Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

In the Travel Checklist, my arrival status shows "green".  Now, where do I go to pick time for arrival group?  Thank you.

Was it you got this answered on another thread earlier??  Anyway, it's under Personal Information & Documents in the MC App.  That page has a Required section at the top and a Suggested section at the bottom.  The first item in the Suggested section is what you seek.

• Like 1

Is it possible to delete your account from the App?  I really would like to delete my credit card that I know is stored on the App but that's no longer an option after my cruise ended yesterday.  I wouldn't mind deleting my account from the App but when I click that it just gives contact info.  I was just wondering if anyone's ever had any success in deleting info or account while having no future cruises booked.

38 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Is it possible to delete your account from the App?  I really would like to delete my credit card that I know is stored on the App but that's no longer an option after my cruise ended yesterday.  I wouldn't mind deleting my account from the App but when I click that it just gives contact info.  I was just wondering if anyone's ever had any success in deleting info or account while having no future cruises booked.

You cannot delete your Princess account from the App.  You would need to contact Princes and see if they can completely erase you from their systems, but I am thinking they wouldn't do that if you have sailed with them.  All you can really do is turn off receiving communications.

1 hour ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Princess might be able to delete your stored credit card info. Try calling.

I expect that I will arrive for embarkation in Barcelona without a medallion.  Will Princess issue me a medallion at embarkation,  even if they mailed one previously to my home address and I left for Europe before the medallion arrived?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before.

9 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

I expect that I will arrive for embarkation in Barcelona without a medallion.  Will Princess issue me a medallion at embarkation,  even if they mailed one previously to my home address and I left for Europe before the medallion arrived?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before.

Yes. It’s not a problem. Most guests will be picking them up. We've received them in enough time, usually comes 10-14 days before sailing. But, also we’ve left too early to get them and just tell them when you check in, you need to pick up your ocean medallion.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Another update for Apple’s iOS only a week after the last update.

ANDROID.

Latest update date in Play store is AUG 30.

Version = 3.0.104165.

Simply indicates a fix where MC App not loading for some guests on the ship.

ETA:  Previous version info:

The version number for Android was 3.0.104108 and dated AUG 23. 

Edited by Steelers36

We are trying to do the check in for our upcoming cruise, and the medallion app won't open on our iPhones (cruised w/Princess many times and it's always worked just fine)......this time the little circle just keeps going round and round!  Is the app having issues or am I??  Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, time4sun said:

We are trying to do the check in for our upcoming cruise, and the medallion app won't open on our iPhones (cruised w/Princess many times and it's always worked just fine)......this time the little circle just keeps going round and round!  Is the app having issues or am I??  Thanks in advance!

Shut down your phone and then back up to get rid of the white screen.

I would try to sign out and back in to the App.  

Try logging into the App with your booking number instead of your email.

Any of these help?

On 9/7/2022 at 7:07 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Princess might be able to delete your stored credit card info. Try calling.

Just go home from Walgreen's taking a PCR Covid test, and my phone rings.  It's Princess following up on a pre-cruise issue I reported with my internet purchase disappearing from the App.  The lady just wanted to make sure everything was OK once on board, and it was.  So I ask her about deleting my credit card info from the App.  She does a 3-way call with an ocean navigator.  He says my credit card info has been deleted and I should be able to see this on the App.  I said I couldn't see it there before the call so how would I see it deleted after?  He said if you deleted the App the credit card info gets deleted to which I responded that's not the case since my cc info was still there from my prior cruise.

I didn't initially realize the first lady was staying on the line, thought she was transferring me, but it's good she heard the whole conversation.  I don't feel good and wasn't in the mood for the call, but it's nice that some followed up on the pre-cruise issue.  And in the process now she knows I also may have come home from the cruise with Covid (I'm not placing blame).

So it's true that Princess might be able to delete the stored credit card info but I wouldn't trust them to actually do so.  Frustrating.

Edited by SomewhereGirl
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, SomewhereGirl said:

Just go home from Walgreen's taking a PCR Covid test, and my phone rings.  It's Princess following up on a pre-cruise issue I reported with my internet purchase disappearing from the App.  The lady just wanted to make sure everything was OK once on board, and it was.  So I ask her about deleting my credit card info from the App.  She does a 3-way call with an ocean navigator.  He says my credit card info has been deleted and I should be able to see this on the App.  I said I couldn't see it there before the call so how would I see it deleted after?  He said if you deleted the App the credit card info gets deleted to which I responded that's not the case since my cc info was still there from my prior cruise.

I didn't initially realize the first lady was staying on the line, thought she was transferring me, but it's good she heard the whole conversation.  I don't feel good and wasn't in the mood for the call, but it's nice that some followed up on the pre-cruise issue.  And in the process now she knows I also may have come home from the cruise with Covid (I'm not placing blame).

So it's true that Princess might be able to delete the stored credit card info but I wouldn't trust them to actually do so.  Frustrating.

As we are older folks and do not own a Cellphone can we just enter our info as normal on the computer and not need this so called medallion .We are doing a cruise over Christmas on the Emerald and  are totally digital  stupid

37 minutes ago, loerie said:

As we are older folks and do not own a Cellphone can we just enter our info as normal on the computer and not need this so called medallion .We are doing a cruise over Christmas on the Emerald and  are totally digital  stupid

You sure can. Just go on to the website and to your cruise personalizer, just like  you always did.  If you move down on the page, you will see a dark box that says MedallionClass App, just below that in tiny letters in blue “Try our website version.”  Click  on that blue link and you will put in your name, booking number etc and you can do your checkin that way.

This will be on your computer, like in the past. Not on a smartphone. 

• Like 2

Seems that I had to delete the Medallion app and install it again  (it probably kept the information from our last cruise.)  After re-installing the app, I could only log in with my booking number, not with the user name and password from my Princess account.  I'm thinking this app may not be ready for prime-time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, PacnGoNow said:

You sure can. Just go on to the website and to your cruise personalizer, just like  you always did.  If you move down on the page, you will see a dark box that says MedallionClass App, just below that in tiny letters in blue “Try our website version.”  Click  on that blue link and you will put in your name, booking number etc and you can do your checkin that way.

This will be on your computer, like in the past. Not on a smartphone. 

Jumping in this worked great for me so far. We booked our dining for each night (miss TD), but will have to stay blue until we get to the port. Can't figure out how to add photo or vax info.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Technically Challenged 😊.

6 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Jumping in this worked great for me so far. We booked our dining for each night (miss TD), but will have to stay blue until we get to the port. Can't figure out how to add photo or vax info.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Technically Challenged 😊.

When DH's security photo disappeared, they had me send a photo from our desktop (by email) and the Medallion "wizards" added it for him.

You could try emailing the Medallion fixers and ask them to do it OR wait 'til you get to the port.

BTW: I added our vax info by putting a scan of the vax card on the desk top and then moved it to the appropriate place in the web-based app.

Hmmm, guess I could have done the same with DH's security photo. 

Might work for you???

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

OK, I just downloaded the app to an Android phone.

Try to log in using web credential.  It kept telling me credentials not correct.

Yet I can log in on the web with the same credential (email and password) without any issue.

What gives?

All I need to use this app is to purchase the elite discounted internet package.  Sigh.

Edit

Tried to log in by Booking Number.  After ID verification, it let me in and I saw the Medallion Net purchase options.  I guess I can still do things by logging under Booking Number, but that is NOT the way the App should work.  It should allow the same web log in credentials to let me in.

Do I need to set up a password with the App in order to be able to log in with email and password?

Edited by nho9504
Add questions

When is the check in open on the web?  Or one must check in thru the App?

On the web it does not allow me to go thru the first screen with the name dob telephone number.  When clicked Continue, it just pulled up the Travel history which is nothing more than a marketing survey like where you have cruised in the past and where you would like to cruise in the future.

Is it the check in not open yet since it is 67 days to cruise?

Or you can no longer add credit card etc to the Booking thru the Web?

Edited by nho9504

56 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

When is the check in open on the web?  Or one must check in thru the App?

On the web it does not allow me to go thru the first screen with the name dob telephone number.  When clicked Continue, it just pulled up the Travel history which is nothing more than a marketing survey like where you have cruised in the past and where you would like to cruise in the future.

Is it the check in not open yet since it is 67 days to cruise?

Or you can no longer add credit card etc to the Booking thru the Web?

You can enter required information using the MC App.  You can also use the Web version - which is really just the OCEAN Ready section of the MC App, including DineMyWay (DMW).  One thing the Web version does not do is provide Arrival Group selection.  This is one of the final things you do (other than Health Questions) before the cruise.  Arrival Group selection is the same thing as what you are probably thinking of - the old BP in Cruise Personalizer (CP).  All you have in the CP now is the luggage tags still. 

There is no real need for a BP any longer.  However, if you complete the necessary info in the Web version or MC App, and then select an Arrival Group in the MC App, you will get a QR Code in the App which can act as a BP.  I imagine that was the idea.  That said, you don't need it, nor do you need to select an Arrival Group.  Note that Arrival Groups are not open until at most 59 days from departure date and could be only 30 days or so.  No way to know - you just have to keep checking.

There is a link to the web version on the main page of the CP for each voyage.  Look under the symbols for downloading the App from the Play Store and Apple Store. 

The is no user guide for the MC App.  Just get into the Personal Information & Documents section in particular and complete what you can.  You should get familiar with the entire OCEAN Ready section pre-cruise.