Review: Adventure of the Seas - "Because this will NEVER happen again"

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Sorry I thought I remembered you posting about little ones.... got my user names mixed up.  🙂

I'm told you can make your reservations for the Beach Club onboard the ship.... with the suite/diamond concierge or through the head waiter in the dining room.    My wife said the head waiter asked us about reservations for the beach club on the first night... but I was too busy coming down off the luggage fiasco to pay attention.

So Nachi ---  kidless and with a group you'll be fine.   Our experience was it was not a repeat for us. The service wasn't strong,  the drinks were just ok,  and while small and quiet, it was almost too quiet.  If you're going to read a book and take a nap on the beach, you'll be fine.    

We're not partiers.... Mr. Sanchos  scares me.....  but this place was too library like for us, and the food and service being meh just made it worse.

We're trying Paradise on our next stop (if RCI lets us off the ship)  

The only reason I chose a day pass at the Hilton was because i thought we would already be there, coming off the ship and we have kids.  There are many other hotels/resorts with day passes.  many are adult only so didn't work for us.   Many nicer ones out there too.  I was just eliminating a cab ride.... and more covid exposure.    

If I knew I was picking up luggage ship side and having take a cab anyway I may have chose someplace else.

Fantastic tips - also not big on the party scene, even when I was young.  Having someone come up behind me with a shot is not my fav.  If I have to choose meh library over scary Sancho, I’ll take the library, lol.  

I will set a task on my calendar to do the club dining reservations on day one.  Or ask the suite concierge to do it beforehand, even better.  Doesn’t seem like it’s busy enough to be such a big deal, but when in Rome.  

I have started research on day passes — some places are still closed, but I’m sure I’m on the right track now, so thank you again. You’ve been so helpful, really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Lot's of work went into this review. Nicely done. I have to say, in your first post #1 the family photo showed me young versions of the late John Thompson, former Georgetown men's basketball coach and the lovely Alicia Keys. Is it just me? 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

11 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Wayne, Thanks for letting me re-live my cruise again through your wonderful review. It was like having another week on the ship, but without the expense. LOL

I don't know if it is a thing with American or what, but they pulled the same stunt with us for our afternoon flight. They said it was time to board and they called all the different zones just about at the same time. We got 3/4 of the way down the jetway and ended up standing at the barrier for another 12 - 15 minutes while they finished cleaning the plane.

Again, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family. Hopefully, we will be able to sail together again.

Joe

American doesn't do that anywhere else.   I fly them all the time.... it's an American in Nassau thing.

Glad I could help you relive it, my friend.    It really was a great week. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Where did you stay?   I'm looking for a solid hotel near MIA airport right now.  We're flying into MIA the night before a cruise and want to get a nice hotel near the airport for the night, before we head to the port the next morning.   I haven't found many options that look nice, so I'd love to know where you were.

It was the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel and Executive Meeting Centre

We paid $79 for use between 10am and 1700 and was a couple of years ago.

This included a standard king room and use of pool.  We paid extra for transfers and lunch. 

We booked it through a company called Dayuse.com .