The Daily for Monday Jul 12, 2021

richwmn

Today is Different Colored Eyes Day, Pecan Pie Day, and Simplicity Day

"The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important. - Martin Luther King, Jr."

Meal suggestion for today - Italian Sausage Dog

Drink of the Day - Caribbean Cooler

Wine of the day - Cave Spring 2018 Riesling (Niagara Peninsula) Ontario

Destination of the Day - Ravenna (San Marino) Italy

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination Long Beach eta 7/15
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Seattle eta 7/14

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stiffup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Noordam Anchorage
Westerdam Anchorage

Los Angeles
Zuiderdam

Piraeus GR
Eurodam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0712World.thumb.png.8a7ac34ef40e7a1375e0d6004e06ed08.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Different Colored Eyes Day is kind of strange.  Pecan Pie is too rich for me.  I like Simplicity and the quote.  Never been to San Marino.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Fresh Fruit Medley, Parmesan Crusted Veal Loin, and NSA Vanilla Ice Cream as served on MS Rotterdam 10 years ago today, my first modern HAL dinner.  Nieuw Amsterdam will pass Eureka in a few hours.  Off soon to rehab.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
Momaofami adapting to Sam at home
Marmot@sea’s cousin 4km from wildfire
Pope Francis in hospital
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
Scout Luke G in hospital(improving somewhat)
Marmot@sea’s cousin close to wildfire
bennybear DD(shingles) and DSIL(Infection)
wandb’s sister heading to surgery 7/13

From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
JazzyV awaiting eye surgery July 19

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

welcome aboard Galley Slave
Front Line Health Care Workers
Explorer OTS housing Surfside first responders
highland cruiser at Diamond Lake
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
CatShepard in Iceland
Sharon;s mom back home
A wediding for Ger_77
Sam’s caregiver settling in
Retirement for Live4Cruises
HorizonChaser1957's DD released from quarantine
First indor performance for Baltimore Symphony
NextOne’s family gathering for DH Memorial Service
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the daily report and good morning everyone.  I’ve only seen different colored eyes on a Husky, a little unnerving.  Pecan pie is delicious and Simplicity Day honors Henry David Thoreau encouraging us to step back and think of ways to simplify our lives.  King’s quote is so true.  I’ll pass on today’s meal, I’d want to grill them and it’s raining, again.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos,  prayers for everyone on our list today and 🥂 to all celebrating a happy event!  

• Like 17

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Interesting collection of days.  I don't know anyone with different coloured eyes.  Love pecan pie.  I try to lead a simple life, but sometimes it's complicated.

The meal suggestion sounds good.

We visited the Cave Springs winery a couple of years ago - great tasting room.  I think I need to go back.🙂

Hope the drink of the day is good too.

Another port I have not been to, we've been to a few places in Italy but not Ravenna.  Thanks in advance for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 18

Good Monday morning.  I had a friend in High School who had 2 different colored eyes.  Love Pecan pie and try to live Simplicity and smell the roses.  The meal looks so yummy.  Thank you Debbie.  Thank you Rich and Roy for your dedication to our lists.  Looking forward to the photo's of Italy.

Virtual hugs, prayers, and toasts to both of our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your masks.

There are many different recipe's for the Caribbean Cooler.  Here are 2.

Ingredients
1 1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
1 1/2 oz. Bacardi Silver
1 1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps
2 splash(es) Orange Juice
1 splash(es) Pineapple Juice
1 splash(es) Grenadine
1 splash(es) 151 Proof Rum optional
Instructions
Shake all ingredients. Strain and pour over ice into a cocktail glass. Optional - float 151 Proof Rum on top.

Ingredients
3 oz. Pinot Grigio
1 1/2 oz. Largo Bay Silver Rum
3/4 oz. Drillaud Pineapple Liqueur
1 1/2 oz. club soda
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all ingredients to white wine glass and stir gently to combine.
Add ice and garnish with pineapple wedges.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 7.27.52 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily.  I've seen different colored eyes in the Australian Shepard breed. It seems that it is fairly common in that breed. The MLK quote is so true.

I actually made classic Italian Sausage and Peppers last night. It reminded me of my youth visiting the. Jersey shore and getting those great sandwhiches on the boardwalk.

Stay safe everyone.

Jim

• Like 16

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

I didn’t know multicoloured eyes had their own day!  Pecan pie is delish but very rich.  Love Simplicity Day and seeing Henry David Thoreau celebrated.

I always enjoy his work:

6562492C-0588-4F00-AE4F-BCBEC80AC71F.jpeg.df19dcf8f5c3989bd7978b78f7bdb748.jpeg

Great quote by Martin Luther King Jr & yum on the Italian sausage.  Nice to see a wine from Niagara in Ontario as the wine of the day 👍 

Have to admire the strength of these standing up against Elsa.  

C130E00B-2AA4-4448-AD63-CBAD93949518.thumb.jpeg.33bcb767cf16acc114ca5b62f93af651.jpeg

I figured they would have been flattened.

F1DEE69B-91E3-45C7-AAA7-42FC16636458.thumb.jpeg.dd730a28ca4e44c4efa918f544b60e9f.jpeg

We have been to Ravenna and it is really worth a visit.  The mosaics there are phenomenal.  Beautiful town.  The ship “parks” quite a distance from the town.  A shuttle is provided BUT it’s a long wait for the shuttle.  There just aren’t enough to move people quickly.  There are only a couple of taxis so if you see one, grab it.  it’s well worth a few euros to avoid the long time standing in line waiting and getting to Ravenna sooner.  I’ll take a look to see if I can find some pics.  First, I need coffee 😉 

3B669880-0DF7-449A-A677-5C44EA9BE3AB.thumb.jpeg.c0707298793953ca2cceda69c9f059a4.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday everyone!!

2B36E8F3-0E0F-49C8-941C-5DC12644A0E1.png.2be06a9f58a8df8777e634e0896e5525.png

Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning all!

Thanks to everyone who has a part in putting this Daily together, your hard work is much appreciated.

Odd collection of days. Different colored eyes gets a day of it’s own? Pecan pie is okay once in awhile, it’s not a pie I ever bake myself.  I seem to make things complicated some days 😉.

I’m working on King’s quote.

I love Rieslings and I think I’ve had a Caribbean cooler, forgot what’s in it. Not a fan of Italian sausage except on a pizza.

Banner day for me, 5 girlfriends coming over for lunch! We have not been together in a year and a half. All vaccinated except one (she will be wearing a mask). Normally I’d prepare lunch, but that is not working for me anymore so we will be ordering in from a favorite restaurant.

Sending prayers to all who need healing and strength 🙏. And raising a glass of 🍷for the celebrations.

Have a great day everyone.

St Louis Sal

• Like 22

Good afternoon and thanks for posting today's daily and care reports.

I have never seen anyone with different coloured eyes.

Pecan pie sounds nice.

In sales I was taught Keep it simple stupid (KISS) and always look for the simple solution first in everything I do.

Today's quote is good but nice if you can get a mix of quality and long life.

It has been raining all morning and is still cloudy although for now the rain has stopped.

Now cruise ships are being banned from Venice RCG are rescheduling to Ravenna which is disappointing.

Not keen on today's food or drink.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Good luck with your rehab today Roy.

Graham.

• Like 19

Good morning  everyone. We  will  be  having  more  rain  here,a  lot  more  rain,  with  flash  flooding  warnings  arriving  on  my  phone  this  morning. People  had  to  be  rescued  last  Thursday from  low  lying  areas  of  Yonkers.

Fred  the  faithful  dog  has  one  blue  eye  and  one  brown  eye. He  and  his  Husky  friend  down  the  street  share  that eye  situation. My  eyes  change  from  green  to  a  light  blue depending  on  colors  I  am  wearing  but  that  is  not  the  same  thing.

I  have  never  been  a  pecan  pie   fan  but  would  love  the  recipe  of  the  day. We  have  not  been  to the  port  of  the  day.

Here  is  a  picture  of  our  Camilla  gazing  at  her  Dad.

Terry

Will  try  on  my  phone.  CC  is  being  mean  again.

• Like 19

One of the boys in my grade school class had eyes that were different colors. A more famous person with this condition is Washington Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer. His left is brown, while his right is blue. The condition is known as Heterochromia Iridis, 1 in about every 500 people have two different colored eyes.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all!  The sun is shining right now, but it's summer so you never know what a day will have in store for you.  Pop up storms are exactly what they sound like.  Pop ups!

I don't know anyone with different colored eyes, agree simplicity is best, and love pecan pie.  True, it is rich but just cut a skinny slice and enjoy.  Agree with the MLK quote.  I like Italian sausage but today's dish looks like it would be difficult to eat so I'll pass.  Thanks to Rich for the Daily today, Roy for the list keeping, and Debby for the recipes and photos each day.  Good luck today to Roy at his therapy.  I hope you find it helps a lot.  I also hope Cat is enjoying Iceland right now.  It will be fun to see what she has to say when she's back home.

I love visiting Italy but have not had a stop at Ravenna yet.  I'll be watching out for an itinerary including it when things get back to normal in the cruise world.  Hopefully someone here has some photos to share.  Edited to add thanks to @CJcruzerfor sharing their photos as I typed.

Have a great day!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 21

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Never saw anyone with 2 different color eyes. Interesting.  I like pecan pie bit it is way too rich. Maybe just a little slice!

We try to keep our lives simple especially since retirement. Doesnt always work.

Have not been to todays port. a big thank you in advance for all who post pictures!

Walked the beach last night. It was beautiful. I was looking out at the ships, there were 3. I wasnt paying attention and stepped in a hole someone had dug. The tide was coming in so I didnt see it. Well I fell and was soaked! Not hurt except my pride.  Better pay close attention!

Off to water aerobics.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 18