LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas 7/23/21

35 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I know no Let it rude tables but could you check other table poker games they have? Like 3 card, ultimate hold em? I usually hang in that area that my husband calls the circus game area! He prefers craps and blackjack! Games of skill! 

I'll find out.

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Enjoy Freedom. She is an awesome ship. I've had some great cruises on her.

Thank you she looks amazing. Can't wait.

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

ITS CRUISE DAY!!!

Screenshot_20210723-073320_Samsung%20Int

Our checkin isn't until 1:30 and M still has to go into work for an hour or so (she is the boss) but it's almost here. 🙂

Have fun!  So jealous!  Can’t wait until October 1st!😎

have so much fun!!! we just booked for Oct...my husband's birthday weekend. Definitely curious at what capacity ship is running at. Also...are masks required everywhere except when eating? I know you aren't sailing with kids, but if you run across the adventure ocean planner, could you snap a pic! Kids are so excited! Thanks 🙂

So my no complaining about traveling to Miami is only going to last for one cruise. Let's just say traffic getting here lived up to its reputation.

My navigating skills also lived up to its reputation and we got turned around a bit on the way in.

Soon though, this was our amazing view.

20210723_132505.jpg

20210723_133512.jpg

20210723_133559.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 5

We parked at the port for $25 a day which us pretty insane but I have had too many bad experiences with parking services in Miami so I just pay to park at the port. 

With limited capacity parking was plentiful.

From there we boarded pretty quick. M was able to use the suite boarding line and they allowed me to tag along.

Regular boarding was pretty backed up and I am not really sure why with staggered boarding. We arrived about 1:40 with a 1:30 checkin time.

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Will you be posting pictures here? The links say you have to sign in and I don’t want to.

Is it working now? My pictures were showing up as links instead of displaying the picture like it normally would. I edited it and uploaded direct to cc hoping that works. Not sure why I'm having issues posting pictures all of a sudden.

we were on Freedom last week, had 1:00 check in, got there at 1:25 long line off to the side of people who had arrived early. Easy check in for us despite some in the crowd yelling that its time for us to board NOW!!. I guess at least in the short term arrival times are being enforced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Is it working now? My pictures were showing up as links instead of displaying the picture like it normally would. I edited it and uploaded direct to cc hoping that works. Not sure why I'm having issues posting pictures all of a sudden.

Yes it is. Thanks.

Ok I cant seem to get the pictures to load and I cant figure out how to space them out when I post directly to cc so please forgive the weird formatting. Its my first attempt at a live review and I suspect it is ship wifi related but I am no technician lol.

Giovanni's was open for lunch so we made our way down there to put our ultimate dining plan to work.  

They brought us some bread to start with.

20210723_142556.jpg

• Like 5

Very glad to see that they are still doing lunch on embarkation day even with the later check-in times.  I was afraid that they would take the opportunity to cut that offering since the lunch time is so limited already.  Glad to see that they did not.

I enjoyed everything very much. The best of all was the tiramisu. Very delicious.

After lunch I started on putting the drink package to work also.

Lime and coconut. This was very good and potentially dangerous if you forget it's got alcohol in it 🙂

20210723_160050.jpg

• Like 5