Grand Cayman update

Jeremiah1212

27 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Per the original post #1 the Grand Reopening is scheduled for January 27, 2022. 

Should be interesting to see the itinerary update for our 12/4/21 Reflection sailing which is currently scheduled to visit the Grand Caymans. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Should be interesting to see the itinerary update for our 12/4/21 Reflection sailing which is currently scheduled to visit the Grand Caymans. 

Looked into my crystal ball and I see a sea day. 🛳️

Hi!  I was notified on June 8th, 2021 that my October 2021 Equinox sailing had Grand Cayman taken away and Nassau added.  Grand Cayman was going to be on Day 3 and Nassau is now Day 2.  They also changed embarkation on Day 1 from 4pm to 6pm.   

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

12 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!  I was notified on June 8th, 2021 that my October 2021 Equinox sailing had Grand Cayman taken away and Nassau added.  Grand Cayman was going to be on Day 3 and Nassau is now Day 2.  They also changed embarkation on Day 1 from 4pm to 6pm.   

🍹

It depends upon the itinerary. The one I am on will be heading toward Tampa from Curacau with Grand Cayman in between. So for this itinerary... it seems Cozumel or Jamaica might be options...but distances are such that it may endup  just being another day at sea... it will be interesting to see what they come up with... At least Key West is still on the itinerary.

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

My Connie cruise has removed Grand Cayman and replaced with a day at sea. I just checked this today on the Celebrity site.

What date are you sailing we are on  a Nov 2021 cruise and it's still shows on my cruise planner although I suspect it will be taken off and replace with a sea day

13 minutes ago, pamkev said:

What date are you sailing we are on  a Nov 2021 cruise and it's still shows on my cruise planner although I suspect it will be taken off and replace with a sea day

Mine too... Nov 22 sailing...

15 hours ago, sunonfire said:

My Connie cruise has removed Grand Cayman and replaced with a day at sea. I just checked this today on the Celebrity site.

I don't see Connie itinerary for Nov 5... I see one for Nov 6... that is a shorty (5 day) and it calls on Belize... are you sure that they didn't switch Belize for Grand Cayman. If I recall... and it has been a while.. I think they usually have a sea day between Cozumel and Tampa... so for Nov 6 I do not see an added sea day

Our January 3 cruise out of Tampa is currently unavailable on the app as they make a decision as what do do about our previously scheduled stop in Grand Cayman. Sea Day? or a replacement port?

It will be what it will be!

Safe Travels

My November sailing is just to Grand Cayman and back, so I can't see that turning into a sea day (although it wouldn't bother me one bit if it did).  Nassau doesn't make a lot of sense (sailing from FLL), unless they just want to bounce off and then tool around the Caribbean for a couple days before coming home.  If I had to put money on it today, I'd bet we're heading to Cozumel.

23 hours ago, carbon said:

Equinox Oct 29, 2021 now has Nassau day 2 instead of Grand Cayman day 3.

So is the 9/17 sailing.   Mr Pee was right this time.   And as I said they never ask me!  We were in Nassau last week on Edge and it was a ghost town.  No worries about loud music from Senior Frogs as it was closed.  It was a Sunday but that wouldn't make a difference in the tourist area.

7 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I'm also on the 4 day Nov 11 sailing just to Grand Cayman. I also don't really if they replace it with somewhere else or make it all days at sea.

See you on board! 

On 7/15/2021 at 9:24 PM, sunonfire said:

Nov 5 2021

What year...I don't see Connie stopping in Grand Cayman in the Nov 6 or 7 sailing... is it another itinerary? So far I don't see any changes to itineraries