Add someone to Club Class dinning?

Sox Fan Cruiser

There are two of traveling in a suite with one friend who is not. I know that Club Class is exclusively for those in suites and they don’t let you add on other cabins for dinner. Are they at all flexible if we want to add just one person to our table or are they very strict about it. Of course the 3 of us can eat in the MDR no problem. Just wondering if we should even ask?

As they should be.  If they were to allow one person to bring a guest they would have to allow everyone to do so and that would defeat the whole purpose of Club Class dining.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, if everyone asked them to make an exception to allow just one more person, then the folks in CC and suites would be facing lineups so that the plus ones could be accommodated.  This is why it’s a perk for those folks paying for the privilege, and it is pricey.  

• Like 1

On the bright side, those in Suites can add the friend to their advance DMW reservation without the friend needing to be paid in full.  That way they can at least reserve a time to eat in the MDR together.

• Like 2

They have a bouncer at the door, ok not a bouncer but a person to make sure the passengers are CC.  No different than Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers. 

1 hour ago, Tak8 said:

They have a bouncer at the door, ok not a bouncer but a person to make sure the passengers are CC.  No different than Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers. 

I just had this picture in my mind of Jason Momoa standing at the entrance of Sabatini’s! checking ID lol. Actually, that wouldn’t be so bad.  Just saying.

• Like 1

I'll add my experience, I've seen many try (to bring someone extra along) and all fail.  At least in the past, in the future, who knows? 

I'll add that I have seen substitution in the past.  Both at the Suite breakfast and in the CC dining room.  If you're booked in a CC cabin for 2 (3 or 4), and you show up with that number of people other than your travel partners, nothing is said.  The "bouncer" (really just a really personable assistant waiter in most cases) has a list of cabins and # of pax but doesn't literally check names off the list.

12 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Unfortunately, if everyone asked them to make an exception to allow just one more person, then the folks in CC and suites would be facing lineups so that the plus ones could be accommodated.  This is why it’s a perk for those folks paying for the privilege, and it is pricey.  

Unfortunately, you say. Why is that?

10 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Unfortunately, you say. Why is that?

Unfortunate for the folks hoping to gain access to CC dining when they’re not entitled.  Fortunate for CC class guests and Suite guests that those people are turned away.  Sorry if my wording caused you confusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have always been allowed to bring a guest for breakfast in Sabatino’s — but perhaps that is because my husband doesn’t eat breakfast. After speaking with the maitre ‘d on the first day they have *always* given me a +1.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, jondfk said:

The "bouncer" (really just a really personable assistant waiter in most cases) has a list of cabins and # of pax but doesn't literally check names off the list.

Then how come they always say good evening Mr. and Mrs. with our last name? After day one they know you and know which table you prefer and which server. 

• Like 1