Leaving tomorrow on Edge!

artlee

Last Friday I was in Miami going to a trade show with my boss and the cruise ships were lined up ready to go. They looked amazing after such a wait. I have a cruise lined up on Oceania in December but my boss said as we were driving by, why are you waiting for December? I thought about it for all of 5 minutes and emailed my travel agent and booked this cruise that very day. One week away! After having a couple cruises cancelled during covid I just couldn't wait any longer!! I have never booked anything with such a short wait. Very excited. Anyone else ever act so suddenly?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

We usually call those "Emergency Cruises". After a bad day at work my husband comes home and tries to book something that we can hop on soon. Of course that was Pre-Covid. We are going in August, but booked it in late June.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, artlee said:

Last Friday I was in Miami going to a trade show with my boss and the cruise ships were lined up ready to go. They looked amazing after such a wait. I have a cruise lined up on Oceania in December but my boss said as we were driving by, why are you waiting for December? I thought about it for all of 5 minutes and emailed my travel agent and booked this cruise that very day. One week away! After having a couple cruises cancelled during covid I just couldn't wait any longer!! I have never booked anything with such a short wait. Very excited. Anyone else ever act so suddenly?

Have a great sailing!!!

Were I to be so impulsive, I would be sailing alone and have to figure out how to stay on board for the long haul because returning to my residence would not be an option in the short term!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, artlee said:

I thought you were going to tell us that your boss was going to pay for the cruise. 😀

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

After reading a review of last week's Edge sailing, I got "the bug."  I researched all through last Sunday night and found a great Edge sailing for 9/11.  Top it off with a single discount (thank you Celebrity), and I am in.  I contacted my travel agent early Monday morning with credit card in hand.  Unfortunately, the 8 SVs that were available Sunday night were gone by Monday morning (still can't believe that).  

I typically book 12-18 months in advance,  but this was too good to pass up.

Please keep us posted on next week's adventure!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Have a great sailing!!!

Were I to be so impulsive, I would be sailing alone and have to figure out how to stay on board for the long haul because returning to my residence would not be an option in the short term!!! LOL

bon voyage

Sadly, i am in the same boat, Bo. I have to sell my husband on every cruise and that can take a while. And I have to work around his golf schedule, his softball schedule, etc. Who woulda thought planning could be so tough for a Florida retiree.

We had a very rainy June here in Ocala.  Next time we have a forecast like that, maybe i can convince him to sail to better weather 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Smmessineo said:

Sadly, i am in the same boat, Bo. I have to sell my husband on every cruise and that can take a while. And I have to work around his golf schedule, his softball schedule, etc. Who woulda thought planning could be so tough for a Florida retiree.

We had a very rainy June here in Ocala.  Next time we have a forecast like that, maybe i can convince him to sail to better weather 😁

LOL - S - there are times when I think sailing without spouse could be a good thing... spontaneity and not worrying about the when!!!!

I hope bon voyage for me soon (and you as well)....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

After reading a review of last week's Edge sailing, I got "the bug."  I researched all through last Sunday night and found a great Edge sailing for 9/11.  Top it off with a single discount (thank you Celebrity), and I am in.  I contacted my travel agent early Monday morning with credit card in hand.  Unfortunately, the 8 SVs that were available Sunday night were gone by Monday morning (still can't believe that).  

I typically book 12-18 months in advance,  but this was too good to pass up.

Please keep us posted on next week's adventure!

If I see a room I want on a weekend I put a hold on it, usually thru the online chat feature.  Then Monday I call my TA with the info and she takes care of it for me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, micheleata said:

If I see a room I want on a weekend I put a hold on it, usually thru the online chat feature.  Then Monday I call my TA with the info and she takes care of it for me.

I wish I had done that!

There are two of us sailing...with the single discount, we have separate rooms.  I'll keep an eye on SVs opening up, but the chances of getting lucky twice would really be a miracle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Have a great sailing!!!

bon voyage

See if you can "borrow" a chef's or cabin steward's uniform, 😄

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, artlee said:

Anyone else ever act so suddenly?

Yep...Booked NCL Escape on a Tuesday for the following Sunday. Just booked the Edge last night for 8/28. I think I have only booked outside of final payment once. If you are flexible that’s when you can get some of the deals. 

• Like 1