LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

1 hour ago, Laurie12820 said:

Not going to lie, DH and I sat at the bar while we “waited” for our drinks to me made and cashed out by the bar tender.  If we were feeling up to it, we stood at the bar.

I also agree that it is a very silly rule!  The *only* explanation I could come up with is that maybe they don’t want us too close to other people’s drinks being made? 🤷🏼‍♀️

It also might be that since RCI had a few covid cases on their other ships that they are proceeding with an abundance of caution.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I thought you've escalated your beer drinking game high enough to not even consider the distant association with those lower tier brews?

Yeah butt, how could I say "no" to a "Buttweiser"?

And I tell you, there are a lot of "buttweisers" walking around here. Is there some kind of Bahamian law that all girls have to wear a thong bikini bottom in the Bahamas?

Edited by MorganClark

A request for someone onboard right now...

Could you get a rough measurement of the diameter of one full pizza at Cafe Promenade? Perhaps using a Cruise Compass or other 8.5x11-inch paper as a basis since I doubt anyone carries a ruler around. 🙂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Could you get a rough measurement of the diameter of one full pizza at Cafe Promenade? Perhaps using a Cruise Compass or other 8.5x11-inch paper as a basis since I doubt anyone carries a ruler around. 🙂

I don't do measures. JK, I'm sure one of us can get that for you.

• Like 1

Did all of you guys pre-book the CocoCay 'excursions'/cabanas in advance or arrange it on the ship? Pricing in the cruise planner is crazy expensive, I'm curious if it makes sense to wait.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exm said:

Did all of you guys pre-book the CocoCay 'excursions'/cabanas in advance or arrange it on the ship? Pricing in the cruise planner is crazy expensive, I'm curious if it makes sense to wait.

Let's see, I pre-booked my day pass for both the Coco Cay Beach Club (day 1) and Thrill Waterpark (day 2). Also pre-booked the jet ski tour. I definitely would pre-book to save $$. More expensive if you wait and book them on the ship and probably even more expensive the closer you get to your sail date. Good luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah butt, how could I say "no" to a "Buttweiser"?

And I tell you, there are a lot of "buttweisers" walking around here. Is there some kind of Bahamian law that all girls have to wear a thong bikini bottom in the Bahamas?

Where are the pics?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm surprised that you would call it pizza.  I like it, especially late at night after a few drinks, but I thought your standards might be a bit higher than mine.

At 1AM after a few beers and cosmos my standards are quite low.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, exm said:

On the cruise planner. The prices went up after I booked.  There were very few being used though.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Cruise Documentation Needed: 
1.    Original COVID Vaccination Card – Check 
2.    Bahamas Health Visa – Check we got it 2 weeks prior
3.    COVID tests – We get that today, Monday (crossing fingers) Ok if we fail the test then other Roll Call  members must continue this thread. 😜
4.    Passports – check
5.    Global Entry – oops, only me. Oh well, scratch that one. 

As much as I want to cruise I applaud you for doing all this just to get on your ship.  No way I am doing that.

2 minutes ago, glentally said:

As much as I want to cruise I applaud you for doing all this just to get on your ship.  No way I am doing that.

It was not that bad. Totally worth it IMO. We will probably NEVER see so few people on a cruise ever again. Once in a lifetime. It’s so good to be back on a ship. The staff have all been excellent too. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

lol.  We saw someone last week with it on one of the regular plates from the promenade cafe.  It spilled over the sides a little bit.  Not sure if this helps!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Laurie12820 said:

lol.  We saw someone last week with it on one of the regular plates from the promenade cafe.  It spilled over the sides a little bit.  Not sure if this helps!

Yeah I know it does that; though don't know the exact size of the plates so that wouldn't really help so much for what I really need. I was thinking about bringing some pizza boxes with me in September so when I gift a pizza every night to a bartender it's more safely transported (one night on my June sailings three slices escaped on me as I was carrying them). And then I saw there's a place I can customize pizza boxes with full color graphics on all sides, so thought I might do that, just because I can. But figure it'd be better to make sure I do this with a proper sized box and don't arrive with some that're too small. 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

It was not that bad. Totally worth it IMO. We will probably NEVER see so few people on a cruise ever again. Once in a lifetime. It’s so good to be back on a ship. The staff have all been excellent too. 

I totally agree! You'll probably never see cruise ships sailing with only 35-40% pax capacity again. You have to take advantage of this!

This is what is like now on Adventure OTS; it's the "Goldie Locks" effect - the # of passengers is not too high, not too low, it's just right.

• Like 2