Child Exemption - Approved or Denied Questions

CM Cruise

Has anyone who submitted the online vaccine exemption form received a response?  If so, when did you receive it compared to your sail date?

I am waiting for my 10 year old and our sail date is Mardi Gras on Aug 7th.

Thanks

I've seen a few threads about this. Dont have kids myself but I've seen a few who got approved. Might be a few answers for you here, threads start to stray so might have more than one ship here.

Some from july and August have been approved.

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen a few threads about this. Dont have kids myself but I've seen a few who got approved. Might be a few answers for you here, threads start to stray so might have more than one ship here.

Some from july and August have been approved.

Thanks.  That's a good thread for reference...

I have never heard of such a thing. I though that kids and teenages 18 years of age and younger are not affected by this regulation.. I mean those tests, well, you have to pay for them if Iam not mistaken. What if you have like three or four kids? The world is going crazy.. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I have never heard of such a thing. I though that kids and teenages 18 years of age and younger are not affected by this regulation.. I mean those tests, well, you have to pay for them if Iam not mistaken. What if you have like three or four kids? The world is going crazy.. 

Carnival is sticking to the 95% vaccination requirement. So, in order to fill the remaining 5%, you need to apply for an exemption to the vaccine. This also includes kids who aren't eligible for the vaccine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CM Cruise said:

Has anyone who submitted the online vaccine exemption form received a response?  If so, when did you receive it compared to your sail date?

Thanks

I am waiting for a reply for Horizon August 7th for my 10 year old. My PVP said we should know by the first week in July, which will give us time to make arrangements (flights, etc). I hope we don't have to wait much longer. I'm okay either way but I hate the waiting. Good luck. 

5 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Submitted exception request for the 7/24/21 Breeze sailing on 6/8 and received approval on 6/23.

1 hour ago, CorrieCJ said:

I am waiting for a reply for Horizon August 7th for my 10 year old. My PVP said we should know by the first week in July, which will give us time to make arrangements (flights, etc). I hope we don't have to wait much longer. I'm okay either way but I hate the waiting. Good luck. 

Thanks, this seems consistent.  Looks like about 30 days in advance is the current pace.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:21 AM, CM Cruise said:

Thanks

camps are not opened for under 12 years olds.   many people are furious with that and said they should have been told before having to jump through hoops to get that exemption 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I also just received exemption approval for my 10 year old with an August 7 sail date. So 12 days in advance. 

I still don’t see any ‘Bubble Tours’ in the excursions.  Anyone with prior experience with these?  I’m wondering if we will have to wait until we’re onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CM Cruise said:

I also just received exemption approval for my 10 year old with an August 7 sail date. So 12 days in advance. 

I still don’t see any ‘Bubble Tours’ in the excursions.  Anyone with prior experience with these?  I’m wondering if we will have to wait until we’re onboard. 

I'm on the Magic on August 7th, and every so often an excursion will pop-up online for booking like this:

432689275_ScreenShot2021-07-26at7_10_06PM.png.123acd96f62c007c6740d56697b8e539.png

Folks on my sailing just received notice of their exemptions today, so I imagine there will be more bubble excursions listed pretty quickly.

Edited by keels81
  • Like 2

We sail 8/1 and we didn't get notified until last Wednesday 7/21 for our now 12 year old daughter. She's in a strange gray area, she turned 12 on 7/10, got her first shot on 7/10 and we are getting her second shot in Miami this Saturday, but we still needed exemption because she didn't have the 14 day waiting period after second shot. So I feel lucky that we got it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1