Drink Package Price

I've recently booked a cruise on Harmony of the seas for late February I couldnt be more excited. However I was wondering if anyone knew what a good price for the Deluxe drink package is this year? I'm getting offered 20% off which is $66.99 thats about 17% more then I paid 2 years ago I know they usually raise it about 7-10% a year. I was just curious if thats a decent deal. 

Pay no attention to the discount % that means nothing the prices go up and down almost daily. We are on the Harmony in Jan, we got a great deal during last years Black Friday sale (Thanksgiving) deluxe at  for $50.00 pp/pd ea. Our last one we got it for 43.00 ea. You can purchase it at the price you are comfortable with and if it goes down, cancel and rebook at the lower price. Takes a couple of weeks for them to credit back your original price paid. Check the sales during this Thanksgiving. Hope you score a great deal!

52 minutes ago, BahamianBill said:

I've recently booked a cruise on Harmony of the seas for late February I couldnt be more excited. However I was wondering if anyone knew what a good price for the Deluxe drink package is this year? I'm getting offered 20% off which is $66.99 thats about 17% more then I paid 2 years ago I know they usually raise it about 7-10% a year. I was just curious if thats a decent deal. 

Book it now, cancel and rebook when it goes to 30%... it probably wont get cheaper than that, but as you said they might raise the price before the 30%

11 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Book it now, cancel and rebook when it goes to 30%... it probably wont get cheaper than that, but as you said they might raise the price before the 30%

I got Serenade on July 4th weekend for an August cruise for 40% off at $44 a day.  I had previously purchased it at $48 and it was listed as 30% off.

But you are right.  book it when the price is acceptable and cancel when it goes down.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I got Serenade on July 4th weekend for an August cruise for 40% off at $44 a day.  I had previously purchased it at $48 and it was listed as 30% off.

But you are right.  book it when the price is acceptable and cancel when it goes down.

Damn, on july 4th I only had a 30% offer for Symphony at $62 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miloomar said:

Damn, on july 4th I only had a 30% offer for Symphony at $62 

It's always going to be more expensive on the big girls like Symphony.  $62 is high though.  Maybe Labor day they might put up a good sale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BahamianBill said:

On Freedom yesterday the “normal price” was $89 however they were offering buy one get one %50 off

The lowest I have found it on our Symphony cruise this September is $58.00.  This is a lift & shift cruise from last year in which I had it purchased at $44.00. Was hoping to see it drop again like that but never did:(

14 hours ago, George C said:

My allure November cruise price kept changing then said 40 percent off for 50 a day then I bought, we are diamond plus so we can get 30 percent on board.

And now D+ gets five free drinks a day even without the drink package....

Does anyone know if there is still a discount for diamond/DP/pinnacle on the drink package.  You would think they would given the new voucher system.  As a DP I am struggling to justify buying a deluxe package at $70 a day (current price in planner).   I wonder how much a 16 ounce domestic beer is now? If I assume around $10 (which is a ridiculous price but probably close to what it is), I’d have to drink 7 beers on top of my 5 free DP drinks per day to make the deluxe package worth considering.  That’s 12 drinks a day.  Hard to imagine how I would want a drink package with that math.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

Does anyone know if there is still a discount for diamond/DP/pinnacle on the drink package.  You would think they would given the new voucher system.  As a DP I am struggling to justify buying a deluxe package at $70 a day (current price in planner).   I wonder how much a 16 ounce domestic beer is now? If I assume around $10 (which is a ridiculous price but probably close to what it is), I’d have to drink 7 beers on top of my 5 free DP drinks per day to make the deluxe package worth considering.  That’s 12 drinks a day.  Hard to imagine how I would want a drink package with that math.  

I agree, I have decided with the new voucher system, I will forgo the DBP on the next cruise and drink normally. At the conclusion I am going to crunch the numbers. I am fairly confident I will come out ahead. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

I'm thinking that a domestic beer is closer to $7-$8, so you'd be looking at 9-10 beers a day in addition to your 5 vouchers.  

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree, I have decided with the new voucher system, I will forgo the DBP on the next cruise and drink normally. At the conclusion I am going to crunch the numbers. I am fairly confident I will come out ahead. 

I think a lot of people are going to drop the DBP with the vouchers, but I'm hoping that it doesn't cause them to delete the new voucher program when "normalcy" returns to the world.  (Pretty sure it was announced as a permanent change, but they can always change their minds!)  I'm guessing that the majority of the DBP purchasers were not D/D+/P to begin with, so hopefully the voucher program won't affect the bottom line too much and they'll maintain the changes.

15 minutes ago, topnole said:

On the blog, the new bar menus were posted, beers are $7.49 plus 18% = $8.84

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

On the blog, the new bar menus were posted, beers are $7.49 plus 18% = $8.84

Cool. Now I can have 8 beers extra per day before considering the Drink package.  Looks like I can easily have a vacation I won’t remember for cheaper than the drink package.  😂😂

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

And now D+ gets five free drinks a day even without the drink package....

I don't even think I would consider a drink package as D+. Especially since the other half probably wouldn't use more than 1.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Same.  And of course my wife is DP too so she gets 5 per day.  She may use most of them, but probably not all of them over a week cruise.  

I’m sure there are many who have spouses that drink one or two a day max.  These will inevitably end up being used by the spouse that drinks more.   So yet again another reason not to buy a package.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, topnole said:

Same.  And of course my wife is DP too so she gets 5 per day.  She may use most of them, but probably not all of them over a week cruise.  

I’m sure there are many who have spouses that drink one or two a day max.  These will inevitably end up being used by the spouse that drinks more.   So yet again another reason not to buy a package.  

Spot on, DW will use maybe 2 of her D+ vouchers in the evening, the rest I will handle for her

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:03 PM, Tree_skier said:

It's always going to be more expensive on the big girls like Symphony.  $62 is high though.  Maybe Labor day they might put up a good sale.

$62 was 30% off... how often do you see bigger discounts?