Third Party Excursions - Cozumel, Nassau, and Roatan

JakeyK414

Would love to know the updates on the capability of doing excursions on our own for an August 7th Edge sailing. 

We attempted to book our favorite place in Costa Maya and were told that as of now, that port is cruise-sponsored only. 

Anyone know about Cozumel, Roatan, and/or Nassau? 

TIA!!! 

3 minutes ago, JakeyK414 said:

Would love to know the updates on the capability of doing excursions on our own for an August 7th Edge sailing. 

We attempted to book our favorite place in Costa Maya and were told that as of now, that port is cruise-sponsored only. 

TIA!!! 

At the moment all subject to change at a moments notice. 

It will depend on your cruise line, ship and sailing date. 

If you want to do independent I would choose  something refundable.

16 hours ago, JakeyK414 said:

TIA!!! 

See you onboard on August 7th!

The docs from my TA indicate that:  Re: the Bahamas.  Everyone must obtain a negative RT-PCR no more than 5 days prior to arrival. Then you can upload it to a Travel Health Visa.  Not sure i want to pay for another test just to visit the Bahamas 

9 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

The docs from my TA indicate that:  Re: the Bahamas.  Everyone must obtain a negative RT-PCR no more than 5 days prior to arrival. Then you can upload it to a Travel Health Visa.  Not sure i want to pay for another test just to visit the Bahamas 

According to the Bahamian government, fully vaccinated travellers are no longer required to submit a PCR test:

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS

• Fully vaccinated travellers will be required to upload valid proof of vaccination (such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card) in lieu of PCR test requirement. 
  • For international travellers, proof of vaccination must confirm they have passed the two-week immunity period.
  • At this time The Bahamas Government will only be accepting vaccines by Pfizer Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

What does Celebrity say on the issue? 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

According to the Bahamian government, fully vaccinated travellers are no longer required to submit a PCR test:

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS

• Fully vaccinated travellers will be required to upload valid proof of vaccination (such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card) in lieu of PCR test requirement. 
  • For international travellers, proof of vaccination must confirm they have passed the two-week immunity period.
  • At this time The Bahamas Government will only be accepting vaccines by Pfizer Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

What does Celebrity say on the issue? 

I havent checked with Celebrity yet...just reading off my documents.  I has all become so confusing.  We dont sail until 8/14, so i shall check prior to that.  Thank you for your input..

One point to pursue with Celebrity is whether you will even be required to submit anything directly to the Bahamas as it's a port of call and not the home port for your cruise. In reading the numerous threads on cruises out of Sint Maarten, I don't recall anyone mentioning having to submit anything to the ports of call. Just something to keep in mind during your research.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise!

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

One point to pursue with Celebrity is whether you will even be required to submit anything directly to the Bahamas as it's a port of call and not the home port for your cruise. In reading the numerous threads on cruises out of Sint Maarten, I don't recall anyone mentioning having to submit anything to the ports of call. Just something to keep in mind during your research.

As a follow up to this post, there are a couple of posts today indicating that an email from Celebrity now states the following:

Guests visiting the Bahamas on any sailing departing from the US, do not need to apply for the health visa.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, Fouremco said:

this is all good & positive news, however, I shall come prepared with paperwork proof just in case.  thanks everyone