Where to get Perrier (good) versus San Pellegrino (ok) on Infinity?

zitsky

My experience has been hit or miss depending on which bar and what time of day.  Often bars had both in stock but would run out of one or the other at some point in the day.  

9 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

On our last maybe 10 Celebrity Cruises, we have had the Premium Drink Package.  Both Evian and San Pellegrino have been available at most bars, and often both sizes, small and large, bottles are available.  At some of the bars, though, just the small bottles are available.  But, maybe a little bar hopping is required, but you can get both Evian or SP, large or small, with little effort.  

Cafe El Bacio, the Oceanview bar, and the pool bar, usually have both sizes of both types.  The Sky Lounge sometimes only has Evian.  The Passport bar usually has both but small bottles.  The Sunset bar seems to have both.  

Have you ever seen Perrier (French) at those locations?

15 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So what is the difference between the two?  They both taste like fizzy water to me.

Mineral content, which affects (really creates) the flavor.  Some prefer one over the other (obviously 🙂).  Some like them both.  Some like neither. 

If you want a little geeky detail, Perrier is high in calcium carbonate (limestone), which gives it that crisp character others have mentioned.  It has smaller amounts of other minerals, but not all that much.  San Pellegrino has a fair amount of magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) and calcium sulphate (gypsum) that round it out some.  As someone else mentioned, that magnesium also can have a laxative effect if you drink enough of the stuff.

Being a homebrewer, I'm also a bit of a water geek.  I've even cloned a couple of mineral waters.  Fun stuff. 🤣

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We like Polar seltzer.😊

I will drink selzer water if I can't find club soda.

Costco sells Perrier in small plastic bottles.  Not great for the environment. I know.

I prefer Pellegrino, but Perrier one OK with me. My experience is that Perrier is almost always available in the smaller bottles.  Frequently they run our of Pellegrino in the small bottles.  I hesitate to waste a large bottle of Pellegrino, So I just drink Perrier in the smaller bottle instead.

Obviously this must depend on what is ordered  on your particular cruise, but it is always the case on my cruises,

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

We have consumed quite a bit of Pellegrino.  Mostly because we can get it locally in bottles and not plastic.  Does Perrier also come in bottles?

If I recall correctly Perrier is also in  glass bottles.

14 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

On our last maybe 10 Celebrity Cruises, we have had the Premium Drink Package.  Both Evian and San Pellegrino have been available at most bars, and often both sizes, small and large, bottles are available.  At some of the bars, though, just the small bottles are available.  But, maybe a little bar hopping is required, but you can get both Evian or SP, large or small, with little effort.  

Cafe El Bacio, the Oceanview bar, and the pool bar, usually have both sizes of both types.  The Sky Lounge sometimes only has Evian.  The Passport bar usually has both but small bottles.  The Sunset bar seems to have both.  

Thanks for the reminder.   I totally forgot about Evian.  They use to have large bottles in each room (with a price tag on them).

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I recall correctly Perrier is also in  glass bottles.

I normally see it in glass at a restaurant or bar.  Plastic at Costco but San Pellegrino in large glass bottles.