Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I never use any of the "Link my booking" things. They don't work. With the online version of the app I hit Cancel. It takes me to a login page. That fails to work and takes me back to the "Link my booking" page. I cancel again and it once again takes me to the login page. The second time it works and I get into the online version of the app. Incredibly lame but that's how it works for me. With the actual mobile app I don't ever use the "Link" option. I login with my user name and password and everything works fine.

I can login okay.  When I select Personal Information it take me to a new page “Link My Booking”. After 10 minutes loading, it still loading.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Link My Booking

Is this new?  I enter my booking number and after 5 minutes of loading with no results, I disconnect. Is this normal? Does it take this long?

Do not attempt to use "Link My Booking".  It is totally unclear what this was supposed to be.  Either the System auto-connects your bookings when you login with userid/pswd, or you can get into the booking with Booking Number, Name, Birthdate.  We guests cannot do anything with the "Link Booking" function and it really ought to be removed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

I can login okay.  When I select Personal Information it take me to a new page “Link My Booking”. After 10 minutes loading, it still loading.

See comment above.  When you do login to the App - assuming you actually get in okay, you must be seeing your personal icon or photo at the top left of the screen.  Tap on that and a menu page pops out from the left.  Among other things, it should show any booked voyages on the left side of that pop-out.  If there is nothing there, you don't have any bookings associated with the profile you logged in with.

Have you tried the other way (Booking Number, Name, Birthdate)?  If that gets you into the booking, there is a possibility you have two login profiles and perhaps even two Captain Circle member numbers.  Time to get on the phone with Princess and have them poke around in the system and see what all is there for you as a guest.

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

See comment above.  When you do login to the App - assuming you actually get in okay, you must be seeing your personal icon or photo at the top left of the screen.  Tap on that and a menu page pops out from the left.  Among other things, it should show any booked voyages on the left side of that pop-out.  If there is nothing there, you don't have any bookings associated with the profile you logged in with.

Have you tried the other way (Booking Number, Name, Birthdate)?  If that gets you into the booking, there is a possibility you have two login profiles and perhaps even two Captain Circle member numbers.  Time to get on the phone with Princess and have them poke around in the system and see what all is there for you as a guest.

My app was working fine until the lastest update. I was green and ready to go. Now, I log in, can see my profile and cruises listed. I can see my dining reservations, no problem. But I cannot get into Ocean Ready and show as blue again. The web app doesn't work for me either. Tells me I can't log in.,

Ive reached out and they said they would look into it but still nothing.

I also have to log in with different passwords on the app vs the website. Same user name, different passwords. And if I change the passwords to match, one of the other will get messed up. Either the website won't show my cruises or status, or the app wont .

Ive explained it to them a hundred times, but nada....

Anyone have this problem.....go to sign in with cabin number but when I go to enter my information app closes out.

I am on-board Enchanted now and went to internet Cafe on 2 different occasions and no one could figure the problem so have not been able to use app on board. Deleted and reinstalled twice....nothing.

All my other apps work fine and using android. 

Any help appreciated....thanks.

3 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Anyone have this problem.....go to sign in with cabin number but when I go to enter my information app closes out.

I am on-board Enchanted now and went to internet Cafe on 2 different occasions and no one could figure the problem so have not been able to use app on board. Deleted and reinstalled twice....nothing.

All my other apps work fine and using android. 

Any help appreciated....thanks.

Not sure what you were trying to do exactly, but if you are on a cruise and on-board and connected to MedallionNet, you cannot access future cruise bookings you may have.  Need to be disconnected from ship's wifi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not sure what you were trying to do exactly, but if you are on a cruise and on-board and connected to MedallionNet, you cannot access future cruise bookings you may have.  Need to be disconnected from ship's wifi.

Not trying to access future cruise bookings. Trying to log into the Medallion App. When I try to log in the app closes out

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Not trying to access future cruise bookings. Trying to log into the Medallion App. When I try to log in the app closes out

Login is Cabin and Birthdate.  Is it possible they don't have your correct BD in the system?  I really don't know otherwise and don't know the exact point the App closes on you.  I'm just guessing here as I don't know, but I would be insisting on more help or ask if they can contact HQ on the issue.  There is no reason the basic login using Cabin/BD should not work.  Have you tried to login using one of the Internet Cafe computers the ship provides for guests?

• Like 1

I have to admit, I didn't read all 176 pages so I apologize if this has been asked/answered before.

We have a B2B cruise next August 6 thru Sept 8th.    I've had it booked for a long time.   Currently segment 1 of the B2B is no longer showing up on the app.   It's still showing up online when I log into Princess with my laptop.   My PVP confirmed it has not been cancelled.      

I've deleted the app and reinstalled it.   I've rebooted my phone.   Tried signing in using my email/password as well as using my booking #.   Tried Live Chat (they were worthless).  Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Oh, I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max (if that matters any).

24 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I have to admit, I didn't read all 176 pages so I apologize if this has been asked/answered before.

We have a B2B cruise next August 6 thru Sept 8th.    I've had it booked for a long time.   Currently segment 1 of the B2B is no longer showing up on the app.   It's still showing up online when I log into Princess with my laptop.   My PVP confirmed it has not been cancelled.      

I've deleted the app and reinstalled it.   I've rebooted my phone.   Tried signing in using my email/password as well as using my booking #.   Tried Live Chat (they were worthless).  Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Oh, I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max (if that matters any).

Not sure if when you call in to get your CVP or a Princess (MedallionClass) App rep.  I would ask what exact Name, Birthdate, and CC Member Number is associated with your reservation in both POLAR (main reservation system) and the App system.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not sure if when you call in to get your CVP or a Princess (MedallionClass) App rep.  I would ask what exact Name, Birthdate, and CC Member Number is associated with your reservation in both POLAR (main reservation system) and the App system.

The reservations are both associated with my name/birthdate and CC Member number.    The reservation used to show up on the app, it just mysteriously disappeared.    Guess after the holiday, I'll start making some phone calls.

2 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

The reservations are both associated with my name/birthdate and CC Member number.    The reservation used to show up on the app, it just mysteriously disappeared.    Guess after the holiday, I'll start making some phone calls.

I asked because I am wondering if some data got corrupted that was okay before.

• Like 1

I got off a TATL cruise earlier this month. I had several of the issues noted in this thread just trying to get Oceanready and as expected, the problems didn’t end upon boarding.

Actually, prior to boarding, I had another problem where I could not assign an arrival group. Even a week before departure, I got a “too far away. Please try later” error message.  Waited until we got to Rome, 2 days before departure and tried again and got a “this ship has sailed” error message!

That said, we had no issues at all checking in at the port. Just a quick passport scan and we were on our way and straight onto the ship. That has to be the quickest boarding process we have ever had with no queuing at all.

Then the issues started. I could never see my stateroom balance. I just got a portfolio number not loaded. That also stopped me from booking excursions where I had waited to board to use OBCs to pay for them.  Most frustratingly, I could not successfully order drinks in the app. It got as far as “order received “ , but never moved on to the “being prepared” state and the order would eventually end up in a cancelled state. A few times, the wait staff said that they saw my order, but they would re-order it and asked if I would cancel any stuck orders myself in the app.

To fix the portfolio not loaded error, the IT chap at the Internet cafe had me log out and then log back into my account and that did indeed work. That did not entirely fix the drink ordering issue though. I was able to place an order, see it move into the preparing phase and even into the delivered phase. The only issue was that no drink ever showed up! That was even more annoying than seeing the order end up in a cancelled state. I had to go up to the bar to complain and to get my drink made for me.

• Like 1

We will be on the Diamond Princess January 29, 2023. When boarding Princess now will we have a boarding pass? Or just show the info on our device with a passport? I notice it says our arrival status is Green lane. I have also requested our medallions be mailed to our home. 

56 minutes ago, sailaway2joy said:

Cruising in ten days on the Enchanted.  My Medallion updated yesterday and I can no longer find the medical form we had to fill in 24 hrs prior to cruising. Has this gone away?   

We boarded Royal in San Francisco December 22 and did not complete any medical form at embarkation.  

On 12/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, monty3 said:

We will be on the Diamond Princess January 29, 2023. When boarding Princess now will we have a boarding pass? Or just show the info on our device with a passport? I notice it says our arrival status is Green lane. I have also requested our medallions be mailed to our home. 

There’s no longer a boarding pass.  The QR code would be the BP.   But, out of 9 cruises this year, only once did they want to see the QR code.  Bring your medallion, all documents and print your travel summary out and you’re good to go.  Best to have a paper copy, in case of Internet or phone issues on embarkation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sailaway2joy said:

Cruising in ten days on the Enchanted.  My Medallion updated yesterday and I can no longer find the medical form we had to fill in 24 hrs prior to cruising. Has this gone away?   

Recheck it the day before.  On the App it’s under wellness check.

I have seen it disappear and reappear.  If it does not reappear, no worries, they will ask the questions at the port.

On 12/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, monty3 said:

We did have the QR code on my phone (after months of diddling with the Medallion) and the SF checkin guy used it.  But the experience recedes far in the past when you're actually on board and trying to USE the app.  Shore excursions and restaurant reservations seem to be all quite a mystery to the app, so it keeps some, changes some and obliterates others.  When you go back in to correct it, your dining times aren't available and sometimes it can't find your chosen shore excursions at all.  I don't think I'm made to be a Princess cruiser; I lack the proper patience to deal with incompetence.

• Haha 1

Never mind. Fixed it myself. B2B2B offered dining but only for first segment and segments 2 and 3 didn't exist. Logged out and logged in with booking number of cruise segment 2. Now all the days are listed. (As usual only the first segment shows a beginning date for the B2B2B under the "profile" portion but it's always been like that.) Such a simple fix for something that was frustrating the heck out of me.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

On the Enchanted Princess in  December. Prior to cruise went through all requested procedures on Medallion app. Instructions were TOO OFTEN UNCLEAR, as was feedback. Boarding in Ft.Lauderdale was surprisingly smooth using the app.   On board the app's simple functions (open cabin door) were flawless; others not so. One process that clearly connected to an external link took 3 minutes for the connection. Clumsy process.  A hamburger order from the adult only pool area took more than 1 hr to be delivered, half an hour after receiving message that it was on its way. The daily activity schedule listing is clumsy, can't see all activities in context of the   the time - very awkward to manipulate.  I could go on... Spouse & I have approx. 60 yrs in enterprise level information technology services where the performance of the medallion app would be unacceptable. At least Princess seems to be making a good attempt. If only they didn't use paying customers as Beta testers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kamfish642 said:

Not sure why I cannot book a specialty restaurant for February 11 cruise.  App keeps telling me to "check back closer to Journey date to use this feature;" however, I was able to book seating time in the Symphony Dining Room?

Not sure but I think most people get that message when they choose “explore dining options” in dine my way.  This function only works on board for menus and things.  Try selecting “view or book individual or daily reservations”.  Then choose the day you want for specialty dining and then select “+ add a reservation”.  At this point the choice for main dining room or specialty dining will come up.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

Not sure why I cannot book a specialty restaurant for February 11 cruise.  App keeps telling me to "check back closer to Journey date to use this feature;" however, I was able to book seating time in the Symphony Dining Room?

I had no trouble using my computer to book dining and ShoreEx before leaving home.  On this Royal cruise, Symphony was 'no reservations'; Allegro and Concerto took reservations.  

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:32 PM, Steelers36 said:

Do not attempt to use "Link My Booking".  It is totally unclear what this was supposed to be.  Either the System auto-connects your bookings when you login with userid/pswd, or you can get into the booking with Booking Number, Name, Birthdate.  We guests cannot do anything with the "Link Booking" function and it really ought to be removed. 

Apparently, Princess don’t download your personnel information into the app until after you make final payment.  You can try and used the “Link My Booking” if you want to wait for a very long time. 

Edited by DHP1