Staycation Check-in times.

majortom10

Printed off our e-tickets for 13th August cruise on QE and confused at whether the check-in time is the time we have to arrive at Mayflower Terminal for covid test or is it time we have to be at Ocean Terminal isnt very clear and I am confused. Also a bit disappointed that our check in time is not until 2-30pm and thought as a Platinum member of CWC we might have been earlier.

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

We are on the August 20th cruise. 
when were you able to check in and get your boarding time?

thank you

You will shortly receive an e mail from Cunard informing you that "Check-In is now open for you" 

You go into your voyage personaliser and follow the prompts . 

16 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

We are on the August 20th cruise. 
when were you able to check in and get your boarding time?

thank you

I got my e-mail from Cunard yesterday but already knew my cabin allocation last week from contacting Cunard on Faceache regarding another matter and they told me.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:49 PM, majortom10 said:

Printed off our e-tickets for 13th August cruise on QE and confused at whether the check-in time is the time we have to arrive at Mayflower Terminal for covid test or is it time we have to be at Ocean Terminal isnt very clear and I am confused. Also a bit disappointed that our check in time is not until 2-30pm and thought as a Platinum member of CWC we might have been earlier.

You should have had a printed booklet through the post which very clearly indicates (on p.15) where you should go first according to your method of arrival. I’m sure the time given is for the place you need to go to first. 
I’ve never found the given chech-in times to be anything other than a suggestion in any case. 
The later time than usual is probably to allow time for the crew to deep clean the staterooms. Can’t complain about that!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mumsysailor said:

You should have had a printed booklet through the post which very clearly indicates (on p.15) where you should go first according to your method of arrival. I’m sure the time given is for the place you need to go to first. 
I’ve never found the given chech-in times to be anything other than a suggestion in any case. 
The later time than usual is probably to allow time for the crew to deep clean the staterooms. Can’t complain about that!

Yes I have received printed booklet and read page 15 but nowhere is it mentioned whether you arrive at Mayflower terminal or Ocean Terminal at the time on my e-ticket. I have asked the question on Cunard's Facebook page and they have surprise, surprise ignored me. There have been situations recently where people have been arriving at Mayflower terminal and have had to queue for over 30 minutes before getting test. If I arrive at time on my e-ticket at Mayflower then have to wait for Covid test for any considerable time by the time I get to Ocean and check in my car with CPS and then check-in and go through security I will miss the ship. They are saying for Staycation cruises to stick to the time as close as possible if you are early you will be directed to an area and made to wait, the time is not a suggestion. Also seeing that it is the first Cunard Staycation cruise they will have had nearly 18 months to deep clean the ship and staterooms. You say you are sure that the time is for arrival at Mayflower but that is only your interpretation and even Cunard cannot confirm whether I arrive at Mayflower or Ocean for my allocated time.

Edited by majortom10

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Yes I have received printed booklet and read page 15 but nowhere is it mentioned whether you arrive at Mayflower terminal or Ocean Terminal at the time on my e-ticket. I have asked the question on Cunard's Facebook page and they have surprise, surprise ignored me. There have been situations recently where people have been arriving at Mayflower terminal and have had to queue for over 30 minutes before getting test. If I arrive at time on my e-ticket at Mayflower then have to wait for Covid test for any considerable time by the time I get to Ocean and check in my car with CPS and then check-in and go through security I will miss the ship. They are saying for Staycation cruises to stick to the time as close as possible if you are early you will be directed to an area and made to wait, the time is not a suggestion. Also seeing that it is the first Cunard Staycation cruise they will have had nearly 18 months to deep clean the ship and staterooms. You say you are sure that the time is for arrival at Mayflower but that is only your interpretation and even Cunard cannot confirm whether I arrive at Mayflower or Ocean for my allocated time.

Personally, I should have thought check-in meant check-in at the terminal the ship departs from, after you've been tested. Surely even Cunard would say 'turn up for testing' if that was what they meant. Anyway I should certainly interpret it that way, if it assures you of catching the ship.

I read it to mean arrive at mayflower (if parking) at the allocated time on your e ticket, as it states please arrive at your allocated time and you’ll wait in your car until all checked and tested then drive to ship’s terminal to drop luggage and leave car. 

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I will miss the ship

It feels to me like you might be making a mountain out of a molehill and perhaps getting a little over anxious. By going to the drive-through testing on your way to the terminal you will be in the system and the ship will not sail without you unless you disqualify by testing positive - which I sincerely hope you won’t. 

A cruise is meant to be a time to relax and unwind and I hope you’ll be able to do this and enjoy your time onboard. 

3 hours ago, Mumsysailor said:

It feels to me like you might be making a mountain out of a molehill and perhaps getting a little over anxious. By going to the drive-through testing on your way to the terminal you will be in the system and the ship will not sail without you unless you disqualify by testing positive - which I sincerely hope you won’t. 

A cruise is meant to be a time to relax and unwind and I hope you’ll be able to do this and enjoy your time onboard. 

But when you are travelling nearly 200 miles on the day and the system for checking in isnt anything like a normal cruise Cunard should be definite with their instructions and if not should answer queries that customers have and not ignore them. Proves my point that 2 posts by delondin and exlondoner are totally different one says time on e-ticket to be at Mayflower other says time on e-ticket to be at Ocean so proves my point that there information is confusing and could easily be answered if they replied to queries instead of ignoring them.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

But when you are travelling nearly 200 miles on the day and the system for checking in isnt anything like a normal cruise Cunard should be definite with their instructions and if not should answer queries that customers have and not ignore them. Proves my point that 2 posts by delondin and exlondoner are totally different one says time on e-ticket to be at Mayflower other says time on e-ticket to be at Ocean so proves my point that there information is confusing and could easily be answered if they replied to queries instead of ignoring them.

Apart from anything else, just driving from the Mayflower to the Ocean terminal can take a surprisingly long time,  Southampton traffic being what it is, so you would want to allow plenty of time for that. But I don't see how appearing at a testing station can be construed as checking in. Surely they are different thing?

Has anyone on the 13th Cruise completed the on-line check-in - We're on the 20th and Jane is panicing that her Father is going to struggle with all the new  requirements for checking in - Photos etc as he isn't tech savvy 

Edited by rakkor

17 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Apart from anything else, just driving from the Mayflower to the Ocean terminal can take a surprisingly long time,  Southampton traffic being what it is, so you would want to allow plenty of time for that. But I don't see how appearing at a testing station can be construed as checking in. Surely they are different thing?

Because it says arrive at your allocated time  as stated on your e ticket and then after paperwork is checked and testing is complete you drive to ship’s terminal where you drop of your luggage and hand car over. 

23 minutes ago, delondin said:

Because it says arrive at your allocated time  as stated on your e ticket and then after paperwork is checked and testing is complete you drive to ship’s terminal where you drop of your luggage and hand car over. 

A Cunard representative has advised me that the time on your e-ticket is the time you should arrive at the Mayflower Terminal for the Covid test.  Although confusing, it is not the time you should arrive at the Ocean Terminal for boarding.  We are on the 13th August sailing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rakkor said:

Has anyone on the 13th Cruise completed the on-line check-in - We're on the 20th and Jane is panicing that her Father is going to struggle with all the new  requirements for checking in - Photos etc as he isn't tech savvy 

Don’t worry about the photos.It says that if you are unable to do them for whatever reason ,they can be done at the terminal.We are on the that cruise,very excited but getting a bit paranoid hoping that I don’t get a positive COVID test.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:49 PM, majortom10 said:

Sorry If I'm repeating anything that has already been posted/answered . ( haven't read the previous posts) 

Just to clarify and answer you question.  If using CPS, then the arrival time at Mayflower Terminal  'Is the actual  time on your E ticket/Boarding Card.  After the covid test then one proceeds to the Ocean Terminal . If arriving by other means, then one proceeds 'direct to the Ocean Terminal'  for the time on the E Ticket/Boarding Card.

Just received this clarification of arrival times for my upcoming cruise 13th August.

Other information that maybe be of interest to those on the staycation cruises, it appears that Lunch will not be available on embarkation day ? 

From the E mail    "We'd like to mark the moment we set sail and our summer at sea voyages are no exception with the chance to enjoy afternoon Tea the moment you step onboard " 

I expect this is to accommodate all guests due to the late staggering of embarkation . 

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rakkor said:

How does this work for passengers arriving by Taxi ? My Father in Law is local and will be getting a Taxi from his home for our cruise on the 20th.

The information I received ( for the 13th)    "Arriving by other means.... drive straight to Ocean Terminal where you will be guided to complete covid testing before entering the terminal building .  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Just received this clarification of arrival times for my upcoming cruise 13th August.

Other information that maybe be of interest to those on the staycation cruises, it appears that Lunch will not be available on embarkation day ? 

From the E mail    "We'd like to mark the moment we set sail and our summer at sea voyages are no exception with the chance to enjoy afternoon Tea the moment you step onboard " 

I expect this is to accommodate all guests due to the late staggering of embarkation . 

I wonder if lunch will be available to Grill clients? Time to find out before our September voyage.

Also in this thread, there is a mention of late boarding for Platinum WC. However, I would think this is not something they can possibly maintain as a “perk” due to the change in global circumstances. I would be happy to forgo this benefit, if travelling  Britannia class, for extra internet time. Wi-Fi is today’s world, not something to abandon on holiday!

16 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Sorry If I'm repeating anything that has already been posted/answered . ( haven't read the previous posts) 

Just to clarify and answer you question.  If using CPS, then the arrival time at Mayflower Terminal  'Is the actual  time on your E ticket/Boarding Card.  After the covid test then one proceeds to the Ocean Terminal . If arriving by other means, then one proceeds 'direct to the Ocean Terminal'  for the time on the E Ticket/Boarding Card.

Attaboy Bell Boy. Didn't I just know you'd be on the ball with this one. 😇

13 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

I wonder if lunch will be available to Grill clients? Time to find out before our September voyage.

Also in this thread, there is a mention of late boarding for Platinum WC. However, I would think this is not something they can possibly maintain as a “perk” due to the change in global circumstances. I would be happy to forgo this benefit, if travelling  Britannia class, for extra internet time. Wi-Fi is today’s world, not something to abandon on holiday!

Personally I'll just be glad to be onboard and trying a somewhat different experience.

The 20th can't come soon enough. 😜

Just checked in for August 20th!!! Very smooth process. 
just entered passport details, credit card details and downloaded photo and then I printed and e-tickets etc. 
got a boarding time of 12.15 so thrilled with that. 

• Like 1