Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

19 minutes ago, Eamon Chute said:

OK.....dumb question (or two).......

Can you just keep the Medallion in your pocket like a coin, and will it still work? Or do you have to take it out each time to use it?

I don't wear a watch as I don't like anything on my wrists, and I don't want a lanyard dangling around my neck. Soooo......can it be used if it's in your pocket?

My experience has been that the wait staff when bringing drinks will point their magic box right at the medallion or even tap it when it isn't picking it up right away. The medallion opens the door without needing to pull it out of your pocket. And with the new Princess Prizes it's interesting to see which medallion it picks up first. Whoever it doesn't pick they come back out of the room and try for a prize that way!!!  LOL!!!  Needless to say, we're going in and out of our room a lot! Some of the prizes are OBC....we like free OBC!!!!

1 hour ago, NoelleC said:

Same here. I called Customer Service and asked which package I had and they stated Premiere. On my “Dine my way” it shows 2 Specialty Dining credits, so it makes me feel better that I am indeed Premiere in the system. 🤞🏻Hopefully the same for everyone caught in the Matrix. 

Same for us in the "Dine my way" section--it shows we have 2 Specialty Dining credits....but, of course, we cannot make a reservation using them or even trying to pay for them. I do wish we could make those reservations the old way-on Cruise Personalizer. Waiting on the DineLine once aboard can sometimes take forever....especially when you would rather be waiting at the bar!!! 🍸

20 minutes ago, david63 said:

On the Summary page click on the web version of the app and then select "Dine my Way" and you can book from there.

I never saw that before....and did not know that was an option. However, it was an exercise in futility as the same problems happen on the web version. It won't allow me to update my address....it won't allow me to change my emergency contact....it won't allow me to make a specialty dining reservation. Glad we spent +$11,000.00 on this cruise and can't make a specialty dining reservation. All Princess will say is, "It will eventually fix itself." 

Waiting.gif

Edited by HiCCCs
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

It won't allow me to update my address.

Your address has to be updated by Princess (see your account profile on the website).  Once this is corrected you may have better luck with everything else.  Have you tried deleting your emergency contact entirely and starting over?

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Your address has to be updated by Princess (see your account profile on the website).  Once this is corrected you may have better luck with everything else.  Have you tried deleting your emergency contact entirely and starting over?

If I log onto the Princess site and click on My Account, then click on My Profile, and then on Account/Contact Info, I can then click on Edit and change my address, phone number, etc. Very easy to do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If I log onto the Princess site and click on My Account, then click on My Profile, and then on Account/Contact Info, I can then click on Edit and change my address, phone number, etc. Very easy to do.

When I click on edit, it says contact Princess

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It has the correct address in the My Account / My Profile Account/Contact information on the Princess Cruise Personalizer. It is the incorrect address on the Medallion app for the upcoming Panama Island cruise in April. It allows me to try and change it ... it just won't SAVE it.

4 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

It has the correct address in the My Account / My Profile Account/Contact information on the Princess Cruise Personalizer. It is the incorrect address on the Medallion app for the upcoming Panama Island cruise in April. It allows me to try and change it ... it just won't SAVE it.

The one time I couldn’t save in the app. it was because there was something missing.  In my case the phone number in my emergency contact did not have the country code.  Go through everyone of your entries with an eagle eye and you may find the missing data. Also make sure there are no empty spaces before or after your entries

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

When I click on edit, it says contact Princess

Weird. I clicked on Edit and it displayed all fields as editable. It's always been that way for me. Did you perhaps make a second account or logon at one point trying to "fix" things?

Edited by Thrak

10 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

There’s no need to be snarky.  I want to see this evidenced in our own booking. I do not see that same screenshot.
There are numerous posts on this thread with varying reports, just look at the two I quoted above. 

Can we all consider that Princess may have differing documentation on the Australian webpages versus the N.A. webpages.  Could be the same situation for UK webpages. 

IDK if the policy would be different sailing Australian cruises (which are in AUD), but it would seem unlikely since guests from N.A. do sail those voyages and policies should be consistent.

Seems evident to me that PCL - and especially their IT dept - had problems adding new Premier program and most certainly with the latest pricing changes.

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

Check your phone number in the app. Do you have the appropriate country code entered? For the US you have to include the +1. If that isn't in place it causes other errors that one might not associate with the phone number country code being missing.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Can we all consider that Princess may have differing documentation on the Australian webpages versus the N.A. webpages.  Could be the same situation for UK webpages. 

On cruises from the US the "old" Plus limit was $12USD and the "new" Plus limit is $15USD.

On cruises from Australia the "old" Plus limit was $16AUD and the "new" Plus limit is $22AUD.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Check your phone number in the app. Do you have the appropriate country code entered? For the US you have to include the +1. If that isn't in place it causes other errors that one might not associate with the phone number country code being missing.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions on my mobile app issues. Everything is listed - all phone numbers have the +1 .... nothing I touch will allow the "save" button to go from gray-out to be able to save. It's screwy!! That, or I am batty!!! 🤪  Probably a bit of both!

54 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Weird. I clicked on Edit and it displayed all fields as editable. It's always been that way for me. Did you perhaps make a second account or logon at one point trying to "fix" things?

Nope.  I’m one of those people who have had absolutely no trouble with the app.  or the website.  It’s been good for years.  The only reason I went and looked at my profile was to answer HiCCC’s question.  Lol.  

4 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

Thanks for everyone's suggestions on my mobile app issues. Everything is listed - all phone numbers have the +1 .... nothing I touch will allow the "save" button to go from gray-out to be able to save. It's screwy!! That, or I am batty!!! 🤪  Probably a bit of both!

No you're not batty!  Or maybe we both are?? 😁 Because the 'save' button has always been - and still is - greyed out for me.  I've re-loaded the info, updated the app, tried also on the website and nothing clears the 'save' button.

3 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

No you're not batty!  Or maybe we both are?? 😁 Because the 'save' button has always been - and still is - greyed out for me.  I've re-loaded the info, updated the app, tried also on the website and nothing clears the 'save' button.

Well...part of me takes comfort in knowing I'm not alone! Sorry it has to be you, cruisingaussies....but glad to find a kindred spirit down under. I'm looking forward to being back in Oz in September and October in time for the Jacaranda to be in their glory. I stay in Kellyville. 

1 minute ago, HiCCCs said:

Well...part of me takes comfort in knowing I'm not alone! Sorry it has to be you, cruisingaussies....but glad to find a kindred spirit down under. I'm looking forward to being back in Oz in September and October in time for the Jacaranda to be in their glory. I stay in Kellyville. 

Yes, it is good to have a kindred spirit - and I bet there are a lot more out there with this same problem, maybe they aren't members of CC.  Have a great time in Oz, I absolutely love the Jacaranda trees in blossom.

Someone on the Regal (which we're going to be on) is posting live and this is what they've said about the Plus beverage package:

"For those asking about the price limits on the plus package it does appear that it covers drinks up to $15 regardless of when your purchased it. We payed for our plus package before the recent change and to test it out went to the medallion app to order a $16 drink and it covers $15:and a dollar whatever would be added to your account. "

This is good enough for me.  If it doesn't happen and costs us a few more bucks for drinks, it won't be a problem.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 3:03 AM, HiCCCs said:

My experience has been that the wait staff when bringing drinks will point their magic box right at the medallion or even tap it when it isn't picking it up right away. The medallion opens the door without needing to pull it out of your pocket. And with the new Princess Prizes it's interesting to see which medallion it picks up first. Whoever it doesn't pick they come back out of the room and try for a prize that way!!!  LOL!!!  Needless to say, we're going in and out of our room a lot! Some of the prizes are OBC....we like free OBC!!!!

Is the prize entry part of the plus fare or you have to purchase an extra?

On 3/13/2023 at 9:03 AM, HiCCCs said:

And with the new Princess Prizes it's interesting to see which medallion it picks up first. Whoever it doesn't pick they come back out of the room and try for a prize that way!!!  LOL!!!  Needless to say, we're going in and out of our room a lot! Some of the prizes are OBC....we like free OBC!!!!

It’s been reported that there’s a 15 minute delay between prize ‘drawings’ - so going right back out probably doesn’t do anything.

My concern is we usually have our daughter with us, and she always wants to run up to the door first to see her name on the screen.  Not sure if we’ll have to tell her she doesn’t get to do that, or if we’ll have to wait, exit the room, and go back in each time we go to our cabin!

🤪