Australia and Asia Cancellations

We hope that you and your clients continue to remain healthy and safe. As you know, the current environment has been, and still is, quite fluid. Due to ongoing uncertainty with the re-opening of international borders, as well as subsequent changes to our global return to service scope, we’ve made a few adjustments to our upcoming itinerary offerings that we want to make you aware of.   

• Quantum of the Seas®: Originally scheduled to set sail from Brisbane, Australia beginning October 30, 2021, the successes seen from her current deployment offerings have prompted the decision to keep Quantum in Singapore for an extended season.  
  • Voyager of the Seas®: Originally scheduled to sail from Beijing (Tianjin), China beginning in August 2021 and Singapore as of November 2021, the decision has been made to suspend Voyager’s sailings through March 2022. 
  • Ovation of the Seas®: Originally scheduled to reposition to Australia beginning September 2021, the decision has been made to keep Ovation in Alaska for a bit longer, adding 4 NEW sailings to the tail-end of her 2021 season.
  • Serenade of the Seas®: As future itinerary planning continues, the decision has been made to cancel Serenade of the Seas’ repositioning sailings departing September 26 and October 7, 2021.   
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

This is not a surprise at all.

I posted somewhere last week that I had noticed 4 additional dates for Ovation on the port of Seattle cruise schedule.  

I assume they are working on where they can homeport the Ovation and Serenade in the coming months.

I wonder if they’ll offer lift & shifts or just call them repositionings and just give refunds. I’ve been shifting lift and shifts for a year now and they keep getting cancelled. Got a good price on a GS and hate to lose it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

This is not a surprise at all.

I posted somewhere last week that I had noticed 4 additional dates for Ovation on the port of Seattle cruise schedule.  

I assume they are working on where they can homeport the Ovation and Serenade in the coming months.

I think Serenade could still come to Sydney for test cruises and maybe Radiance also.

1 minute ago, Missusdubbya said:

I would love a lift and shift from my Voyager ex Singapore cruises to Wonder! 😁

We may have a bubble with Singapore by then.

I don’t believe we have to quarantine in Singapore at the moment.

But we have to get a exemption to leave Australia and quarantine coming home.

What a joke.

• Like 1

I have a 9 day Spectrum cruise booked for the 21st of Dec.  Don't think it will be the same schedule (hoping it goes on anyways) as Japan will probably not be ready.  Starting Oct, Spectrum will be doing 4 day cruises to nowhere out of HK.  My guess is that we may divert to Singapore with a 2 day stay and slowly cruise back to HK.  Right now I'm willing to go practically anywhere.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think Serenade could still come to Sydney for test cruises and maybe Radiance also.

Serenade is schedule to go into drydock in Singapore in March (leaving SYD 27 February 2022). I do wonder if they will cancel this drydock in Singapore and drydock her in the Caribean, thus not having to relocate her to AU.

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So I can still hope Ovation might come to the west coast :classic_wink:

I think it’s a good bet.

About the best we can hope for in Australia is radiance,voyager  and Serenade for some cruise trials.

Let keep an eye on LA port schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got the cancellation email for our Quantum sailing in January. Quantum remaining in Singapore.

No lift & shift option either. 

Knew it was going to happen and glad that they have taken the decision months out rather than wait until after final payment.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I wonder if they’ll offer lift & shifts or just call them repositionings and just give refunds. I’ve been shifting lift and shifts for a year now and they keep getting cancelled. Got a good price on a GS and hate to lose it. 

I've received emails re: 2 of my 3 cruises - TP this Sept on Ovation and my Quantum for December.

Only had a quick look at email so far but no L & S offered by the looks of it.

Just the usual 125% FCC or refund.

I'm in same boat, had a great price on a GS in December so that's gone - oh well, wasn't unexpected : (

I haven't been notified about my TP in April '22 on Ovation but it's probably on it's way.

I'll just take the refunds on the deposits.  I booked the Oct '22 TP on Quantum yesterday and paid the new deposit for that - I'm going to avoid the whole FCC stuff around, not much point getting 125% when I've only paid the deposit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BecAus said:

I've received emails re: 2 of my 3 cruises - TP this Sept on Ovation and my Quantum for December.

I'm in same boat, had a great price on a GS in December so that's gone - oh well, wasn't unexpected : (

I haven't been notified about my TP in April '22 on Ovation but it's probably on it's way.

I'll just take the refunds on the deposits.  I booked the Oct '22 TP on Quantum yesterday and paid the new deposit for that - I'm going to avoid the whole FCC stuff around, not much point getting 125% when I've only paid the deposit.

Yeah had multiple Cruises last 6+ months, no Lift/Shift offered and even had couple with Refund only, no FCC offered...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BecAus said:

Take the money and run.

I don’t know if you have looked at next season,the prices are through the roof.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Take the money and run.

I don’t know if you have looked at next season,the prices are through the roof.

I don't want to tell you what I paid for the TP I booked for Oct '22.

I really have no idea whether it is a good price or not - I booked a junior suite and I really have no idea on pricing as to whether the price is obscene or not 😬

I did pay more and make it refundable which I don't usually do as I usually tend to find it is thousands more to do so.  This was a few hundred but I really don't know whether we can even go at that time next year so went refundable for piece of mind.

I didn't tell my husband I was booking it and next years TP is out of school hols and not sure if that will work for us or not.  Will only have one kid left at school and he may board with his older brother next year for school so if that is the case it might actually work out ok timing wise but too many unknowns at the moment to be sure.

I did look around a bit at next season and yes prices aren't great and I don't know why but a lot of the options weren't doing it for me.  Don't really want to do Sth Pac again and I think the dates of NZ weren't really working for me - we're a little limited when we can go as that is peak season for us work wise + my son and I are supposed to be doing a trip to the US late Nov / most of December.

Other cruise I have booked is a 7n Harmony out of PC in mid December.  This is also refundable.

Supposed to be a 4 - 5 week trip to the East and West coasts of US at the end of '22.

Who knows if that is even going to be an option by then + I think the kid wants to ditch me.

He's fifteen and we've travelled extensively since he was a baby, I have a friend with a daughter a similar age.  However, during this long pandemic he's grown up and matured a lot and sadly, I don't think he's at all keen to travel overseas with 3 girls anymore.  We've travelled extensively over that time to the US/HK/SIngapore and others - it's a little sad but I think those days are behind us now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BecAus said:

I don't want to tell you what I paid for the TP I booked for Oct '22.

I really have no idea whether it is a good price or not - I booked a junior suite and I really have no idea on pricing as to whether the price is obscene or not 😬

I did pay more and make it refundable which I don't usually do as I usually tend to find it is thousands more to do so.  This was a few hundred but I really don't know whether we can even go at that time next year so went refundable for piece of mind.

I didn't tell my husband I was booking it and next years TP is out of school hols and not sure if that will work for us or not.  Will only have one kid left at school and he may board with his older brother next year for school so if that is the case it might actually work out ok timing wise but too many unknowns at the moment to be sure.

I did look around a bit at next season and yes prices aren't great and I don't know why but a lot of the options weren't doing it for me.  Don't really want to do Sth Pac again and I think the dates of NZ weren't really working for me - we're a little limited when we can go as that is peak season for us work wise + my son and I are supposed to be doing a trip to the US late Nov / most of December.

Other cruise I have booked is a 7n Harmony out of PC in mid December.  This is also refundable.

Supposed to be a 4 - 5 week trip to the East and West coasts of US at the end of '22.

Who knows if that is even going to be an option by then + I think the kid wants to ditch me.

He's fifteen and we've travelled extensively since he was a baby, I have a friend with a daughter a similar age.  However, during this long pandemic he's grown up and matured a lot and sadly, I don't think he's at all keen to travel overseas with 3 girls anymore.  We've travelled extensively over that time to the US/HK/SIngapore and others - it's a little sad but I think those days are behind us now.

I’m just going to get a refund,I’m sick of being disappointed.

If something pops up short notice,we will grab it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m just going to get a refund,I’m sick of being disappointed.

If something pops up short notice,we will grab it.

I know how you feel - I was really hoping the Queensland December one would work but I guess it was always a long shot.

I decided to go ahead and book the Quantum TP next October as it gives me something to look forward to and as it's refundable nothing to lose really.  

It was quite heavily booked as a lot of people have already moved over to next year. 

I would have preferred the Ovation / NZ itinerary but the price of the Jnr suite on that one was obscene - I think a lot of people preferred the NZ stops to the South Pacific. I know I would have!

I was wanting at least a Jnr suite on that longer cruise for myself and husband. We've only done the Jnr once before, Alaska in 2019, but the extra space - particularly on the longer TP - will be welcome.

GS would have been even better but no way I was paying what they were asking for that.

I hope you guys are doing ok over there in Sydney and life gets back to some sort of normality for you soon!

7 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

No lift and shift options for Voyager:

There was only a L&S option for a couple of OV sailings.

(Eligible for Ovation Sept 20 - Oct 16 ONLY!)
On or before July 13, 2021, move to next year's sailing on the same ship, itinerary, embark port,  sailing length (+/- 2 nights) and within the same stateroom category, and your client's cruise fare/promotion is protected!