No kids under the age of 11 on any princess cruises

alanasgpa

24 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

Received a email from Princess this morning stating that no kids  11 and under will be allowed on any sailings

Did the email indicate a timeframe, or a condition?  Such as kids not allowed until some date in 2022.  Or kids not allowed until they can be vaccinated?

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Did the email indicate a timeframe, or a condition?  Such as kids not allowed until some date in 2022.  Or kids not allowed until they can be vaccinated?

Until there Vaccinated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Until there Vaccinated

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

It has already been reported and posted here that Princess has cancelled bookings that have any younger cruisers in the cabin.

Sorry but I don’t have all day to set in front of my computer Henry cruise critic all day

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

When was your cruise? I've got a 7yo on one April 11, 2022. Her fare covered with FCC. Do I ask for it to be transferred to me or is this denial only until CDC removes conditions?

I'm asking my PVP. I know she's swamped with the 2 day sale but I'm concerned about it 

We have 14 cabins booked on the October 27, 20 £.21 Cabo San Lucas Cruise. We’ve been booking these cabins since March of this year and the last been booked Friday the ninth and Princess had said nothing until this morning.... The CDC says it’s OK for the kids to go to school without vaccinations but they can’t get on a freaking cruise ship

As for your seven year old it doesn’t look like they’re getting out either

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

We have 14 cabins booked on the October 27, 20 £.21 Cabo San Lucas Cruise. We’ve been booking these cabins since March of this year and the last been booked Friday the ninth and Princess had said nothing until this morning.... The CDC says it’s OK for the kids to go to school without vaccinations but they can’t get on a freaking cruise ship

Per the post, Princess is expecting relaxed restrictions in 2022, but of course that is not cast in stone.

• Like 1

Other cruise lines are sailing with kids and unvaxed passengers.

Right now it seems to be each line doing their own policies and protocols.

This is specifically 'PRINCESS' with their own policy regarding younger and therefore unvaccinated children.

At some point, final legal decisions and law will prevail.

Edited by Wishing on a star

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:
20 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

Expand  

Per the post, Princess is expecting relaxed restrictions in 2022, but of course that is not cast in stone

I went back and added Mary's response .... probably should've waited.  Sometimes she responds immediately  (2 minutes is immediately IMHO) sometimes it takes up to an hour. So I was added her response while alan was answering my question.  At any rate, she wasn't terribly reassuring but I'm leaving it booked

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I went back and added Mary's response .... probably should've waited.  Sometimes she responds immediately  (2 minutes is immediately IMHO) sometimes it takes up to an hour. So I was added her response while alan was answering my question.  At any rate, she wasn't terribly reassuring but I'm leaving it booked

Can you repost the email info you had without your Princess planners name as it’s helpful!

19 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Other cruise lines are sailing with kids and unvaxed passengers.

Right now it seems to be each line doing their own policies and protocols.

This is specifically 'PRINCESS' with their own policy regarding younger and therefore unvaccinated children.

At some point, final legal decisions and law will prevail.

There is no law that I am aware of that states a cruise line must allow children on their ships.  In fact Virgin Cruises are adults only cruise line.  People with kids have many other options besides PCL.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alanasgpa said:

A school does not have a problem with being prevented from docking due to an outbreak of Covid-19.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, brisalta said:

A school does not have a problem with being prevented from docking due to an outbreak of Covid-19.

14 minutes ago, brisalta said:

True but a outbreak is a outbreak....Regardless if it’s in the schoolyard or a cruise ship

Here is the statement from Princess. Since the covid vaccine is only approved for those 12 and over, those 11 and under can not currently meet this requirement and thus are excluded from boarding. Anyone 12 and older must show proof of vaccination. Believe Princess has detailed this proof to be an original vaccination card. 

"Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm guessing this is going to change at least once before the year is over.  I keep hearing that the vaccine will be offered to age 10 and up this fall.  My family is looking forward to getting on a cruise ship again, but I am happy to wait until my kids are vaccinated for their protection as well as others.

• Like 10