Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

14 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

It’s been reported that there’s a 15 minute delay between prize ‘drawings’ - so going right back out probably doesn’t do anything.

My concern is we usually have our daughter with us, and she always wants to run up to the door first to see her name on the screen.  Not sure if we’ll have to tell her she doesn’t get to do that, or if we’ll have to wait, exit the room, and go back in each time we go to our cabin!

🤪

My experience back in September 2022 on SKY PRINCESS was that we were able to do it within less time than 15-minutes -- and the other cabin member won a prize. I remember it because I won the prize and we were keeping track of who won what on the Medallion app where the prizes won are listed. I think the neighbors must have gotten tired of hearing us go in and out of the cabin so much!! Plus all the laughter and excitement when we won....and all the whinging when we lost!!! Great fun!!

Question about the $10 shipping fee for the medallion.

I just booked a cruise, while on a cruise, for next month. It includes the Plus Package and states that the medallion shipping is free.

But when I went on the app to complete ordering our medallions, it added the $10 shipping. I paused the order and called the Medallion Fix It People, and she claimed there was nothing she could do to remove the shipping and I should complete the order and go to Guest Services once onboard to get the $10 credit on my folio.

Does this sound right? And has this worked for anyone (getting the $10 credit once onboard)?

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

I just booked a cruise, while on a cruise, for next month. It includes the Plus Package and states that the medallion shipping is free.

But when I went on the app to complete ordering our medallions, it added the $10 shipping. I paused the order and called the Medallion Fix It People, and she claimed there was nothing she could do to remove the shipping and I should complete the order and go to Guest Services once onboard to get the $10 credit on my folio.

Does this sound right? And has this worked for anyone (getting the $10 credit once onboard)?

Thanks.

I had the same issue for our 4/15 cruise.  I just changed it to pick up at port.  Doesn’t really slow down the process much - for us anyway.  Overall times will get worse as I’m sure lots of people are having the issue.

6 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

My experience back in September 2022 on SKY PRINCESS was that we were able to do it within less time than 15-minutes -- and the other cabin member won a prize. I remember it because I won the prize and we were keeping track of who won what on the Medallion app where the prizes won are listed. I think the neighbors must have gotten tired of hearing us go in and out of the cabin so much!! Plus all the laughter and excitement when we won....and all the whinging when we lost!!! Great fun!!

Guess I’ll need to plan some “in and out” time for our next cruise!  😁

4 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

Thanks.

My experience has been in all the times I've cruised since they instituted Medallion, we have never been charged for shipping that I recall. I just checked the invoice on our current order for upcoming Panama Canal cruise and there is no shipping charge....and they're being shipped to our houses. Early on, they were shipping them via FedEx. I didn't understand how they could afford to ship it for free to the customer that way. Big money.

4 hours ago, david63 said:

One thing that I do not understand with the shipping of the medallions is why this can only be done in the US and not the UK😕

They even ship them to Canada - despite now having a fee for it - and that would be the easiest change to make.  They had promised (with bs no doubt) to start Canada pre-Covid.

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They even ship them to Canada - despite now having a fee for it - and that would be the easiest change to make.  They had promised (with bs no doubt) to start Canada pre-Covid.

I think you mean that Medallions are NOT even shipped to Canada. 

• Thanks 1

Since the start of this Premier package, can anyone vouch first hand what the clip accessory is?? I have the watch and one of the clips....but the promo below says it's an exclusive design (crowd goes, "Oooooo!!!). 

What is included for the Medallion accessory?

As part of the Premier package, you will receive a clip accessory that has been exclusively designed just for Premier package guests. It will be in your stateroom when you arrive. Please note, this accessory cannot be returned or exchanged.

Don't know where to post this comment, so this seems like a good place.

My sister complained about Medallion Class App as being difficult.  I will admit it was pre web site days.  She is an avid Holland America Mariner.  HA !  She has to download their app now for a cruise coming up.  She is able to do most of it on their personalizer, but will still have to upload docs.  

I have finally learned not to stress over the broken Princess App.  Like the weather, it will change tomorrow and be fixed again.  (most times).  Once you get all of your information in, following cruises are a snap.

BTW...you would think Princess and Holland America are twins.  They are both not clear about anything such as Covid requirements for certain voyages.  

I really think Princess needs to have loyal passengers in a BETA group.  Give us a free cruise and we will debug everything!

• Like 6

On 6/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

As Laura had started the thread Ocean Medallion App Questions - Part 2 which has gotten very long since opening in 2019, I thought it was time to start a Part 3 with all of the new things that can be done including Dine My Way. 

I’ll leave Part 2 up at the topic and lock it so that we members don’t have to look through so many pages to get the new questions and answers.  

Here was the links that Laura had left on Part 2.

Please use this new topic to ask and answer all questions regarding Princess' Ocean Medallion products, apps and functionality.

For a resource purposes:

Princess Cruises' OceanMedallion Transforms Cruising ~ Sponsored by Princess Cruises

*Link to:  Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

*Link to: Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Make sure your app and phone are updated.  After entering your personal information,  I'd, passport etc. The information should transfer to other new bookings.  Get a P C P personal cruise planner at Princess.  This will give you a consistent point of contact.  Hope it helps.

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Don't know where to post this comment, so this seems like a good place.

My sister complained about Medallion Class App as being difficult.  I will admit it was pre web site days.  She is an avid Holland America Mariner.  HA !  She has to download their app now for a cruise coming up.  She is able to do most of it on their personalizer, but will still have to upload docs.  

I have finally learned not to stress over the broken Princess App.  Like the weather, it will change tomorrow and be fixed again.  (most times).  Once you get all of your information in, following cruises are a snap.

BTW...you would think Princess and Holland America are twins.  They are both not clear about anything such as Covid requirements for certain voyages.  

I really think Princess needs to have loyal passengers in a BETA group.  Give us a free cruise and we will debug everything!

It's a sad reality...but IF Princess would do that, we could help them really make it sing!!! The best designing ideas come from the frequent users....not solely techies in a petri dish....at least that's my humble opinion.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GWBigdog said:

Make sure your app and phone are updated.  After entering your personal information,  I'd, passport etc. The information should transfer to other new bookings.  Get a P C P personal cruise planner at Princess.  This will give you a consistent point of contact.  Hope it helps.

My COVID card transferred from past cruises to the upcoming Panama Canal .... however, it did not transfer to a later cruise and needed to be manually entered. Perhaps they don't care about COVID vaccination status any longer???? 🤷‍♂️

Needed card for specific extended cruises i.e. Panama  Canal   SEE particular cruise requirements

6 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

My COVID card transferred from past cruises to the upcoming Panama Canal .... however, it did not transfer to a later cruise and needed to be manually entered. Perhaps they don't care about COVID vaccination status any longer???? 🤷‍♂️

We did reload them for the cruise were om via the Panama Canal.  G

On 3/15/2023 at 4:49 PM, Blue_Flame said:

Thanks.

I just came out here to see if anyone else had experienced this.  I have the new Plus package on a cruise booked about a month ago.  Last night I tried to order the Medallions for this cruise and was confronted with the $10 payment screen at the end of the process.  I stopped as I wasn't sure if this was just something that always appears but then there's $0 charge actually made.  The screens before it showed the $0 charge too and the Plus package including the "Medallion Shipping" wording is shown under packages so all is well.  This cruise isn't for several months so I think I will wait for things to settle down.  But the last thing that I would do is go ahead and charge it and expect for it to be rectified onboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I just came out here to see if anyone else had experienced this.  I have the new Plus package on a cruise booked about a month ago.  Last night I tried to order the Medallions for this cruise and was confronted with the $10 payment screen at the end of the process.  I stopped as I wasn't sure if this was just something that always appears but then there's $0 charge actually made.  The screens before it showed the $0 charge too and the Plus package including the "Medallion Shipping" wording is shown under packages so all is well.  This cruise isn't for several months so I think I will wait for things to settle down.  But the last thing that I would do is go ahead and charge it and expect for it to be rectified onboard.

I keep thinking this is a similar IT bug issue like the one where the system wasn't giving the MedallionNet 50% off.  Now it isn't recognizing (or even aware??) that guest is on a Plus or Premier package.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:12 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

No need to give out a free cruise to get app feedback.

There is plenty of feedback here for free.

The problem for princess isn't actually getting feedback, it's hiring people competent enough to fix the problems.

Might be time to dump Accenture...

On 3/17/2023 at 7:12 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

[sarcasm / aka Sheldon Cooper]

I guess I wasn’t clear enough the first time. 

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I keep thinking this is a similar IT bug issue like the one where the system wasn't giving the MedallionNet 50% off.  Now it isn't recognizing (or even aware??) that guest is on a Plus or Premier package.

It's clearly a bug.  I'm going to dig up the email addresses that I sent screen shots to just before the restart of cruising.  They were very responsive back then as I reported issues but who knows if anyone is still monitoring the reports that come in.  By the way clicking on Support just takes you to the Ocean.com site.  There does not seem to be a way to reach out to anyone, at least through the app (or in the Apple store either).  Ironically I have not had any issues with the Medallion app in the five cruises that I've taken since that first one when the new app was introduced.