What day was check-in available for you? 57 days out and still says check-in not available. Cruise is 9/4 SymphonyOTS

Just wondering when check in became available for those of you that have started cruising. This cruise is sailing as I am aware.

thought on my previous cruise's it was 90 days out. I know all things cruise are changed -so just wondering when the check in popped up for those of you who have sailed or are sailing sooner then me

Thanks! 

I got an email today regarding my August 22 Allure of the Seas sailing and it said that online check-in via the RCCL app will be availbale 30 days prior to sailing.  It also said that entertrainment can be booked using the app once on board hte ship.  Prior to Covid, that was avaible 90 days out, after final payment.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the posts I'm seeing - checkin doesn't open until Royal has released the protocols for your specific ship. After they've been released some could check in right away, others not so much. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

We are 43 days out on Symphony... 
I'm waiting for their test sail Aug 3rd (I think) 

Although, I am in the cruise planner a lot so if I see the Check-in Available, I will be a happy cruiser

• Like 1

We checked in on the app, for our September 6th cruise on Serenade of the Seas about 2 weeks ago. We received no email prior to our check in, but did get one after confirming what we had done and that there’d be health questions to answer via the app the day before boarding. 

• Like 1

Check-in was just about 30 days for each of our B2B sailings.  We had plenty of pre-cruise guidance and a checklist as a reminder of things to do.

I think with the ever-changing guidance, rules, protocols, that time-frame may be the standard until ... we return to some sense of "new normal" for cruising.

• Like 1

We are also on an 8/15 cruise so 35 days out and no documents. I am sure they are waiting as close as possible so that the fewest number of possible changes can occur between the time we file the docs and check in and the actual cruise. I feel for the cruise companies for this moving target has to be a challenge that not any other industry has faced before. We really don't think we will see anything until about two weeks out. 

On 7/10/2021 at 2:51 AM, udamom said:

Thanks for the info all. Doesn't sound very consistent Looks like the answer is just keep waiting! LOL

When the wait for our next cruise drops below ~100 days I start a daily ritual of checking the app each morning to see the # drop by 1. I don't do this specifically to check-in as soon as possible but rather to start each day off with a little boost thinking about my upcoming cruise. In this case it'll have the practical side-benefit of catching check-in quickly.

I have been reading posts across several boards regarding check in.  Although some of the check in documents are ready early, some cruisers are reporting that even less than two weeks out all of the documents are not yet available.  Procedures are going to smooth out as more and more sailings are underway.