Freedom of the Seas - July 2, 2021

15 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

And if they want to see my seapass I will show it to them. I will say I don't want to argue with you but the last time I said that the responder basically said that I was by just replying.

My husband asks what happens when our wristband is miss placed?  Yeah guest services should be able to replace it but if I am in a rush for a scheduled activity I really have to go hunting for a replacement?  I don't think they will be required 24/7 yes it makes it easier for the staff but in a pinch they have a way to confirm my status without it.

I hope they don’t replace lost bands.  Otherwise they will be for sale on the ship.  Just does not sound like rocket science.  Here’s a wrist band, wear it outside your room or be in the un-vaxed category.   

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

And if they want to see my seapass I will show it to them. I will say I don't want to argue with you but the last time I said that the responder basically said that I was by just replying.

I'm not entirely sure I follow your meaning, but I hope you have a wonderful cruise and things work out exactly as you hope. 🙂

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Linga could you post a pic of your tracelet!  Never mind I found one:  similar but different from our room bracelets.

tracelet.jpg

room key.jpg

Are they using a tracelet on Freedom?   All I saw so far was the purple rubber band for vaxxed passengers.

Which they will definitely have to rotate those colors weekly.

22 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

That is AWESOME.  Thanks so much for sharing.  It answers a few questions for me.

Windjammer is closed for dinner.

Flowrider for standup surfing is Advanced only.

MDR dining for vaccinated passengers is MTD or 6:00 only whereas "mixed" dining is 6:00 and 8:30.

Hope your cruise is absolutely perfect.

What about anytime dining?  We never to regular dining

23 hours ago, linga said:

My room was available immediately (I got on at noon).  Luggage shortly thereafter. 👍

Was your check-in time noon?  Are you in a suite?  We on Freedom on 7/19 and the earliest check-in on the app was 1:00...just curious, we were thinking of getting there at 12:30.  TIA

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It appears that contact tracing is NOT happening. Thank God.  

They may have face recognition machines stationed around the ship. So they will have a general idea where you have been near.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They may have face recognition machines stationed around the ship. So they will have a general idea where you have been near.

Yes, I think someone said that was how they were doing on the Adventure.  Cameras everywhere.

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

93% vaccinated according to the below article. Very low guest count versus double occupancy capacity. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25381-royal-caribbean-s-first-u-s-sailing-has-93-percent-vaccinated-guests.html

It'd be really interesting to know how many of that 7% were adults. I'm guessing that is mostly children.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, linga said:

Great cruise so far!!  All feels very normal, except for wearing the mask sometimes.  

2 other ships with us in Nassau today. A Crystal ship & adventure of the seas.  Locals are so happy to have us back.  A lot of shops are still closed, but there is some shopping to be had.  

I did a 3 hour ATV tour with Bowcar (not a ship excursion, on my own). Was great!!  

Thanks for the updates, linga! 

My planned excursion was cancelled by Royal Caribbean yesterday with no specific reason given. I checked the available excursions remaining on the cruise planner, and noticed all of the excursions from my specific vendor were missing. 

Since I like booking excursions on our own, I started researching my options to do that, and found several interesting options. However, with all the new protocols in place, I wasn’t sure if we would be allowed to go off on our own even though we are fully vaccinated. I’m glad to hear that it worked out so well for you! I think the ATV excursion you did was one of the ones I was looking at. Of course, we don’t sail until mid September, so a lot could change by then……

So I guess the kids are wearing masks inside, then? I suppose the parents might too when with them out of a show of solidarity (or to keep them from protesting). Otherwise, is it pretty maskless? Are they limiting elevator capacity or are they still packed to the gills during busy times?

I forget, did this cruise come straight off a test cruise or had the ship been vacant (except for staff) prior to this voyage? If it was vacant that's probably why it was easy to immediately get to the rooms, plenty of time to clean. Or maybe in general they'll be able to open the rooms early due to fewer passengers.

6 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

I forget, did this cruise come straight off a test cruise or had the ship been vacant (except for staff) prior to this voyage?

Sorta (a few days since test cruise end) and yes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rabidstoat said:

So I guess the kids are wearing masks inside, then? I suppose the parents might too when with them out of a show of solidarity (or to keep them from protesting). Otherwise, is it pretty maskless? Are they limiting elevator capacity or are they still packed to the gills during busy times?

I forget, did this cruise come straight off a test cruise or had the ship been vacant (except for staff) prior to this voyage? If it was vacant that's probably why it was easy to immediately get to the rooms, plenty of time to clean. Or maybe in general they'll be able to open the rooms early due to fewer passengers.

Shannon Ford mentioned on another thread she would be vlogging the cruise as wi-fi permitted. She is travelling with her young son. She is vaxxed, but he obviously isn't. She said that she masks when inside and in public areas with her son. Haven't seen if he is allowed with her into the vaxxed areas.

Also Matt from Royal Caribbean Blog said masks are required by everyone inside when not actively eating and drinking unless in a vaxxed only zone. No masks for anyone(except crew) outside. Matt did mention how stupid it was to have the lifeguard standing there with a mask while everyone else is no masks.

• Like 1

Sorry the previous poster was not very tactful but I do agree with his assessment.  IF the wristbands are required and IF your husband is too uncomfortable wearing one, I think perhaps you should wait to cruise.  I am thinking about the crew.  I can only imagine how difficult it will be to politely remind everyone to follow the rules they themselves did not create.  They don’t get to pick and choose and neither to we.  I would be going out of my way to make it easier on them. Just MHO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, poocher said:

Sorry the previous poster was not very tactful but I do agree with his assessment.  IF the wristbands are required and IF your husband is too uncomfortable wearing one, I think perhaps you should wait to cruise.  I am thinking about the crew.  I can only imagine how difficult it will be to politely remind everyone to follow the rules they themselves did not create.  They don’t get to pick and choose and neither to we.  I would be going out of my way to make it easier on them. Just MHO

Like I said he will do what he must but I think there is a discussion to be had if you seapass does the same thing why do we need them.  I will be specifically asking when they hand them out to us the the question that I have expressed on this thread.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, karena1 said:

What about anytime dining?  We never to regular dining

Looks like if you do not do MDR for dinner, you will have to pay for a specialty restaurant, order room service, or go to Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos for dinner.

4 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Like I said he will do what he must but I think there is a discussion to be had if you seapass does the same thing why do we need them.  I will be specifically asking when they hand them out to us the the question that I have expressed on this thread.

A seapass is not immediately visible. If the wrist band bothers your husband, get a string or something he can wear around his neck that he can hang the wristband from.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1