Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 10/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, 1965 said:

All is well. I gave it a day after my rebook. The medallion app is working as it should, all info is in place. If it isn't working, give it some time. 

Agree!  It should be mandatory that people try, then wait for several days and try again before reporting that something doesn't work.  With all things digital, time solves 85% of the problems.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yeah....thanks...thought of that too....but they are pretty challenged by the app....

Could you 'sign on as them' to get it all straightened out?  Then give them detailed instructions on how to make the app work on their end?  I have a lot of experience with DH on this challenge.

• Like 1

But we pick up our medallions at the pier, so how can we have them scanned to get into the check-in/boarding area -- especially since the last Princess Customer Service person I talked to said you get your medallions on board the ship?

7 minutes ago, mbrjhabq said:

But we pick up our medallions at the pier, so how can we have them scanned to get into the check-in/boarding area -- especially since the last Princess Customer Service person I talked to said you get your medallions on board the ship?

Print off your travel summary and have it ready.  You will get your medallions at a table after check in “before” you board the ship.  You will need them to be scanned and have your photo taken when boarding just like you did with the old cruise card.  Having your picture already in the app and your medallion in hand just saves those few steps.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mbrjhabq said:

You should have asked that "expert" how many cruises they'd been on. The answer would probably be ZERO.

• Like 1

Totally frustrated with the app for princess. I can not tell you ll how much trouble I have had with filling it out and I am still not done. I think it needs to be simplified and also everyone is not computer literate to do it all. What do the folks do that have no computer or cell phone?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

Totally frustrated with the app for princess. I can not tell you ll how much trouble I have had with filling it out and I am still not done. I think it needs to be simplified and also everyone is not computer literate to do it all. What do the folks do that have no computer or cell phone?

They show up at the port with their paperwork just as we did in the past. There is no need for the app.

• Like 2

The App may be a good idea, but there are too many flaws that need to be corrected. Some things on line, others App only.  Annoying with no option and spending too much time looking for things. Port guides are nearly impossible to read on the iphone, and spending my time to download, print, etc., isn t my idea of customer friendly service. When it comes to making dinner reservations - based on days ashore and at sea, the App refused to allow me alternative dining rooms or times which is annoying, but tolerable. Five nights in the dining room, another 5 we'll do buffet and one night CG. However, making a reservation for the Crown Grille is another story and I'm not pleased. Once the CG reservation was open for booking, I reserved a table for 3 at 6:30 and then submitted payment. All set? No.  Two months later the 6:30 is now 7:20 - and cannot be changed! Looks like I'll be calling the dine line once on the ship - either give me back what I reserved or recourse the payment. 

Darcy

22 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

The App may be a good idea, but there are too many flaws that need to be corrected. Some things on line, others App only.  Annoying with no option and spending too much time looking for things. Port guides are nearly impossible to read on the iphone, and spending my time to download, print, etc., isn t my idea of customer friendly service. When it comes to making dinner reservations - based on days ashore and at sea, the App refused to allow me alternative dining rooms or times which is annoying, but tolerable. Five nights in the dining room, another 5 we'll do buffet and one night CG. However, making a reservation for the Crown Grille is another story and I'm not pleased. Once the CG reservation was open for booking, I reserved a table for 3 at 6:30 and then submitted payment. All set? No.  Two months later the 6:30 is now 7:20 - and cannot be changed! Looks like I'll be calling the dine line once on the ship - either give me back what I reserved or recourse the payment. 

Darcy

If the dine line is busy, just go to any specialty restaurant that has a manned reception desk and change the appt. there.

• Like 1

My experience - I had booked a cruise, and it worked fine.. I was like wow, not sure why everyone is having a hard time.  Then I had to cancel that cruise and rebook it under a different booking number to get some FCCs applied.  This is where the nightmare started.

The App only shows the old cruise.  Won't let me link the new cruise, won't let me log onto the cruise just using my booking number.. I've deleted it a few times.  However, on the website, they have a link where you can use the web version of the medallion app, which worked just fine. I was able to get into the cruise, it had all my information, and now shows me that I am in the Green lane.  Still can't get this same information on the AP.

After I deleted it and reinstalled it a few times, I noticed it is now showing me cruises I canceled weeks ago.  Read somewhere in here that someone asked them i their grandkids could help, I would have replied they obviously used their grandkids to write the app

They have a phone number listed to call under delete account on the phone app.  Going to try to call them and see if they can fix this mess.  Not really caring that much as it let me order my medallion and I got a confirmation email, and will most likely not use the app on the ship unless I absolutely have to. Hopefully by then it will have cleaned itself up.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, bluetardis said:

Medallion question I haven’t seen asked yet…It is asked if you want to par take in energy saving, on your cruise. What is this recurring to?

Maybe they're offering oars? That would save fuel; but food consumption would probably increase & offset a lot of it.

2 minutes ago, luvdaislands said:

In case no one replied, it's dine my way. My guess is it's Princess's way of disguising changes that burden the passenger with more work and/or hide that they eliminated traditional early & late seating  as well as shared seating on my upcoming Feb. 19 Regal sailing.

Well, it is all still available. You just have a lot more flexibility than the old system had. You can have the same table at the same time with whoever you want.

Well if it is available, it doesn't show on my app. I only see DMW times with private table. Can you help by posting how to find the shared table option? 

I really liked the old system where one simply checked early or late seating and the desired table size. In fact, before the computers took over the maître 'd assigned tables and even looked to seat similar age passengers together.

29 minutes ago, luvdaislands said:

Well if it is available, it doesn't show on my app. I only see DMW times with private table. Can you help by posting how to find the shared table option? 

I really liked the old system where one simply checked early or late seating and the desired table size. In fact, before the computers took over the maître 'd assigned tables and even looked to seat similar age passengers together.

If you ask for the same time every night in the choices, it only shows private tables. If you choose the next option, you can specify shared tables as well. The first night, ask to have the same table assigned and they will do that.

24 minutes ago, NownZen said:

If you ask for the same time every night in the choices, it only shows private tables. If you choose the next option, you can specify shared tables as well. The first night, ask to have the same table assigned and they will do that.

THANK YOU! I'll try that tomorrow.

4 hours ago, ehogan said:

Can’t link my booking number in the app.  I get “this booking number has already been claimed”.  However in the cruise personalizer all is fine.  Anyone had this problem?

That happened to me all the time and one of the experts on here hopefully will point you in the right direction. I just use my email and password to open the App now. Don't worry, it's not you. 

• Like 2

Please tell me I am not the only one with this issue. Sometimes my cabin mate is disappearing from the app. Also sometimes the people I linked will disappear. Then when I go to book dining sometimes it will say no reservations available but if I try a few minutes later it will work. So odd and fustrating. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luvdaislands said:

13 hours ago, NownZen said:

I wish someone else might post reporting the same situation. 

I am wondering if REGAL is changing approach and had SHARING removed from DMW in order to handle it on board.  I don't have any future cruises to check what DMW might be offering compared to 2022.  

It seems like they are handling dining well and I do see at least private groups in the same location each night.  I still have some research to do before leaving the ship.

And, yes, ideally this discussion should be in the DMW thread and not the MC App thread.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:41 AM, t&atravel said:

Print off your travel summary and have it ready.  You will get your medallions at a table after check in “before” you board the ship.  You will need them to be scanned and have your photo taken when boarding just like you did with the old cruise card.  Having your picture already in the app and your medallion in hand just saves those few steps.

Although we had uploaded photos they took them again at embarkation

14 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

Please tell me I am not the only one with this issue. Sometimes my cabin mate is disappearing from the app. Also sometimes the people I linked will disappear. Then when I go to book dining sometimes it will say no reservations available but if I try a few minutes later it will work. So odd and fustrating. 

I am so frustrated trying to use this pos princess app! 

• Like 3