No kids under the age of 11 on any princess cruises

alanasgpa

1 hour ago, goldiemom said:

I had a cruise booked for Thanksgiving with all son and his family.  Two mini suites, one with 2 toddlers (ages 4 & 2).  We booked it and the air last Dec.  All the adults have had our vaccinations.  Toddlers will be vaccinated when approved.  After I heard on CC about no one allowed on Princess under the age of 12, I called them and my TA.  All Princess would say is that, "All passengers MUST be vaccinated prior to boarding."  I repeatedly asked if they were saying that even those under 12 years that could not be vaccinated due to it not being government approved.  No direct answer.  Just kept repeating that all passengers must be vaccinated.  But, I should wait because the government may approve vaccinations for under 12 years.  I cancelled the cruise.

Last thing I want to do is tell a 4 year old a week before the cruise  "Sorry, you can't go on the cruise."  We already had to do that because our cruise was cancelled for this past June,  Also, the flights on American Airlines have to be taken by March 31.  My DIL is a teacher, so we are working with her schedule.  However, I was able to grab the last two suites (one with a whirlpool on the balcony) on the same Nov. 20, 2021 sailing on the MSC Seashore from Miami.  With the beverage package, wifi and gratuities, it came out about the same cost as  Princess.  MSC will required the toddlers to have a Covid test prior to boarding, but that is OK.

Do I blame Princess?  Yes.  Their communications was nonexistent.  Will I cruise with them again? Yes, I already have two more cruises booked with them.

I don't get it.  Princess has treated you and your family very unfairly  Yet you have booked 2 more cruises with them.  Why?  What would they have to do to you for you to say "no more".

DON

Edited by donaldsc

donaldsc:  I like the Princess product.  Also, the other cruises are going to ports that other cruise lines don't visit or the combination of ports were what we wanted and I'm traveling with groups of friends.  Most cruise lines have treated me unfairly at some point in time.  It is bound to happen as we have taken over 50 cruises with various cruise lines over the past 40 years. 

On 7/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, donaldsc said:

What proof does anyone have to provide that they are medically unable to be vaccinated?  We all know that if the required proof is not iron clad, people will find a way to cheat.  

DON

I am allergic to a different vaccine. I have emergency room records, a report from an allergist of a scratch test showing an allergic reaction requiring prednisone, and a blood titer showing high antibody levels after just the scratch test.

I'd guess that would be adequate proof.

(My COVID vaccination went fine with typical fatigue symptoms. All other vaccinations have been fine, but I'm never getting another DT or DPT immunization again.)

On 7/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, donaldsc said:

I don't get it.  Princess has treated you and your family very unfairly  Yet you have booked 2 more cruises with them.  Why?  What would they have to do to you for you to say "no more".

DON

They have been booked before all this started....... is that ok with you??   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, arabrab said:

I am allergic to a different vaccine. I have emergency room records, a report from an allergist of a scratch test showing an allergic reaction requiring prednisone, and a blood titer showing high antibody levels after just the scratch test.

(My COVID vaccination went fine with typical fatigue symptoms. All other vaccinations have been fine, but I'm never getting another DT or DPT immunization again.)

I'll bet you won't get on the ship.... they flat out told me no  vaccine no sail( at this time.... things change)

12 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

I'll bet you won't get on the ship.... they flat out told me no  vaccine no sail( at this time.... things change)

You didn't read the entire comment?

If arabrab is vaccinnated, as affirmed in the comment, is there other reason PCL would deny boarding?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arabrab said:

I would talk to someone at Princess. I'd hate to see you denied boarding over some technicality.

10 minutes ago, rbtan said:

I would talk to someone at Princess. I'd hate to see you denied boarding over some technicality.

Did you not read in the same post that you quote that arabrab IS vaccinated? 

No need to explain anything to Princess.

23 hours ago, arabrab said:

My COVID vaccination went fine with typical fatigue symptoms. All other vaccinations have been fine, but I'm never getting another DT or DPT immunization again

Princess isn't requiring those, just the Covid one

3 hours ago, pms4104 said:

3 hours ago, pms4104 said:

I think you're confusing me with Alanasgpa. I never quoted as saying arabrab was not vaccinated. I just felt they should make sure Princess has all the info. they need. These cruiselines are pretty bad at keeping the info. correct.

18 minutes ago, rbtan said:

I think you're confusing me with Alanasgpa. I never quoted as saying arabrab was not vaccinated. I just felt they should make sure Princess has all the info. they need. These cruiselines are pretty bad at keeping the info. correct.

Thanx for clarifying.

This is so confusing. I live in the UK and have a cruise booked out of Fort Lauderdale to the Panama canal 19th December. I will have my 15year old grandaughter with me. In the UK we are only vaccinating over 18's. I phoned Princess , they tell me she will need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of boarding. That is of course Mr Biden lets us enter the US by then.  

Yes, this  does seem confusing.

Can you confirm who you talked with, and if you have any 'official' written exemption?

I think that sometimes, what one hears from random Princess phone reps can vary, and might not be totally trusted.

And, this could be especially true given the current COVID restrictions by the US.

Edited by Wishing on a star

9 hours ago, dalmation lover said:

This is so confusing. I live in the UK and have a cruise booked out of Fort Lauderdale to the Panama canal 19th December. I will have my 15year old grandaughter with me. In the UK we are only vaccinating over 18's. I phoned Princess , they tell me she will need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of boarding. That is of course Mr Biden lets us enter the US by then.  

I hope your taking down names….. but then what good would that do😳😳

9 hours ago, dalmation lover said:

So, they are going to let your group on even though the 15 year old cannot be vaccinated?  Does that mean all children only need  negative PCR test to board? We are in a similar situation on a cruise out of South America Dec 19th.   

Edited by pauon

100% vaccinated is a business strategy.  Princess is hoping it pays off in (i) a lack of outbreaks; and (ii) at least robust, or perhaps increased, demand for their line in featuring this protection.

Other cruise lines are going a different way with their policies in pursuit of a profitable angle.

A great feature of a healthy marketplace is that each consumer can route his or her demand to the product that best meets his or her needs.

Edited by tarheelz1995

3 hours ago, pauon said:

So, they are going to let your group on even though the 15 year old cannot be vaccinated?  Does that mean all children only need  negative PCR test to board? We are in a similar situation on a cruise out of South America Dec 19th.   

No vaccine no Cruise!!!!!!!

• Like 1

No I didn't take a name from the princess rep (silly me) . I will phone again and speak to someone else. It was explained to me that the rules are different for UK cruisers as we are not vaccinating under 18's and have  no plan to. But unless Mr Biden lets us in this year the point is moot!!

I would get this exemption, approval, in writing...  Straight from top Princess powers that be.  Not a random phone rep.  Just sayin'.

And note,  the policies for the UK Seacations departing from the UK, might not mean much for any cruise that is departing from the US.  I would assume some confusion here in what you were told.

And, as I have said many times here...  this is an ever evolving situation, and I would not consider anything to be a sure-thing.  No guarantees.   More restrictions, such as the UK thing...    More and more vaccinated  testing positive. (and possibly carrying) COVID.  I think maybe because of the Delta variant?   I don't think anyone knows anything for sure.

Edited by Wishing on a star

8 hours ago, dalmation lover said:

No I didn't take a name from the princess rep (silly me) . I will phone again and speak to someone else. It was explained to me that the rules are different for UK cruisers as we are not vaccinating under 18's and have  no plan to. But unless Mr Biden lets us in this year the point is moot!!

The rep may have given you the rules for Princess cruises leaving out of the UK, you need to make sure that they are giving you the rules for US cruises.

As an additional complexity since the CSO currently is scheduled to end in November the cruise lines have not locked in rules for cruises after that date.

To be certain you may want to try and get her vaccinated as soon as you can before the cruise because the potential is high that unvaccinated will not be able to sail on Princess out of the US in December.

10 hours ago, dalmation lover said:

Anything that you get verbally is useless.  How are you going to prove what they said.  Get it in writing with a contact phone number that you can call at boarding time just in case.

DON