Arrival groups available for 8/29/21

Sea Hag

Boarding groups are showing for our 9/12/2022 Majestic cruise, but it says there are 4 groups in the mid and only one is showing (12:30-12:45). Our flight gets in at 12:04 and we have a Princess transfer, so I'm going to assume that we will check in when the bus gets us to the port? Next available window is 2:30 and that seems too late with a 12:04 arrival at the airport, but 12:30-12:45 seems too early? 

2 hours ago, station10fd said:

Something new showed up......A QR code to show at the blue lane and maybe straight on the ship at 11:30

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 2.32.17 PM.png

Got the same thing.  Guess we won't know what it actually means until people start sailing.

We are platinum and have booked a full suite for the 8/29 cruise and received no advance notice to choose an arrival group. Got lucky and was able to book Group A for 11:30-11:15 arrival. I’ve been checking the Medallion app daily. Only step left now is the health questionnaire. So happy to be going on a cruise again!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TinaLee said:

Boarding groups are showing for our 9/12/2022 Majestic cruise, but it says there are 4 groups in the mid and only one is showing (12:30-12:45). Our flight gets in at 12:04 and we have a Princess transfer, so I'm going to assume that we will check in when the bus gets us to the port? Next available window is 2:30 and that seems too late with a 12:04 arrival at the airport, but 12:30-12:45 seems too early? 

Presume you mean 2021 date as you couldn't have a flight already for Sep 2022.  I agree with your assessment of the time slots.  Who knows what they will do with a busload of Princess transfers.  Process them somehow.  Actually seems funny after spending a bunch of time together waiting and traveling on a bus, they are going to worry about distancing in a large terminal building.

• Like 1

Has anyone had experience with registering travel companions (like you can do for Dine My Way) for embarkation and disembarkation (then that is available)?  Is that even possible?  We have two 2022 cruises scheduled with family members in two other cabins and will be traveling together to the port.  I'm just wondering how hard it will be to coordinate.  We are elite, passengers in one cabin on one cruise are platinum, and everyone else is gold or ruby.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Really?  I wonder how many in each group?  In normal times, probably 75% of the ship would be there by 12:15pm.  LOL.  Well, 2/3??

Looks like 4 groups an hour over 4 hours, so 16 groups.

People per group depends on number of people on the cruise.

Assuming all groups had the same number of passengers:

1500 people = 94 people per group

2000 people = 125 people per group

2500 people = 156 people per group

3000 people =188 people per group

I called Princess since I am using the APP and was told since I have a full suite I will get priority boarding if I want it.  I assume that means what ever time I choose or arrive.  Does your app tell you anything about wedding party getting to board first or suites or B2B which used to get priority.

Reserved the Group A 11:30-11:45 time for the two of us yesterday morning for the 8/1/21 sailing on the Majestic.  We are Elite status and did not get any advance notice from Princess this is available; we've been checking each day and saw it available in the Medallion App.  Disembarkation times are still not available, but we now have 4 Green Check Marks on our status page - only need to complete the Health Questionnaire closer to the cruise.  I posted a note in our roll call and other parties replied that it was still not available for them to select a time.  Not sure what the difference is unless they are opening it first for the parties that used to be able to get Priority Boarding.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Looks like 4 groups an hour over 4 hours, so 16 groups.

People per group depends on number of people on the cruise.

Assuming all groups had the same number of passengers:

1500 people = 94 people per group

2000 people = 125 people per group

2500 people = 156 people per group

3000 people =188 people per group

Nice bit of math analysis there!

22 hours ago, station10fd said:

Something new showed up......A QR code to show at the blue lane and maybe straight on the ship at 11:30

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 2.32.17 PM.png

Thanks for posting your boarding QR code here.  I've copied it and will get there earlier than you and take your place on the cruise 😈!

Just kidding of course, but as a reminder, be VERY AWARE of what you post on-line as there will always be those nefarious folks out there just waiting to do bad stuff...😲

Edited by Av8tor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Av8tor said:

Thanks for posting your boarding QR code here.  I've copied it and will get there earlier than you and take your place on the cruise 😈!

Just kidding of course, but as a reminder, be VERY AWARE of what you post on-line as there will always be those nefarious folks out there just waiting to do bad stuff...😲

Good call!  I'm pretty careful, that's just a clickable link for the real code

On 6/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, KLM3164 said:

We are platinum and have booked a full suite for the 8/29 cruise and received no advance notice to choose an arrival group. Got lucky and was able to book Group A for 11:30-11:15 arrival. I’ve been checking the Medallion app daily. Only step left now is the health questionnaire. So happy to be going on a cruise again!!!

Did you book your time on the app

On 6/23/2021 at 9:12 PM, Steelers36 said:

Presume you mean 2021 date as you couldn't have a flight already for Sep 2022.  I agree with your assessment of the time slots.  Who knows what they will do with a busload of Princess transfers.  Process them somehow.  Actually seems funny after spending a bunch of time together waiting and traveling on a bus, they are going to worry about distancing in a large terminal building.

Yep you're exactly right (red face) - I'm in the process of booking for 2022 as well and got my dates crossed. LOL. We'll roll with it however it comes down, but I did choose the only boarding time they offered me - the 12:30-12:45 (?) slot. I figure if we don't get to the port until 1 they can't tell me I'm "too early" right? I'm at the mercy of the Princess transfer as to when I board... I just want to get there and get onboard!! 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:37 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I called Princess since I am using the APP and was told since I have a full suite I will get priority boarding if I want it.  I assume that means what ever time I choose or arrive.  Does your app tell you anything about wedding party getting to board first or suites or B2B which used to get priority.

I would suspect you’ll be the first of your assigned boarding group to board, but you do still have to book a boarding group in the app. That’s the verbiage I see, anyway. Part of the assigned boarding group is getting in the terminal building, and not just the lines/waiting area inside. 

First time with Princess and I'm in a Club Class. The customer rep @ Princess told me that we would not have priority boarding on next month's Alaska because of Covid protocols. This was early last month, though.

1 hour ago, auburn77 said:

First time with Princess and I'm in a Club Class. The customer rep @ Princess told me that we would not have priority boarding on next month's Alaska because of Covid protocols. This was early last month, though.

That wasn't even a valid excuse if true.

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That wasn't even a valid excuse if true.

Actually it is not next month, it is an August cruise. She simply told me to forget about that perk. No one would have it. The same person, at first, told me that my cruise had been canceled.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, ChangeOrder said:

I would suspect you’ll be the first of your assigned boarding group to board, but you do still have to book a boarding group in the app. That’s the verbiage I see, anyway. Part of the assigned boarding group is getting in the terminal building, and not just the lines/waiting area inside. 

Any group that checks in after boarding has started will go directly to the ship after checking in. So you will only be first in the assigned boarding group if you are at the front of the line when checking in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, socialworker said:

Oh, we haven't loaded the "app" and I know it will be a mind boggling chore, but I'll give it a try.  If you never hear from me again...

... we'll know you fell into the app, never to be seen or heard from again?