Bad news - Good news

Flatbush Flyer

3 hours ago, trtog7 said:

Wonder if in 2 weeks anymore passengers get Covid-19

I do not think we will ever hear those numbers.

Agree

it may take a few more days to others to test positive   maybe even after the cruise ends

3 hours ago, trtog7 said:

Wonder if in 2 weeks anymore passengers get Covid-19

I do not think we will ever hear those numbers.

Since everyone was vaccinated, unless the remaining cruisers test daily for the next 2 weeks, probably won't know because for most vacincinated people they are asymptomatic (like the person who tested postive).

Wearing a mask on a cruise is a deal breaker for me.  DH and I are fully vaccinated and have been living our normal pre-Covid lives.  No going back for us.  We don’t sail until January but final payment is coming up in October.  Guess I’ll see what the rules are then.  Mask mandate on a ship means maybe we head to the Breakers instead.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Wearing a mask on a cruise is a deal breaker for me.  DH and I are fully vaccinated and have been living our normal pre-Covid lives.  No going back for us.  We don’t sail until January but final payment is coming up in October.  Guess I’ll see what the rules are then.  Mask mandate on a ship means maybe we head to the Breakers instead.

What the rules are on the day of your final payment and the rules are on the day of embarkation (or halfway during your cruise) may be vastly different things. 
And whatever they may be (including an announcement by the ship’s master that “masks are mandatory starting today”), they are non-negotiable.

You may want to read your T&Cs and Ticket Contract (as well as the changeable Sail Safe polices) which all boil down to:

. Consequences of Noncompliance With COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Notwithstanding any other provision contained herein, any noncompliance by You or members of Your travelling party with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract shall be grounds for refusal to board, refusal to re-board after going ashore, quarantine onboard the Vessel, disembarkation, reporting to governmental or health authorities, or other steps deemed necessary in Our sole discretion under the circumstances to protect the health and well-being of others. Under these circumstances, You shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. You will be responsible for all related costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses and for proper travel documentation for any port, or for departure from or arrival to the U.S. or Your country or state of residence. Under no circumstances shall We be liable for any damages or expenses whatsoever incurred by any Guest as a result of such denial of boarding, refusal to re-board, quarantine, disembarkation, or other steps taken by Us.

34 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Ditto.... Their is no way in heck I'm spending thousands of dollars to go on a cruise and wear a mask. Just not going to happen. Our cruise is in January also, I'll cancel in heartbeat if their is any chance of mast wearing

This is a very fluid situation. There is a great "chance" that masks may be required at any time for the forseeable future. Best to cancel now if you feel so strongly about never wearing a mask on board. Mine are ready to be packed as soon as our cruises get the go-ahead.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

This is a very fluid situation. There is a great "chance" that masks may be required at any time for the forseeable future. Best to cancel now if you feel so strongly about never wearing a mask on board. Mine are ready to be packed as soon as our cruises get the go-ahead.

Amen.

We have five future O bookings (covering about 100 nights) from January 2022 through early 2023. We are resigned to the possibility/probability that ports will change (including start/end), sea days may increase (yes, even a cruise to nowhere), masks WILL be required, blah, blah, blah. And, even if cruises are cancelled by O (a bummer for sure), our experience of multiple O cruise modifications/cancellations in 2020-21 and their exemplary handling/disposition by O bolsters our confidence that O will continue to “do the right thing” for its passengers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 8:49 AM, Laszlo said:

Ditto.... Their is no way in heck I'm spending thousands of dollars to go on a cruise and wear a mask. Just not going to happen. Our cruise is in January also, I'll cancel in heartbeat if their is any chance of mast wearing

My cruise is in April, Barcelona to Rome. I will cancel before FP if there is a mask requirement onboard imposed. I have a Celebrity cruise in December from Tampa booked which I will also cancel if masks are required on the ship.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, Queen of DaNile said:

Amen to that.

The situation in ports of call would be even more fluid. 

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

My cruise is in April, Barcelona to Rome. I will cancel before FP if there is a mask requirement onboard imposed. I have a Celebrity cruise in December from Tampa booked which I will also cancel if masks are required on the ship.

What if the mask requirement changes AFTER you made your final payment on either cruise?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paulchili said:

What if the mask requirement changes AFTER you made your final payment on either cruise?

If O starts requiring masks on cruises with all pax vaccinated, then there is a real problem. If that is the case, it is likely the cruise would be cancelled anyways. If on on Dec. 24, the final payment date for the April 4 cruise I have booked,O is now requiring masks onboard I will cancel. The plane tickets I booked are with awards so those are completely cancelable. One of the reasons I even booked this cruise is I have $500 FCC with O and I had to get something booked before the end of 2021. The $500 would go back into my O account and I will look to book something else. It seems like for the last 2 years O has had $1500 of my money as deposits on cruises that I book and then O cancels. It's not like I'm missing the $1500., it is a perpetual Oceania deposit that keeps getting rolled forward.

As far as the Celebrity cruise goes, their policy is you can cancel up to 48 hours before the cruise and receive a FCC. That cruise is Dec. 3 with final payment due Sept. 1. As of now, vaccinated pax do not need to wear a mask onboard Celebrity ships. From what I have read, the only cruise line currently requiring masks onboard even with all vaccinated pax is Windstar. Because of this, they are having problems filling their ships. Windstar is also still the only line requiring ship excursions only.

1 hour ago, Harters said:

I'd be fine with mask wearing. Not thrilled about it, but certainly fine about it.

Same here. 

We would probably spend more time relaxing on our balcony with a book & a glass of wine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

If O starts requiring masks on cruises with all pax vaccinated, then there is a real problem. If that is the case, it is likely the cruise would be cancelled anyways. If on on Dec. 24, the final payment date for the April 4 cruise I have booked,O is now requiring masks onboard I will cancel.

....The $500 would go back into my O account....

There will be no “real problem” (for O and most of it’s booked passengers) and O will not cancel a cruise rather than mandate masks.

And, if you (or others) cancel, there are plenty of folks with time limited FCCs still looking for cruises to book.

As for the redeposit of FCCs, remember that any newly extended “cruise by” deadlines (for redeposited FCCs) will not go beyond 12/31/22.

Remember too that, depending on the O “travel advisory” in effect at the time of your booking, you may already be in a penalty phase if you wait until Final Payment to cancel.

And you still face the prospect that, on the day you embark or midway during the cruise, a mask mandate may be ordered. What will you do then?

• Like 1