LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

2 minutes ago, Akina13 said:
12 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks for that. I co

uld've swore I read 5 days or less before arriving in the Bahamas. You just confirmed I was right! (I'm not going bat s__ t crazy). Even with this small "speed bump", it was no biggie. They just send you to another room and give you a rapid antigen test. They e-mail the result. I had my result on my phone in about 15 min.

For me, I arrived 4 days before the cruise day, so I arrived on 7/13. My pcr test date was 7/9, which is within the 5 day window. However, as I quickly found out (the speed bump), it has to be 5 days or less from sail date (7/17), so it would have to be a pcr test date of 7/12 or closer to 7/17 (sail date). Since my pcr date was 7/9, it was out of date and not close enough to sail date. But, as I said, it was a small "speed bump". All good now, I'm onboard at the Duck & Dog pub with a cold Blue Moon in front of me; 

20210717_125226.jpgHope to see you soon! Did they say when rooms would be ready? Update for me…front door lady said I could check in at 1:15. Went to the check in lady. She said 1:45 was the earliest. 1/2 hour more. Back to the Hilton bar lol

2 pm on the rooms. Let's get connected on the chat on the Royal app. It may be the quickest & easiest way to communicate. I mention this to @HBCcruiseras well. I'm on the ship's wi-fi now.

• Like 1

Just now, MorganClark said:

2 pm on the rooms. Let's get connected on the chat on the Royal app. It may be the quickest & easiest way to communicate. I mention this to @HBCcruiseras well. I'm on the ship's wi-fi now.

Can we do that if we didn’t get the internet package? We didn’t get it since we want to disconnect from work/the world 🙂  

4 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

Can we do that if we didn’t get the internet package? We didn’t get it since we want to disconnect from work/the world 🙂  

It’s separate from WiFi package.  I read an RCI promo on it, saying it’s $1.99 pp, per day

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

They just made an announcement that the staterooms are ready now. It's 1: 35 pm. So, 1/2 hr early. But I'm not going anywhere just yet. My waiter just brought me a fresh Blue Moon. Cheers to Adventure of the Seas!

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

I believe you can get access to the Royal app for free and without having Voom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

It’s separate from WiFi package.  I read an RCI promo on it, saying it’s $1.99 pp, per day

O.k., thanks. I thought I saw somewhere that it was free but I could be mistaken. But, $1.99 is almost free, right?

The most recent health protocol I received for Aug 14 sailing...here is what it says as of the email I received yesterday

All Guests  
As a requirement to board, all guests age 2 and older will need to present a negative result from a PCR test for COVID-19 taken no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas. Please note, this is a requirement of Royal Caribbean for our guests and is above and beyond what is required by The Bahamas. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

The most recent health protocol I received for Aug 14 sailing...here is what it says as of the email I received yesterday

All Guests  
As a requirement to board, all guests age 2 and older will need to present a negative result from a PCR test for COVID-19 taken no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas. Please note, this is a requirement of Royal Caribbean for our guests and is above and beyond what is required by The Bahamas. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

Royal needs to get their ducks in a row because it is actually 5 days or less before sailing (NOT the date arriving in the Bahamas). I know, I lived it (had to take a rapid antigen test). Paul Revere the heck out of this piece of info!

Edited by MorganClark

Hey @HBCcruiser& @Akina13, I went on the Royal app and apparently it's $1.99 per day to use chat (access to the app itself might still be free). Before I "pull the trigger" and buy the chat, I wanted to be sure you guys were going to buy it also. I don't want to spend the enormous amount of $14 (you have to buy it for the entire cruise) and end up just chatting with myself (I talk to myself enough already, lol 😉). What say ye?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Hey @HBCcruiser& @Akina13, I went on the Royal app and apparently it's $1.99 per day to use chat (access to the app itself might still be free). Before I "pull the trigger" and buy the chat, I wanted to be sure you guys were going to buy it also. I don't want to spend the enormous amount of $14 (you have to buy it for the entire cruise) and end up just chatting with myself (I talk to myself enough already, lol 😉). What say ye?

I will get it. Haven’t connected to ship wifi yet. Will do so later today. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kapsgirl said:

Did they happen to mention what the capacity is for your sailing during checkin ? We are on next weeks sailing and curious what the limited capacity is at.  Hope you have a fabulous vacation.

I heard 1,100. I tell you what, it's already nice. The Royal Promenade had some people but definitely not crowded, at all. LOTS of space.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Our suite. 

EE38FC16-178F-45D9-9BD3-AAA2AF21B011.jpeg

62C48DDE-6F16-4D8B-A12A-ADB2DCFF2731.jpeg

9DD2B40A-53E5-4F33-94C4-870F3CEA0884.jpeg

37FD8528-2DA1-4833-AA92-91751CF67653.jpeg

081CB6F2-8EE2-40A8-A0C9-7F82AAEBDA46.jpeg

C818BA06-7FA3-45A2-BDD1-CB31954356E6.jpeg

Suite! <- (accomodation pun fully intended). Your suite is larger than some apartment's I've rented in the past. Nice! Did you have a "gift" waiting for you in your suite from you know who (RP)?

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1

Muster competed, as well. I really miss the days in PortMiami when it was close to 100 degrees with 100% humidity and you'd get to put your big ol' bulky (& hot) life vest on and go stand next to your lifeboat in the heat & humidity with 60 or so of your new closest (elbow to elbow) best friends for what seemed like well over an hour. What happened to those fun-filled days? 😋

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4