Cucina Del Capitano on Horizon

hawaiikat

Aloha,

I am sailing on the Horizon on August 7, 2021.  I do not see the Cucina Del Capitano available under Specialty Dining.  Is this restaurant  still open on the Horizon?  Can I make reservations for dinner?  Is it still free at lunch?

Thanks in Advance!

Mahalo,

Kathy 

14 minutes ago, hawaiikat said:

Aloha,

I am sailing on the Horizon on August 7, 2021.  I do not see the Cucina Del Capitano available under Specialty Dining.  Is this restaurant  still open on the Horizon?  Can I make reservations for dinner?  Is it still free at lunch?

Thanks in Advance!

Mahalo,

Kathy 

If you don't get an answer quickly, try posting the question in BlerkOne's "Horizon 7/10" thread.  Blerk is responsive and helpful.

I saw someone say he ate in JiJis and Culcina and it was great, but steakhouse very busy and his steak not up to par.

He didnt say how he booked them. I'm waiting until we are onboard to use my obc, so cant help either. Some have had issues booking ahead of time, seems hit or miss. I'm sure once onboard they can be booked. 

9 minutes ago, Oldsweets said:

We booked this restaurant while onboard through carnival hub and it was our favorite.  They had a offer card for 3 specialty restaurants with some exceptions that gave you$8 off.  

Good to know. I'd use that as I plan on more than 3 nights.

4 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Hadn't thought of that.

Most likely reason

Thanks

We are on the Horizon in October and Cucina is not showing up either.  I am guessing not sold out, just something else.  

Steakhouse and JiJi's is available.

Hubby saw something posted where they were saying they may be using some of the "specialty" restaurants as normal food venues for people to eat at to allow for social distancing and more places for people to eat.  Maybe that is it?  

• Like 1

I'm on the 8/21 sailing on Panorama and Cucina popped up yesterday, but can't complete a booking for any day or time. It lets me select everything, but when I click to add it to my cart nothing happens. Works for JiJis and the Steakhouse, but not for Cucina (at least yet). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Is there any difference apart from ambiance between lunch and dinner?

The menus are totally different. For lunch both places are mainly a noodle/pasta place. For dinner, there's actual entrees.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:26 PM, EngIceDave said:

I am in September, and only get the asian and the steakhouse

Think you have to book on board for the time being? On the app?

Showed up on my rez today

20 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Is there any difference apart from ambiance between lunch and dinner?

Lunch is like Mongolian Wok service at JiJis and (Bella?) pasta at Cucina. Much better menu and variety at dinner