capacity of the ship has nothing to do with working around the silly Florida law.

The total capacity isn't the issue.

The issue is that it will become more difficult to work around the Florida law as the number of passengers increase.  The more passengers, the greater the chances that someone will want to make an issue of this.  

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've been booked on a Breakaway cruise in Mar 22 since Aug 20.

I picked this cruise for multiple reasons.

First, I can drive to the port.

Two, I figured a booking that far out should avoid the COVID restrictions.

We will cancel that cruise in the event that COVID restrictions, masks, etc., are applied to that cruise.

I think you'll be fine at that date..

17 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I don't think you would test positive that quickly.... Also, the transmission rate on planes has been proven to be VERY low.

thanks for your words but I did cancel and am getting FCC to use next year.

It also includes my shore excursion too.

Got a full credit for my airline too.  so lot no money.  I just feel NCL is taking a different stance that I at this time do not agree with.  And I am the charlie brown of luck as well.  Did not want to stand on the curb watching the Encore leave because something in the air made me a carrier.  But alias I can still get on a plane to fly home so whole this is annoying.  toodles

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I think you'll be fine at that date..

Certainly hope so.  We will depart NOLA on the date of our 30th Anniversary.  We're bringing along our son and his wife to help us celebrate.

This will be our first cruise since Sep 19.  That cruise was terrible.  We both were afflicted with what might have been COVID.

Edited by RocketMan275

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have flown to Hawaii several times in the past year and for every trip, I had to test to get on the plane. When we flew to Nassau a couple of weeks ago, we had to either test or upload our vaccination cards to get on the plane. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 11:01 AM, BirdTravels said:

Royal has their "Vaccinated as much as possible" rules which have already resulted in COVID-positive passengers on their ships. I am sticking to the NCL fully vaccinated cruises. 

Vaccination Requirement for Alaska Cruises Departing Seattle, Washington

For sailings departing before August 1, 2021 all Royal Caribbean guests age 16 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. For sailings departing on or after August 1, 2021 the age requirement for vaccination will change from 16 to 12 years of age. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve.

Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a COVID-19 test before boarding. If a guest younger than the age requirement happens to be fully vaccinated, they should bring their original vaccination record card to board and should follow all vaccinated guest protocols while boarding and throughout their vacation.

All crew onboard Ovation of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas will be fully vaccinated.

I know people will complain, but I like 100% vaxx policy. Hope NCL sticks with it at least thru the end of 2021.

• Like 5