Live - Allure Simulation Cruise July 27, 2021🛳

I posted this on my Roll Call thread, but Coco Cay excursions are open now. You must call, not book through the app. I think South Beach might be closed, bc cabanas and day beds were sold out first thing today, and I have been checking religiously.

I booked the Beach Club day pass. Haven't been since "Perfect Day," so we're looking forward to it!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, roadtripper said:

I posted this on my Roll Call thread, but Coco Cay excursions are open now. You must call, not book through the app. I think South Beach might be closed, bc cabanas and day beds were sold out first thing today, and I have been checking religiously.

I booked the Beach Club day pass. Haven't been since "Perfect Day," so we're looking forward to it!

Thanks for update, we're looking forward to water park. Got rained out on our 2 day Mariner back in 2019. 

It was a buy one day, get one free deal.

And then we couldn't dock on our second day because one of the gangways blew off the dock

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

It listed info on where to park. Is this the typical parking area and is it covered? I have never been to Port Canaveral.

Terminal 1 is a 4-5 story parking deck for 1,000 cars. Around $17 a day, but they charge for 3 days. It's worth it on a short cruise like this. 

Pay as you enter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Terminal 1 is a 4-5 story parking deck for 1,000 cars. Around $17 a day, but they charge for 3 days. It's worth it on a short cruise like this. 

Pay as you enter

It showed it was 17.00 on the forms which I think is reasonable. I was hoping it would be covered in case we arrived a little bit early. We could hang out in the suv until our time. About how long do you think it will take to get to the port from the FLL airport area? I think Mike was saying about 2.5 hours. Is that about right?

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It showed it was 17.00 on the forms which I think is reasonable. I was hoping it would be covered in case we arrived a little bit early. We could hang out in the suv until our time. About how long do you think it will take to get to the port from the FLL airport area? I think Mike was saying about 2.5 hours. Is that about right?

I would figure 3 hours..............I-95 is the wild card.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I would allow about 3 hrs. It is little over 2 hours for us, we are about 40 minutes to FLL.

When we cruise out of PEV, it is 45 minutes from leaving our house till we are standing at the terminal.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:14 PM, twangster said:

Someone mention my name?

giphy.gif

aw yes that would be me another cruiser who was on Ovation 2019 first cruise out of Vancouver.

So glad to hear you are on this cruise.  Figured that you would show up on one of the test cruises.

Find a way to locate Johnlala (unless he is the poor unfornature soul stuck in quarantine) and take a photo of both your hands holding a drink of some kind together.  No faces needed but at least give us a toast of some kind.

BTW I will get to visit Ovation again in mid Sept.  Meanwhile I wish I had signed up for test cruising so that I could do Oasis out of NJ.  Oh well.  I did pay for one in October though.

Also let us know how the entertainment was and if any on a short cruise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Could you imagine a couple of bored maintenance guys changing out 2500 locks over the last 16 months

heck if the officers on the bridge were bored, they could join in on the fun too.

I wonder who got the job of going around watering plants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does he drive as fast as he flies🤔

I drive pretty fast and it's closer to 3 hours

Stay on 95 all the way to 528

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Does he drive as fast as he flies🤔

I drive pretty fast and it's closer to 3 hours

Stay on 95 all the way to 528

No he doesn’t. Maybe I should drive up since I drive faster. 😆 I think I’m more excited about this short cruise than any of our others except the 2 TP cruises we did.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pay as you enter

Thanks for this  info. We have been concerned if there would be adequate parking spots. We hae a 1:00 p.m. arrival time so this sounds great.

• Like 1

Found this on the Canadian vaccine thread.

Probably applies very well to what I 'know' about this upcoming voyage.😉

However, I should append this by saying that I am probably wrong, but may be right in the future.  Or I may be right and could subsequently be proven wrong.  

@CruisinCanuck63 thanks for the enlightenment

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw yes that would be me another cruiser who was on Ovation 2019 first cruise out of Vancouver.

So glad to hear you are on this cruise.  Figured that you would show up on one of the test cruises.

Find a way to locate Johnlala (unless he is the poor unfornature soul stuck in quarantine) and take a photo of both your hands holding a drink of some kind together.  No faces needed but at least give us a toast of some kind.

BTW I will get to visit Ovation again in mid Sept.  Meanwhile I wish I had signed up for test cruising so that I could do Oasis out of NJ.  Oh well.  I did pay for one in October though.

Also let us know how the entertainment was and if any on a short cruise.

We actually enjoyed a beer in my suite on the last night of the Allure TA. Newcastle, I think

• Like 2