VIFP water

Terab85

30 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

So I'm VIFP but what's this about free water? Is there a limit? Do you get one bottle? I suppose I should read up on the perks of VIFP.

Red cruisers and above (so basically anyone that isn't on their 1st cruise) get 1 complimentary bottle of water per person.  Usually is left in your room, but will now have to "claim" it yourself at a bar. 

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, mpacker said:

if you get pin you have to go to pixel and pick it up... it's easy and quick  we did it on first sea day when they weren't busy.

I totally forgot about the pin.  Thanks for the reminder.

1 minute ago, Terab85 said:

I totally forgot about the pin.  Thanks for the reminder.

If you are the Platinum or above level where you get the "chocolate delight" plate they usually deliver to the room, you can still get this too, just have to call room service and ask them to deliver.

Also, you will not receive your normal "free drink" coupon in your room, it is my understanding you just show your card at any bar and ask them for your free drink (someone can chime in here if I am mistaken).  We have cheers on our cruises so didn't pay to much attention to that one when people were posting, but I think that is what I remember seeing.

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

If you are the Platinum or above level where you get the "chocolate delight" plate they usually deliver to the room, you can still get this too, just have to call room service and ask them to deliver.

Also, you will not receive your normal "free drink" coupon in your room, it is my understanding you just show your card at any bar and ask them for your free drink (someone can chime in here if I am mistaken).  We have cheers on our cruises so didn't pay to much attention to that one when people were posting, but I think that is what I remember seeing.

We're not platinum yet but forgot about the free drink.  I think you can only use it that last sea day.  We don't have cheers the first leg of our b2b coming up but do on the second.  Thanks for the info.

7 minutes ago, Terab85 said:

We're not platinum yet but forgot about the free drink.  I think you can only use it that last sea day.  We don't have cheers the first leg of our b2b coming up but do on the second.  Thanks for the info.

They may have altered that last day thing, again not sure.  It may be useable anytime.  Hopefully someone that paid attention can chime in

• Like 2

Just off the Breeze July 19th sailing.  We were instructed to pick up our lg bottle of water at any bar.  Went to the Red Frog Pub and they provided the bottles for us.  We were on the Cheers program.  Upon return visits to the Red Frog pub, when ordering bottled water to carry around, they asked if we would like the large or small bottle.  The first time this happened, we explained that we already picked up our lg bottles and the bartender said that we could get the larger bottle on the Cheers program if we wanted it.   Not sure if this is ship specific or even Red Frog Pub specific or that we were on the 2nd cruise for the ship post pandemic.    The bartenders at the Red Frog Pub were the best on the ship and never said "no" to us about anything we asked.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

And if it's the same size as pre CV, the bottles are large - not the average 16 oz. size.  Handy in the cabin for sure!

Yes, it's a 1L bottle. I think I like this system better because sometimes we don't drink all of the water, so this way there is less chance of waste.

29 minutes ago, LRDR01 said:

Just off the Breeze July 19th sailing.  We were instructed to pick up our lg bottle of water at any bar.  Went to the Red Frog Pub and they provided the bottles for us.  We were on the Cheers program.  Upon return visits to the Red Frog pub, when ordering bottled water to carry around, they asked if we would like the large or small bottle.  The first time this happened, we explained that we already picked up our lg bottles and the bartender said that we could get the larger bottle on the Cheers program if we wanted it.   Not sure if this is ship specific or even Red Frog Pub specific or that we were on the 2nd cruise for the ship post pandemic.    The bartenders at the Red Frog Pub were the best on the ship and never said "no" to us about anything we asked.   

Good to know.  Thanks!  We're on the Horizon for the first time and I can tell I'm already going to miss the Red Frog Pub.  

47 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, it's a 1L bottle. I think I like this system better because sometimes we don't drink all of the water, so this way there is less chance of waste.

Yes - 1 Liter - that's what I was thinking. Agreed!  

1 hour ago, LRDR01 said:

Question on Platinum perks, did you have a list in the cabin when embarking listing all the perks and how to get them?  Or is it up to you to figure things out??  Thanks!

1 hour ago, LRDR01 said:

Were they cold or at room temp?  I like to take those on port days but they don't get cool enough in the mini fridge

31 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

Question on Platinum perks, did you have a list in the cabin when embarking listing all the perks and how to get them?  Or is it up to you to figure things out??  Thanks!

I know we all saw it here, and JH posted it on his page.  I have not seen anything where someone said it was written down in the room on a form though.

I would make a mental note now, or write one out and put in with your travel items to check when you get onboard

Edited by wemjam

46 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

There was nothing in the cabin indicating where to get platinum gifts. Honestly I totally forgot to grab my stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

There was nothing in the cabin indicating where to get platinum gifts. Honestly I totally forgot to grab my stuff. 

Thanks!  I am honestly surprised they did not have a prepared list.  And I am reading different things for the different ships. Some say call room service for the strawberries; others say to go to Cherries on Top.  I’ll be on the Horizon next month and will take all my notes with me.  Just happy to be sailing again!