Australia and Asia Cancellations

7 minutes ago, BecAus said:

Ha, ha, I think I'm getting confused as I have three TP's booked over '21/'22.

I checked - my April '22 TP is on Ovation out of Sydney - no cancellation on that yet.

I've rebooked Oct '22 TP on Quantum to Brisbane.

I edited my post as I am getting confused too!  I am hoping for a L&S for Ovation TP April 22 to April 23 (have excellent deal from another L&S in 21), however with no offer for Quantum TP probably not happening.

At least it is not cancelled yet! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It would have to satisfy the PVSA and do a foreign port of call I believe.

So that would be port in Mexico or Canada.

I’ve always felt there’s gotta be some rock off the West coast a cruise line could claim and declare independence. 

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI had to start winding down a program no other line has.

I think the number crunchers finally alerted them on how much monetary potential they were losing with lift and shifts. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I’ve always felt there’s gotta be some rock off the West coast a cruise line could claim and declare independence. 

Hmmm...Maybe sell them Catalina :classic_unsure:

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

9 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I think the number crunchers finally alerted them on how much monetary potential they were losing with lift and shifts. 

bummer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Ken is it weird that there is no lift option to the next year for this round of cancellations? 

I'm not familiar with the itineraries that have been cancelled, the only thing I can think of is that there are like for like itineraries next year to shift to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not only that NCL stopped giving out bonus FCC months ago and eventually went full refund. When my Feb cruise with them was canceled at the end of 2020 it was automatic refund. Their CEO stated he didn't want to be dealing with all the FCC far into the future. 

Glad I got to L&S with Royal, they're still crazy though considering what the cabin next to me is selling for vs my protected price. 

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Princess still has a same price lift and shift for the current cancellations upto December 2021.

In fact they are very generous and are ALSO offering 1 or 2 nights extra for the lift and shift of some cancellations, with zero price inflation

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Princes has a zero inflation lift and shift with one or two night extra thrown in for free, and the same itinerary

• Like 1

We've just had the email for two Voyager cruises now cancelled, I've lost count now of how many have gone, and also getting confused with the FCC's which have moved to different cruises only to then be cancelled, I think I'm going to start asking for the refunds instead and hold off until there is more certainty, I know RCI are suffering too but it does not help when they do these rounds of cancellations when they may not be necessary.

3 hours ago, welshrich said:

We've just had the email for two Voyager cruises now cancelled, I've lost count now of how many have gone, and also getting confused with the FCC's which have moved to different cruises only to then be cancelled, I think I'm going to start asking for the refunds instead and hold off until there is more certainty, I know RCI are suffering too but it does not help when they do these rounds of cancellations when they may not be necessary.

Absolutely I fully agree !

Even I am going to take a refund & forfeit the 25% extra, because now RCI prices have gone through the roof.

I cannot find any Cruise worth booking BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2022

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Getting 25% extra and paying 100% more does not make sense to me.

there are still a few other Cruise lines available at bargain prices.

I hope some manager from Royal Caribbean is reading this

Edited by drsel

1) How does one get a refund from Royal Caribbean for the cancelled Voyager sailing ?

Do you have to email or phone the customer care or email your travel agent to do it for you?

I had paid for this cruise using 1 FCC of a previously cancelled Cruise

2) How long will it take to get credited back into my credit card?

Royal Caribbean customer care said that I have only two options 100% refund or a 125% FCC.

The 125% FCC would be available from August 3rd 2021 , but I think I should go for a refund

Edited by drsel

Off topic.....I paid $550 for a balcony on Adventure of the Seas.  So I see so many negative comments on how RCCL is holding their money, when RCCL is sailing, and are trying to get countries/ports open to allow them to expand.  By the way, my $550.00 was paid with FCC, the 100% part.  The remaining amounts was paid with FCC, the Free FCC, you know, the 25% part.  Guess what, it's actually sailing now.  So, I have had the Spectrum cancelled on me.....and pretty much not much hope for 2022 based on some talk with China.  Would like to be on the Wonder next year, but very unlikely, so I will go to Europe.  Just waiting for things to get a little more stable before booking.  

Conclusion, it is frustrating but on the other hand, it's not RCCL's fault.  They seem to be the leader with actual sailings now.  So maybe a little less complaining and a little more getting creative with your sailings, and be happy with your bonus money.  I am.

1 hour ago, stalek said:

Where will Voyager sail to april 2022?

Voyagers first Cruise will be from Barcelona to Copenhagen from 15 to 24th April 2022, after which it will be doing round trips from Copenhagen.

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Voyagers first Cruise will be from Barcelona to Copenhagen from 15 to 24th April 2022, after which it will be doing round trips from Copenhagen.

Wow, lay up until that!? Is the confirmered? 

4 hours ago, stalek said:

Wow, lay up until that!? Is the confirmered? 

There’s a very slim chance we could see it in Australia before it goes to Europe.

Otherwise it will be doing nothing. 
Wonder will probably replace it in China??

• 1 month later...

CLIA’s pathway to recovery

To coincide with the event, CLIA Australasia MD Joel Katz issued a four-part ‘pathway to recovery plan’ developed in response to Australia’s four-phase National Plan:

Part 1 replaces the current cruise suspension with an agreed framework for a phased resumption of cruising, beginning initially with domestic sailings.

Part 2 is the beginning of domestic-only cruises with extensive health protocols in place, including requirements for vaccinations and testing.

Part 3 is for expanded domestic sailings and progress to carefully controlled cruises within trans-Tasman or regional ‘bubbles.’

Part 4 is the resumption of carefully controlled international itineraries from Australian ports with ongoing health protocols and testing/vaccination requirements.

CLIA Australasia Virtual Cruise Forum tide turning on cruise shutdown (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Like 1