Sky Princess self launderette.

lighting

You can purchase soap and fabric softener onboard as well, no need to bring it.  I used the machines on Regal and they were just regular washers and dryers. I don’t know about Sky, sorry.

1 hour ago, lighting said:

What type of washing machine are on board, he or regular?  Wondering, which type of soap, to bring.  Thank you in advance.

If you’re interested in viewing some photos, videos & info about the Sky & some Med ports this live by Colo Cruiser might be interesting for you…we greatly enjoyed 28 days on the Sky in November 2019. 😊

• Thanks 1

I used the All Free & Clear pacs on the Sky. The pacs work in HE or regular washers.

I put warm water into the washer first then add the pod; I swirl it around until the casing begins to dissolve then I let the washer fill a bit more with warm water before I switch to cold water and add the clothes.

The washer instructions say to add clothes, then soap, then start the machine. I prefer to make certain the soap is distributed in the water (especially if I was using a powder) before I add the clothes.

Absolutely bring your own pods and dryer sheets.  They take up no space in luggage, and you avoid the ridiculous $3 price.  Also, the washers are smaller than what I'm used to at home, so plan accordingly in terms of how many loads you'll need to wash.

• Like 2

Many people (myself included) can't use just any old detergent. We bring our own. As for dryer sheets... I'd make them illegal. When someone in the neighborhood uses one the entire street reeks of the perfume stench. There are a lot of folks who despise those things and who are allergic to them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Do the machines take quarters or, as suggested in a couple of pictures, do you purchase special tokens?  Is the Medallion an option in any way?

Yes you buy the tokens by touching your medallion on the reader under the screen. We did this on the Sky Med Inaugural

20191022_143337.thumb.jpg.b639f6dea56c907b837fab2983021242.jpg