Covid Positive aboard Viking Sky 7/14/22

Clay Clayton

I made 84 masks over a year ago for a mask making group in the DC area (distributed to groups who asked for them), and I made at least 25 for myself and spouse. So I really don't know why I'm asking this, BUT:  I read that people on one of the sailings got a care package in their room, and it contained more than the required test tubes!  It apparently included what was described as a "classy black mask."  So now I'm curious - has anyone on board received one?  

8 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I made 84 masks over a year ago for a mask making group in the DC area (distributed to groups who asked for them), and I made at least 25 for myself and spouse. So I really don't know why I'm asking this, BUT:  I read that people on one of the sailings got a care package in their room, and it contained more than the required test tubes!  It apparently included what was described as a "classy black mask."  So now I'm curious - has anyone on board received one?  

There were 2 packages of 10 masks each, along with 2 bottles of hand sanitizers as well as a number of packages of wipes waiting on the tray when we got to our stateroom. We didn’t open ours but the masks appear to be the paper type. 

FFF9CF21-A325-4741-BF32-1DE3F93F6625.jpeg

F2014478-C163-4C52-9165-BB9EDE489389.jpeg

• Like 1

Had a great stroll through downtown Reykjavik to end our cruise. Pictures are on our Instagram. Below is one to whet your appetite (that’s Mike’s patent pending pointing selfie) 😂

Thanks for all your thanks…just  paying it forward for all those who have provided me so much information over the years. 

I was gonna say this was going to be my last post on this thread but since that came back to bite me on Wednesday (Thursday?) I’m just gonna say goodnight. I’ll post one last time when we are at the airport tomorrow 🤞😊

65D26CDC-B732-4024-8101-E3AB8F41B4A2.jpeg

• Like 24

8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

I agree with you but asking people not do do something here is useless. It just eggs them.

I suggest that the more people who report posts as offensive or off-topic or hijacking or "member-directed," the more chance of ending the diversions.

Report a post  by clicking on the three dots beside the post #. 

This entire thread has gotten off topic @ Peregrina651. Positive case reported, Sky is in Reykjavik.  End of story.

2 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

There were 2 packages of 10 masks each, along with 2 bottles of hand sanitizers as well as a number of packages of wipes waiting on the tray when we got to our stateroom. We didn’t open ours but the masks appear to be the paper type. 

FFF9CF21-A325-4741-BF32-1DE3F93F6625.jpeg

F2014478-C163-4C52-9165-BB9EDE489389.jpeg

Oh, OK.  Nothing special.  I'm just going to bring my cotton, duckbill (fitted style), colorful masks  with rubber stoppers for adjustment.  We wear them a lot where I live, even though we don't have to, with a few exceptions. But I wonder what "ultrasonic" paper is?  That's a new one. Maybe just a marketing ploy. 

Have you seen the UV robot anywhere?  

Enjoy Manfredi's and Reykjavik at night - although it may not feel like night if it's still light! Thanks to you and others on your cruise for keeping us informed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Had a great stroll through downtown Reykjavik to end our cruise. Pictures are on our Instagram. Below is one to whet your appetite (that’s Mike’s patent pending pointing selfie) 😂

Thanks for all your thanks…just  paying it forward for all those who have provided me so much information over the years. 

I was gonna say this was going to be my last post on this thread but since that came back to bite me on Wednesday (Thursday?) I’m just gonna say goodnight. I’ll post one last time when we are at the airport tomorrow 🤞😊

I want to follow you on Insta! What is your username? Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snit13 said:

OK Doc who loves to travel, What is going on?  Why are cruisers testing positive day 3 or so of the cruise?  If everyone tested negative where are the spreaders...crew, bus drivers, guides,  passengers?  Been following Covid for year plus and have not heard anything like this reported.

The contacted it in the airport, on the plane, during their own pre cruise stay...and then it took a few days to show up in testing.  I am sitting in JFK where an announcement keeps playing about wearing your mask.  And yet I see two VIKING travelers sitting with NO masks on.  Unless they stole the Viking red luggage tags.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

The contacted it in the airport, on the plane, during their own pre cruise stay...and then it took a few days to show up in testing.  I am sitting in JFK where an announcement keeps playing about wearing your mask.  And yet I see two VIKING travelers sitting with NO masks on.  Unless they stole the Viking red luggage tags.  

Take a picture of them for future reference so you can avoid them.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

7 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

Take a picture of them for future reference so you can avoid them.

Or complain to them, not us, if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

36 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

You missed one rainbow street but got to see another.  Yay.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, saratogian127 said:

Or complain to them, not us, if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Somebody said something before me apparently.  But if that is an example of caution before boarding by Viking guests we are in trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Somebody said something before me apparently.  But if that is an example of caution before boarding by Viking guests we are in trouble.

Several people have mentioned that some Viking passengers have not masked up on buses while on excursions even though we have all agreed to do that. I don’t understand how people can agree to certain behaviors and then completely ignore what they’ve agreed to. This is simple, if you don’t want to follow Vikings procedures then don’t go on the cruise.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, photogranny said:

I am also curious as to car and overnight accommodations, just in case!

Best hotel chain in Iceland is Fosshotels -- start from there. They have locations throughout the country.

• Like 1

I find some post interesting  and have to smile and shake my head.

I decided to write because I wanted to thank  CLAY for all his informative post.

As a future Sky passenger (August 14) I appreciate your professionalism and  perspective of the cruise.  Totally agree with your thoughts and your kindness in answering some requests.  
 We should be able to be flexible and be respectful of  Viking and Iceland policies.

Oh yes, get the drink package.

Safe travels Clay and Mike.  Hope to be on a cruise with you sometime.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

WhooHoo! Jenna just announced that the ship has been cleared and shuttles are starting at 6 and the last shuttle returns at midnight!  

So as soon as we finish dinner at Manfredi’s we are headed into town. 

Wonderful news!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, esther e said:

My mask. I thought it was very apropos for Iceland but you’d have to be a Scandinavian to appreciate it. image.thumb.jpeg.f7c508057501e8ade9046a6c7959002c.jpeg

Love that, but don't understand it.  Can I bring & wear my puffin mask, and my puffin slippers?  I've love puffins for a long time. I'd attach a picture but it's late and I'm headed to bed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Love that, but don't understand it.  Can I bring & wear my puffin mask, and my puffin slippers?  I've love puffins for a long time. I'd attach a picture but it's late and I'm headed to bed. 

The dollar horse is very very Swedish and everybody in Sweden and every suite in the US owns at least one of them. When I saw that it was on a mask I absolutely had to have it. Yes indeed bring your puffin and mask and your puffin and slippers

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, esther e said:

The dollar horse

I’m Swedish.  It’s a Dala  horse.  My grandmother ,always had several.  I love them! They were always red.  As seen in Stockholm. 469BC623-323F-4A29-859E-B9C0472844C6.thumb.jpeg.532d99582b163c5c95f77a9c4ef9efa9.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 4

Just now, SantaFe1 said:

I’m Swedish.  It’s a Dala  horse.  My grandmother ,always had several.  I love them! They were always red.

Darn autocorrect. of course it’s a Dala horse .  mine is red,as well as the decal on my car and my garden flag.  although I recently heard the color depends on the area of Sweden 🇸🇪.  Not sure of that though.

• Like 1