No kids under the age of 11 on any princess cruises

alanasgpa

Yes...  all of this is frustrating and can be emotional...

I just wanted to clarify, after seeing one other post,  that this was Princess' policy, and not the CDC.

The CDC has pages and pages of the CSO order.  Test Cruises...  Up to 5% exemption. (which could be children)

For those who want a 100% vaccinated sailing,  Princess is the way to go.

Plenty of other options,  for now, both for cruising and on land.

• Like 4

Before anyone gets on the "kids are not a covid problem" bandwagon, we know someone whose 4 month old granddaughter came down w covid. Not 4 years old but 4 months old.  Her vaccinated mother then caught it from the baby.  The child had essentially no symptoms but is now OK.  The mother was much sicker but she is also OK.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Here is the statement from Princess. Since the covid vaccine is only approved for those 12 and over, those 11 and under can not currently meet this requirement and thus are excluded from boarding. Anyone 12 and older must show proof of vaccination. Believe Princess has detailed this proof to be an original vaccination card. 

"Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines."

14 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Before anyone gets on the "kids are not a covid problem" bandwagon, we know someone whose 4 month old granddaughter came down w covid. Not 4 years old but 4 months old.  Her vaccinated mother then caught it from the baby.  The child had essentially no symptoms but is now OK.  The mother was much sicker but she is also OK.

DON

I guess I didn’t make my point clear with the original post so I’ll try it again 

i’m not upset with Princess because they won’t let my grandkids that are under 11 on the shop I am upset with Princess because when we booked 14 cabins From March earliest and the latest July 9 we were never told that they required vaccinations for that age group and yes we booked through Princess on the phone each and every timeDo they not communicate with their customer service or is it that they just want the bookings

• Like 1

Yes....   Up until more recently Princess has def. not been clear and did not take a position.

I had posted that they are worse than any POLITICIAN!!!!

You are right, and it is frustrating and emotional.

Yet, this whole situation with this darned Pandemic is frustrating and emotional!!!

• Like 1

I am really sorry you had a poor experience with a Princess vacation planner. They absolutely should not have booked you. The vaccine requirement was posted to the cruise health FAQs since June 24th. When booking online all sailings in 2021 from the west coast have a big flag about vaccine requirements. The passage contract is extremely clear as well. I guess the take away in these uncertain times is that the responsibility lies with us to read the fine print about requirements for travel. 

I actually booked 32 days over 4 cruises for these west coast sailings for the exact reason that they really are not allowing any unvaccinated children. 

I know I find traveling a lot more work now. But after 2 fabulous weeks in Hawaii I’ve decided it was worth it. So jumping through hoops and reading little font is my new hobby. 

The vaccine requirement was posted to the cruise health FAQs since June 24th. When booking online all sailings in 2021 from the west coast have a big flag about vaccine requirements. The passage contract is extremely clear as well. 

Best wishes. 

I do hope you are able to find a great vacation experience for your family. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

I guess I didn’t make my point clear with the original post so I’ll try it again 

i’m not upset with Princess because they won’t let my grandkids that are under 11 on the shop I am upset with Princess because when we booked 14 cabins From March earliest and the latest July 9 we were never told that they required vaccinations for that age group and yes we booked through Princess on the phone each and every timeDo they not communicate with their customer service or is it that they just want the bookings

Understood and you are completely right to be extremely annoyed.  I have a question for you however.   Considering how you were treated, do you ever plan to cruise on Princess again.  If not, are you planning to tell them why.

DON

This poster said that some of these bookings go back to March...  And, the most recent, just days ago.

They have every right to wonder WTH, and to question what is happening.

This has absolutely nothing to do with any one PVC.

This has been the way Princess has operated, for months now.

No clear statement or policy.

Bookings suddenly cancelled....

I have been one to point this out here on this forum.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Yet this is still on their website: 

For guests on voyages sailing from Southampton between September 30 and November 3, 2021 on Regal Princess and between October 5 and November 5, 2021 on Sky Princess, all guests 18 years old and over will be required to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing. All guests 17 years old and below will need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum 14 days prior to sailing or will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel.

CruiseHealth™ - Frequently Asked Questions - Princess Cruises

So are we talking only about cruises sailing from the US?

• Thanks 1

I am not sure about cruises from Great Britain.

But, from what I have been able to tell,  Princess is not allowing ANY unvaccinated passengers.

This is especially true here in the U.S.

I have posted this before, I wanted people to be aware....  And I know that many people here did not want to believe that at face value.   

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am not sure about cruises from Great Britain.

But, from what I have been able to tell,  Princess is not allowing ANY unvaccinated passengers.

This is especially true here in the U.S.

I guess this is the issue - it's not clear if this applies to ALL sailings, or ONLY sailings leaving from a US port. According to the Princess site, those sailings in Europe, and even the TA from Southampton, will allow children as long as they test negative. How difficult can it be just to put out a clear, concise rule that everyone is able to understand?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I guess this is the issue - it's not clear if this applies to ALL sailings, or ONLY sailings leaving from a US port. According to the Princess site, those sailings in Europe, and even the TA from Southampton, will allow children as long as they test negative. How difficult can it be just to put out a clear, concise rule that everyone is able to understand?

Each country has its own rules, so one really needs to check for their particular cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nocl said:

Each country has its own rules, so one really needs to check for their particular cruise.

I agree - but this post is titled "No kids under 11 on any Princess cruise" so this implies it has nothing to do with the rules of the country and only to do with the rules of Princess. That's the piece that is confusing. I believe the "no kids" rule (from what I can tell from the Princess website) only applies to US sailings...but the OP says the email states ALL cruises. It just gets more and more unclear rather than clear! I'm watching the TA in November as, if the UK relaxes quarantine rules for entry, I am planning on taking it - as of now, it appears my 10 year old is permitted to sail.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Understood and you are completely right to be extremely annoyed.  I have a question for you however.   Considering how you were treated, do you ever plan to cruise on Princess again.  If not, are you planning to tell them why.

DON

I have 48 cruises with them and I have  2  booked without the grandkids 1 booked with but I might have to cancel but I was looking forward to the 15 day Hawaii in November 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I agree - but this post is titled "No kids under 11 on any Princess cruise" so this implies it has nothing to do with the rules of the country and only to do with the rules of Princess. That's the piece that is confusing. I believe the "no kids" rule (from what I can tell from the Princess website) only applies to US sailings...but the OP says the email states ALL cruises. It just gets more and more unclear rather than clear! I'm watching the TA in November as, if the UK relaxes quarantine rules for entry, I am planning on taking it - as of now, it appears my 10 year old is permitted to sail.

If your doing a TA in November going out of Fort Lauderdale 10 according to the rules you are NOT taking your 10 year old

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

This poster said that some of these bookings go back to March...  And, the most recent, just days ago.

They have every right to wonder WTH, and to question what is happening.

This has absolutely nothing to do with any one PVC.

This has been the way Princess has operated, for months now.

No clear statement or policy.

Bookings suddenly cancelled....

I have been one to point this out here on this forum.

Thank you

5 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

Is this not in your Travel Summary?  

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT

Please be advised that guests of all ages on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof at the terminal prior to boarding the cruise. Acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable), or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record. Proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name; a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID; type of vaccine (manufacturer); date of all doses administered; lot number, if available; and healthcare professional or clinic site name. It must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund. Visit our CruiseHealth FAQ for more information: https://*****/pcl_chfaq.

1 hour ago, alanasgpa said:

If your doing a TA in November going out of Fort Lauderdale 10 according to the rules you are NOT taking your 10 year old

It's going out of Southampton, not FLL. According to Princess site, kids don't need to be vaccinated, just test negative 72 hours prior and on embarkation.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

6 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The vaccine requirement was posted to the cruise health FAQs since June 24th.

Princess originally said for USA cruises that following CDC guidelines up to 5% of passengers might be unvaccinated, mainly to allow those not eligible for the vaccine to be able to cruise.

But then for probably two main reasons they changed to requiring all passengers to be vaccinated on all 2021 USA sailings unless they could properly claim a medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.

1) How to differentiate on board which unvaccinated passengers could not do and where they could not be compared to what vaccinated passengers could do and where they could be.

2) Problems if vaccinated people cancelled the cruise and the unvaccinated number of passengers would exceed the 5% limit.

As HaveDogWillTravel said, Princess made this decision by June 24th. Most Cruise Critic people probably learned abut it when a person on an Alaska cruise this summer posted about receiving a notice that their booking was cancelled due to having a child under 12 booked.

What Princess has done an unexcusably poor job of doing was notifying all affected cruisers of this in a timely manner.

And if that booking made July 9th included a child under age 12, the booking should never have been accepted, especially since the booking was made on the phone with a Princess rep who should have been appropriately informed.

If the July 9th booking did not have such a child but was just part of a group that included such a child, it would not be something the booking process would have detected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

And if that booking made July 9th included a child under age 12, the booking should never have been accepted, especially since the booking was made on the phone with a Princess rep who should have been appropriately informed.

If the July 9th booking did not have such a child but was just part of a group that included such a child, it would not be something the booking process would have detected.

Polar has not allowed bookings of children under 12 for some time now (definitely before July 9th) on any sailings from US ports through 2021. Each sailing is marked AG (I assume meaning Approved Guest) and under the age category it states "unavailable" for every age group up to 12 years old. Additionally, if you try to book and put in the passenger details, it will flag an error if the date of birth is for a child. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Every sailing also has a banner (unique to that sailing, I assume) that says "Please note the vaccination and testing policy for this cruise". On the TA, it says:

image.thumb.png.7ceb83754417111dbbe6ff65bd2e5ea0.png

None of my cruises currently have that banner on the mobile site. Princess needs a new IT Department 

• Like 1