Is Carnival allowing unvax passengers July 31?

aquasea

You need to submit for exemption. Carnival has been fairly clear that exemptions are almost all for children. There was an exemption for a 16 yo I read for a medical reason. I have not heard of one for an adult yet but that doesn't mean there haven't been any. At this point, you are only in the window for J&J if you are thinking of getting a vaccine. I would not be expecting to cruise on July 31 if unvaccinated. No real percentages, but I would guess less than 1% chance. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Certainly appears there is a change of policy coming in Florida. Otherwise, why isn't insurance required in Texas as well. They have the same exemptions as Florida. 

Exactly no one else is reading it thoroughly. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with exemptions if they’re just talking about Florida.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You need to submit for exemption. Carnival has been fairly clear that exemptions are almost all for children. There was an exemption for a 16 yo I read for a medical reason. I have not heard of one for an adult yet but that doesn't mean there haven't been any. At this point, you are only in the window for J&J if you are thinking of getting a vaccine. I would not be expecting to cruise on July 31 if unvaccinated. No real percentages, but I would guess less than 1% chance. 

I know of adults who have been approved and I think you’re missing the point. It says for Florida cruises. Both Texas and Florida have exemptions so why would this just be talking about Florida unless changes are coming starting July 31.

10 hours ago, aquasea said:

214654878_10215249680115028_6505380304151581835_n.jpg

Hopefully no more than the 5%.  With the number of vaccinated people out there that want to cruise hopefully they will wait as long as possible before opening up the industry to the risk of the unvaccinated cruiser.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, skridge said:

Hopefully no more than the 5%.  With the number of vaccinated people out there that want to cruise hopefully they will wait as long as possible before opening up the industry to the risk of the unvaccinated cruiser.

Yep - easing restrictions on those who are not vaccinated is playing with fire, like it or not.

So much for the "indivisible" part of the pledge!

Tom

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Carnival approved a number of adults yesterday for Saturdays Horizon cruise and it seems like they gave exceptions to everyone that held out till the end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Carnival approved a number of adults yesterday for Saturdays Horizon cruise and it seems like they gave exceptions to everyone that held out till the end.

Wonderful to hear that.  Hoping we can all cruise together in November.  We made backup plans in case we have to postpone due to the unvaccinated in our family but we really want to cruise.  lol

• Like 2

I respect everyones opinion. My opinion is been there done that.  We have been blessed with our bucket list.  I will not jeopardize my family and sail on a ship with unvax allowed in the manner some of these lines are allowing.  They are thirsty for money.  They will not have my money.  The risk is not worth it.  Now we have the Delta variant etc etc.  We shall wait but for my fellow cc’s i wish you smooth and safe sailing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see we're back on topic! How quickly we fall back into our corners.

Here's something we can all agree on::  let's break this ship in!!  I took these images last night - first time seeing the ship. Plenty of crew are enjoying the balconies for now - before they get sent "back down"!

i-HfRKWQw-X3.jpg

i-vvPC8WT-X2.jpg

i-992Bx9Q-X3.jpg

Tom

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Glad to see we're back on topic! How quickly we fall back into our corners.

Here's something we can all agree on::  let's break this ship in!!  I took these images last night - first time seeing the ship. Plenty of crew are enjoying the balconies for now - before they get sent "back down"!

i-HfRKWQw-X3.jpg

i-vvPC8WT-X2.jpg

i-992Bx9Q-X3.jpg

Tom

I am so excited and can't believe I will be on this ship next month!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Certainly appears there is a change of policy coming in Florida. Otherwise, why isn't insurance required in Texas as well. They have the same exemptions as Florida. 

Piling on incentives to volunteer your vaccinated status bc of Florida's law, or incentives to cancel the cruise if not vaccinated, with these mandatory insurance and testing fees for unvaccinated/non-volunteering adults.

• Like 2

in a discussion at my house last night the question came up, how many on the ship claiming to be vaccinated really are not? it is easy to go on line and fine a printable vaccine card and fill it out. there is nowhere the cruise line can check a database for vaccinations. the whole thing was not thought out in the beginning when all vaccinations should have been recorded into a national database just for reasons like this. there is nothing to say there are not hundreds on the ships unvaccinated if all you have to do is show a card you can make at home. the whole thing does not make me feel good about what may be going on.

6 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

in a discussion at my house last night the question came up, how many on the ship claiming to be vaccinated really are not? it is easy to go on line and fine a printable vaccine card and fill it out. there is nowhere the cruise line can check a database for vaccinations. the whole thing was not thought out in the beginning when all vaccinations should have been recorded into a national database just for reasons like this. there is nothing to say there are not hundreds on the ships unvaccinated if all you have to do is show a card you can make at home. the whole thing does not make me feel good about what may be going on.

Each state has a database and so does the CDC.  I am sure they don't check everybody's vaccine record but they probably do randomly.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

There has been a lot of hysteria about a database, but it actually would be helpful for international travel in the same way a passport is used to prove identity and citizenship.

I think vaccines can be traced to a certain extent by dates and lot numbers. It is a lot more trouble and less precise, but it might be possible since states maintain databases. I have seen language, maybe not at Carnival, that the cruise line may examine the documents for authenticity should the need arise. So, yes, some may slip through, but if there is a problem it could result in closer scrutiny.