Clarifying: Move Up does NOT include perks?

KKB

So we are in SV--if we bid on a suite we do not get premium drinks (except in retreat), streaming or OBC, correct?

Did the math & realized it's a no brainer if we did...

It will depend on your existing reservation, from my understanding.  

If the rate you booked already includes the streaming internet package and premium drinks, you would not lose them, and you'd get the regular suite perks in the retreat.

If you bid on a Royal, Penthouse or similar and there were other perks included as part of that suite, such as specialty restaurants, you'd get that perk. 

You do not get the extra points from the upgrade.

23 minutes ago, KKB said:

So we are in SV--if we bid on a suite we do not get premium drinks (except in retreat), streaming or OBC, correct?

Did the math & realized it's a no brainer if we did...

Your are correct.  I am not positive but I believe you are also charged the difference in the daily gratuities, which from AQ to a Suite is $3 pp pd.  

I was just reading about this on another thread and followed a link to Celebrity that explains how it works.

If you win your bid, you get to keep whatever perks came with your original booking.  So I have an Elevate package on an upcoming cruise that includes the premium drinks, wifi, gratuities and OBC.  I get to keep all of those if my upgrade bid is accepted.  

If you booked the Always Included cruise fare and your upgrade bid is accepted, you get to keep those perks (classic drink package, gratuities and wifi).  If you booked a Simply Sail rate and your bid is accepted, you do not get any of the perks as I understand it.

Here's a link that explains things pretty well:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1

To help clarify this I seen a rate of $325/night pp in a suite.  I looked at booking it as it seemed reasonable.  The rate was for a SS guarantee.  I proceeded to see the final cost.  It didn’t include or show any perks In the final cost.  I then chose to book a SS again at the higher rate and the final cost showed all the perks of premium bev pack, grats, internet and SBC

Contrary to belief suites don’t always include all the perks.  You do get the amenities that come with the suite but may not get the perks.  There is a difference between amenities and perks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, miched said:

To help clarify this I seen a rate of $325/night pp in a suite.  I looked at booking it as it seemed reasonable.  The rate was for a SS guarantee.  I proceeded to see the final cost.  It didn’t include or show any perks In the final cost.  I then chose to book a SS again at the higher rate and the final cost showed all the perks of premium bev pack, grats, internet and SBC

Contrary to belief suites don’t always include all the perks.  You do get the amenities that come with the suite but may not get the perks.  There is a difference between amenities and perks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I read somewhere here on CC that guarantee bookings in any category don't come with the perks included, whether it's always included or some other promotion.

30 minutes ago, Bretty said:

I read somewhere here on CC that guarantee bookings in any category don't come with the perks included, whether it's always included or some other promotion.

Hasn't always been that way in the past.  But currently the only GTY staterooms I have seen offered are combined with the Simply Sail rates.

Simply Sail rates are rates without perks AND are GTY cabins.  Frankly the discount being offered doesn't make sense unless you really don't realize any value from the drink or wifi packages considering it is a GTY cabin.   My opinion is these rates are enticing you with the lower entry pricing but driving you to the AI price as "good value".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

Did you bid on a suite? 

Nope.

This week we have friends who are sailing with us so didn't make sense.

I considered it for next week with Mom. 

But I decided that since it will be a new ship for her, at half-ish capacity, the value of a suite is a bit diminished, especially since it seems the suites are running full or close to it.

I also thought I  might catch a lot of grief for paying the extra $!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

May I ask here, if 30 days out I didn’t get a move up email is there a way to request one? This is our third booking with Celebrity and never previously received an invite (select member if that matters)? Any help appreciated. 

I believe this will get you what you want.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Diane

• Thanks 1

If you bid on a suite and win, you get whatever perks came with your original booking.  If your original booking was an "Always Included" fare, you get those perks.  If your original booking was an "Elevated" fare, you get those perks.  So you keep whatever perks you have already paid for.  

By the way, the MoveUp portion of the Celebrity website hasn't been working.  It told me to check back when I was within 30 days of sailing.  I'm now within 28 days and it still just "spins" when I enter the info.