Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

9 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I've sometimes resorted to putting it on the floor, under a table.

Another trick I've tried on the cruise planner is use two magnetic hooks to hold the planner against the metal wall on the edges. After the pic I crop out the round magnetic hook on the corners.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WxNerd said:

The Odyssey, Allure, Mariner, and Freedom along with the Carnival Pride and Liberty, and Celebrity Reflection were here to watch the show. Amazing horn battle followed the fireworks. 

That had to have been phenomenal!!!!  I love hearing the horn on ships!!!  Thank you for taking so much of your time posting your pictures.  Happy Birthday to your first-born.  He is adorable!!!!

I love that your youngest son tried and enjoys escargot so much, that he wants it daily.  A boy after my own heart.  He is so very cute!  It looks like you are having a wonderful cruise!!

What an eventful evening! 

We enjoyed a bit of ice skating in studio B. They were allowing people to sign up for 30 minute spots between 5 and 7 but hardly anyone signed up so we basically got to skate for as long as we wanted. The boys haven’t been ice skating in a few years so it was a struggle and they weren’t happy about that. 😕 

After ice skating we came back to the room and got ready for formal night. Once we were all ready to go we went dow to get pictures taken but the photo areas were closed until the second dinner seating. To kill time we went up to the suite lounge for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The bartender brought us a second glass of Prosecco and while he was setting mine down he spilled the entire tray of drinks on my oldest. He took it like a champ and quietly asked where the nearest restroom was. I know the bartender felt so bad, and apologized profusely, even though none of us were all that worried about it. We had lots of time before our reservations at Giovanni’s and paper towels weren’t doing much for the wet spots on my son’s suit so we headed back to the room to use the blow dryer to dry out the spots. And, we were given a voucher for dry cleaning. All is good. 

On the way to dinner we realized the same kiddo left his sea pass card at Studio B. Again, easy fix with a stop at guest services. They did print his card on the basic blue card, which didn’t even phase me but they called and brought another replacement up to the room. 

I think maybe. Giovanni’s deserves its own post so stay tuned. 

AAE6ECAD-B056-412F-A9AD-13AFE1250D64.jpeg

6B2B7833-178C-4F65-84C3-55609E27CDA1.jpeg

8F372080-03DD-4B35-A9C3-33D8FDF373DF.jpeg

FC0D31BA-1FBF-40C6-8CF2-802E0258F9F3.jpeg

• Like 23

2 hours ago, WxNerd said:

What an eventful evening! 

We enjoyed a bit of ice skating in studio B. They were allowing people to sign up for 30 minute spots between 5 and 7 but hardly anyone signed up so we basically got to skate for as long as we wanted. The boys haven’t been ice skating in a few years so it was a struggle and they weren’t happy about that. 😕 

After ice skating we came back to the room and got ready for formal night. Once we were all ready to go we went dow to get pictures taken but the photo areas were closed until the second dinner seating. To kill time we went up to the suite lounge for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The bartender brought us a second glass of Prosecco and while he was setting mine down he spilled the entire tray of drinks on my oldest. He took it like a champ and quietly asked where the nearest restroom was. I know the bartender felt so bad, and apologized profusely, even though none of us were all that worried about it. We had lots of time before our reservations at Giovanni’s and paper towels weren’t doing much for the wet spots on my son’s suit so we headed back to the room to use the blow dryer to dry out the spots. And, we were given a voucher for dry cleaning. All is good. 

On the way to dinner we realized the same kiddo left his sea pass card at Studio B. Again, easy fix with a stop at guest services. They did print his card on the basic blue card, which didn’t even phase me but they called and brought another replacement up to the room. 

I think maybe. Giovanni’s deserves its own post so stay tuned. 

AAE6ECAD-B056-412F-A9AD-13AFE1250D64.jpeg

6B2B7833-178C-4F65-84C3-55609E27CDA1.jpeg

8F372080-03DD-4B35-A9C3-33D8FDF373DF.jpeg

FC0D31BA-1FBF-40C6-8CF2-802E0258F9F3.jpeg

So cute — and they look so happy 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you so much.  Your family is beautiful. You sharing your family cruise gives me hope as I have an 8 &10 year old and we can't wait to get back to sea.  

Our family rule is you must try one new food when eating out or on vacation.  It has opened all our eyes to foods we might not have tried.  

• Like 3

Regarding internet in a GS.  Thinking back to all our cruises, any ship other than Oasis or Quantum classes we have had to purchase internet whenever we've been in a GS.  Almost Pinnacle so hopefully that will still be a perk!!🤞

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We were in a GS on Explorer of the Seas to Alaska in 2018, and our internet was free.

I am wondering when it changed, as having to pay if in a GS.

If true,, that was likely a one time thing. I don't recall any wide spread reporting of free VOOM with any suite on non-suite class ships.

Edited by Biker19

So, Giovanni’s…. I was excited to try it after all of the reviews on here and how

so many say it is better than Jamie’s on the Quantum class ships. I was terribly disappointed. We knew the service would be on the slow side, and I spent 3 weeks in Italy just before the shutdown so I know the pace of a tradition dinner. The dishes came out super slow, even the appetizers took over 30 minutes.

None of the food (appetizer, pasta, main dishes) was bad, but definitely nothing to write home about, I would say maybe a step above Olive Garden.  For my main dish I got the grilled Prawns which came with puréed potatoes. Not thing about it was overtly Italian. My husband ordered the Fliet and he said it started like the Filet at Chops. The menu said it was served with broccolini but it was definitely served with just regular crowns of broccoli. 

Dessert…..I don’t know how else to say it but the cannoli they brought out was atrocious. I’m not a picky eater, but this was just beyond terrible. I don’t know what the filling was made of but it was the consistency of raw cookie dough. The boys both ordered strawberry “gelato” which I would venture to say was scooped from a tub of the cheapest strawberry ice cream container you could buy at the store…they ate it without complaint but yeah, not the quality I would expect to find in a fine Italian restaurant (or one of the hundreds of gelato stands around s Italy). They brought out Hazelnut Tortes for the boys and those were on point. I don’t know what the filling was they put in it, but that is what they should have been putting in the Cannolis. 

As far as atmosphere goes, they had music on but weren't playing Italian music, I think it was the standard Caribbean instrumentals played around the ship. They also put us directly in front of the kitchen window, which could have had the potential for greatness watching the chefs artfully prepare dishes, instead we got a view of all the wait staffs backsides while they waited for their tables dishes to be ready. At one point there were 8 dishes sitting under the warmer but none of them were a complete order for any one table so they just sat there. The restaurant was also very loud. I think it was the open kitchen that made it so loud, but it was hard to have a conversation. 

I know many people love Giovanni’s, and it could have been an off night but it’s not a restaurant we will likely visit again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, crusnbee said:

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION -

What is in a strawberry blonde?

2 minutes ago, crusnbee said:

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION -

What is in a strawberry blonde?

See picture since I couldn’t copy and paste the text 😁

The pineapple guava sangria, also in the picture is amazing! 

522269F8-B356-4ECC-8D7E-1015314D1AED.jpeg

• Like 2