Medallion apps says my bookings have already been taken...need help!

monakayk

Medallion apps says my bookings have already been taken...need help! I can't even log onto it to put my name or address in the  area where it's needed. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, what did you do to make it work?

I see there have been over 30 views to your post and no answers. It would be helpful if you could provide a bit more information because what you've provided is somewhat sketchy. How are you logging in? Using your web site userid and password? Using your booking number (which asks for additional info)? If you cannot login, how do you know your bookings have been taken? I'm sure folks here could provide some insights but a little more detail would be helpful.  🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, monakayk said:

Medallion apps says my bookings have already been taken...need help! I can't even log onto it to put my name or address in the  area where it's needed. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, what did you do to make it work?

I had a "This booking has already been claimed" issue for my 10 bookings; I emailed AskOceanMedallion and got resolution in a couple of days.  Perhaps the following will help:

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

I do not understand what that even means.

---

None of my bookings appeared under "My Journeys" of the OceanReady Profile screen of the Ocean Medallion app; when I attempted "Link Your Booking" for any of my unlisted bookings I got the message "This booking has already been claimed" . . .

• See these previous screenshots of my "OceanReady Profile" screen and "Link Your Booking" attempts:

image.thumb.png.b6576cead3b4e3c4535ceb44c8c597a1.png
    ---

• Email I sent to AskOceanMedallion and their reply:

image.thumb.png.3461a7c9efdfa27569a33d935b147491.png
    ---

• My "OceanReady Profile" screen now (2 days after I emailed AskOceanMedallion), now showing my bookings listed under "My Journeys" [not including my B2B second & third segments]: 

image.thumb.png.eac63e5a50a94664311732d8808ed469.png

-----

This is a known issue on some reservations and Princess has a patch coming in August to fix it. If you are traveling before Sept. 1 you should message princess (click on chat at the bottom of the page on Princess.com) and they can fix it for you. If you are traveling after September 1 it should (fingers crossed) fix itself

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Princess should not have closed out the cruise personlizer in mass until the app was fully tested on a few sailings and ships. A giant business error. 

Absolutely correct ! I cannot fathom (a) Why they would want to force people to use Medallion  App and (b) Why they would not allow both methods for a trial period. I suspect that the data is kept on a different server and they did not want to maintain two data sets. So they need to transfer existing data to new system. Anyone with computer experience knows the easy part is writing the App - the hard part is converting data.

• Like 2

Princess 'knew' there would be collateral damage and push back over having a 'required app' - Princess tested the waters so to speak and is now somewhat revising the 'requirement' and moving more to a 'suggestion' - just like "dress codes" ( you just knew I would work that in somehow, huh? ) 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Princess 'knew' there would be collateral damage and push back over having a 'required app' - Princess tested the waters so to speak and is now somewhat revising the 'requirement' and moving more to a 'suggestion' - just like "dress codes" ( you just knew I would work that in somehow, huh? ) 😉

Where is the move from 'requirement' to 'suggestion' ?

Maybe someone can help. We booked a b2b to Alaska and was just told by princess no can do. So we canceled the first one and now only have 1 booked. However, medallion still shows 14 days starting on the 1st, now canceled cruise date.  I can't get to the active cruise to start booking anything. Ideas?

Thanks

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

having TA's, Princess online reps and Princess reps at the port to complete the check-in

OK the downside is that dinner reservation options might be sparse at that point. 

On 7/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, memoak said:

Face it the app is terrible. I wonder what Princess is going to do when hundreds show up at the pier and need to be checked in by hand

People will be held up from getting on board.  Lines will back up outside the building.  Departure could be delayed.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

OK the downside is that dinner reservation options might be sparse at that point. 

we are NOT 'foodies' - especially in a place like the 'mdr' on a Princess cruise ship ... we always have and hopefully can continue to eat at 2 tops ... the mdr is NOT an "event" to us that we schedule around.

we 'only' had 2 cruises cancelled, and only have one cruise currently booked at the end of November.

we'll see how that goes and then decide our future cruising with Princess

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

People will be held up from getting on board.  Lines will back up outside the building.  Departure could be delayed.

glad there are cruises out of PE before ours in late November - and there are 2 scheduled cruises on the REGAL before ours - so at least we got that going for us

• Like 1