Freedom of the Seas - July 2, 2021

32 minutes ago, Artemis at Sea said:

Interested to hear when you are able to access rooms. Were they ready sooner because of protocols? How fast was luggage delivery.

Have a wonderful time!!

My room was available immediately (I got on at noon).  Luggage shortly thereafter. 👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, linga said:

2A7E9DCA-5C1E-450A-B5FE-73DC51A90DA7.jpeg

That is AWESOME.  Thanks so much for sharing.  It answers a few questions for me.

Windjammer is closed for dinner.

Flowrider for standup surfing is Advanced only.

MDR dining for vaccinated passengers is MTD or 6:00 only whereas "mixed" dining is 6:00 and 8:30.

Hope your cruise is absolutely perfect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

I heard from bloggers right at 1000. That’s about 25 percent?

Wow that is a lot of un-vaxxed passengers, no wonder they have a whole dining room and service at bot 6 and 8:30. To bad for My time dinners that have to wait till 7:15, when the Specialties start serving at 5:30

@linga If you are able to confirm the following it would be wonderful. 

We have seen those traveling with unvaccinated children are being asked to go on ship sponsored excursions with their entire party. But are they also being treated as unvaccinated on board the ship? In other words if someone is in the same party as an unvaccinated child do they get a wristband?

no need to rush to answer this. But if you get the chance would be wonderful. Enjoy your vacation! 

Edited by jacobtsf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacobtsf said:

We have seen those traveling with unvaccinated children are being asked to go on ship sponsored excursions with their entire party. But are they also being treated as unvaccinated on board the ship? In other words if someone is in the same party as an unvaccinated child do they get a wristband?

no need to rush to answer this. But if you get the chance would be wonderful. Enjoy your vacation! 

Vaccinated adults with un-vaccinated kids are getting wristbands. I watched a YT video this morning of a mom waiting to board, she was showing off her purple wristband while waiting the 45 minutes for her son's PCR test.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Please keep us updated with pics and info from onboard!!

Sorry replying here since I didn't get back to the other thread before... I really don't want to wearing that wristband all the time but it's more my husband he has a sever aversion wearing any wristband due to being hospitalized 3 times this spring, knowing they are the rubber type has him a little less adverse but he has worn that type before and they are tight on his wrist due to his wrist size and he still isn't fond of them.

Can anyone tell me if they are absolutely required everytime we leave the cabin?

Edited by mauraoel

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

Sorry replying here since I didn't get back to the other thread before... I really don't want to wearing that wristband all the time but it's more my husband he has a sever aversion wearing any wristband due to being hospitalized 3 times this spring, knowing they are the rubber type has him a little less adverse but he has worn that type before and they are tight on his wrist due to his wrist size and he still isn't fond of them.

Can anyone tell me if they are absolutely required everytime we leave the cabin?

If you are vaccinated and don't want to wear the wristband, I guess you'll be grouped in with the others who don't want to give the status or are unvaccinated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mauraoel said:

5 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

If you are vaccinated and don't want to wear the wristband, I guess you'll be grouped in with the others who don't want to give the status or are unvaccinated.

That was my thought too. Nobody is required to wear one, inside the cabin or out--but if you want to take advantage of the perks reserved for vaccinated passengers, then yes, I would imagine you have to wear it.  It would kind of defeat the purpose of having wristbands if they were something you could just keep in your pocket and show at the door of a venue etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiger-91 said:

Here's a video of your leaving port. 

Thank you so much for posting this! I started crying when she blew her horn. We were supposed to be on her for the 2nd time last June out of San Juan for my son's HS graduation celebration & our 30th anniversary. I was so upset when that trip was cancelled. We hope to be on her for that 2nd time soon. Hope everyone on board has a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jacobtsf said:

I did see parents of a two year old & they both had wristbands.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great cruise so far!!  All feels very normal, except for wearing the mask sometimes.  

2 other ships with us in Nassau today. A Crystal ship & adventure of the seas.  Locals are so happy to have us back.  A lot of shops are still closed, but there is some shopping to be had.  

I did a 3 hour ATV tour with Bowcar (not a ship excursion, on my own). Was great!!  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, linga said:

I did see parents of a two year old & they both had wristbands.  

Thanks for the update! My wife and I will be on Allure next month with our 2 year old. Any updates we get are greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

It would kind of defeat the purpose of having wristbands if they were something you could just keep in your pocket and show at the door of a venue etc.

I thought they'd be like the ones we purchased on Symphony, I have a white one, T has a blue one with the medallion on it...or are they completely different.  Those tracelets opened our door and the barkeeps scanned them.  I assume they'd keep track of any info on your account.  I wish someone would post a pic of one!

1 hour ago, linga said:

Great cruise so far!!  All feels very normal, except for wearing the mask sometimes.  

2 other ships with us in Nassau today. A Crystal ship & adventure of the seas.  Locals are so happy to have us back.  A lot of shops are still closed, but there is some shopping to be had.  

I did a 3 hour ATV tour with Bowcar (not a ship excursion, on my own). Was great!!  

Linga could you post a pic of your tracelet!  Never mind I found one:  similar but different from our room bracelets.

tracelet.jpg

room key.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

That was my thought too. Nobody is required to wear one, inside the cabin or out--but if you want to take advantage of the perks reserved for vaccinated passengers, then yes, I would imagine you have to wear it.  It would kind of defeat the purpose of having wristbands if they were something you could just keep in your pocket and show at the door of a venue etc.

If the are checking seapass cards to enter venues why would I need the bracelet?

9 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

If the are checking seapass cards to enter venues why would I need the bracelet?

Based on the protocols released by RCI, it sounds as if sea pass cards must be shown at some venues, to check for the punched hole. But that wouldn't be practical at the Solarium or the Schooner Bar, for example, since they don't have well-defined and restricted points of access. Both of those are off limits to non-vaccinated passengers, so a crew member could simply see that someone isn't wearing the wristband and ask them to leave.

Of course, as we have all seen, things are changing quickly and often. There could be a whole new set of protocols a few weeks from now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Linga could you post a pic of your tracelet!  Never mind I found one:  similar but different from our room bracelets.

The photos posted so far are just purple rubber bracelets, without tracking or any other purpose. Kind of like those old yellow "Live Strong" rubber wristbands. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Based on the protocols released by RCI, it sounds as if sea pass cards must be shown at some venues, to check for the punched hole. But that wouldn't be practical at the Solarium or the Schooner Bar, for example, since they don't have well-defined and restricted points of access. Both of those are off limits to non-vaccinated passengers, so a crew member could simply see that someone isn't wearing the wristband and ask them to leave.

Of course, as we have all seen, things are changing quickly and often. There could be a whole new set of protocols a few weeks from now!

And if they want to see my seapass I will show it to them. I will say I don't want to argue with you but the last time I said that the responder basically said that I was by just replying.

My husband asks what happens when our wristband is miss placed?  Yeah guest services should be able to replace it but if I am in a rush for a scheduled activity I really have to go hunting for a replacement?  I don't think they will be required 24/7 yes it makes it easier for the staff but in a pinch they have a way to confirm my status without it.