Caribbean Princess Drydock?

ceilidh1

Has anyone heard anything about a drydock for Caribbean Princess in April 2022? I have been told by a reliable source that the ship will do a 3 day from San Francisco to Vancouver, arriving April 10th, and then go to drydock. I still see sailings on the East Coast for the ship through next spring? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Thanks for the heads up!  I was just about to post another question about this ship and am very glad to hear that it is going into drydock.

I don't see anything official about it yet...but if it does happen I assume there will be some cancellations or ship changes as sailings are still on sale on the Princess site...

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Has anyone heard anything about a drydock for Caribbean Princess in April 2022? I have been told by a reliable source that the ship will do a 3 day from San Francisco to Vancouver, arriving April 10th, and then go to drydock. I still see sailings on the East Coast for the ship through next spring? 

If the ship is doing Caribbean cruises next spring, if it does a drydock in April it would not be on the west coast.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

If the ship is doing Caribbean cruises next spring, if it does a drydock in April it would not be on the west coast.

Right - that's why I was curious if anyone else had heard any rumours! My source has never given me wrong info before and was quite excited that not only would this be the first ship back to Vancouver since the shutdown (at least right now) but the first time Caribbean had been to the port....I guess we shall find out in the next little while!

6 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

There is a list of ALL ships going into dry dock for 2022. The Caribbean princess is NOT on that list.

Not according to Princess...

Drydock/Wetdock Schedule

Periodically, the ships are taken out of service for refit or refurbishment. Usually, the ships are removed from the water and placed in drydock while the work is being done.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change without notice.

SHIP

DRYDOCK/WETDOCK SCHEDULE

MOST RECENT

Caribbean Princess April 7 - 25, 2022  Portland

April 13 - May 11, 2019

Coral Princess December 1 - December 15, 2021  Cadiz January 21 - January 30, 2019
Crown Princess

October 2 - 19, 2022

Portland January 6 - 20, 2021
Diamond Princess January 22 - 30, 2022  Singapore January 19 - February 1, 2019 
Emerald Princess October 10 - 26, 2022  Brest March 29 - April 14, 2019
Enchanted Princess March 25 - April 15, 2023 Marseille N/A
Grand Princess April 25 - May 11, 2022  Portland March 5 - March 18, 2019
Island Princess August 17 - 31, 2021 Marseille November 26 - December 6, 2017
Majestic Princess September 26 - October 3, 2023  Ogden Point February 24 - March 11, 2020
Regal Princess April 16 - 30, 2022 Marseille April 17 - April 30, 2017
Royal Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Singapore December 1 - December 7, 2018
Ruby Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Portland September 30 - October 14, 2018
Sapphire Princess April 10 - May 1, 2023 Portland December 31 - January 17, 2021
Sky Princess April 15 - May 6, 2023 Brest N/A

16 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Drydock/Wetdock Schedule

Periodically, the ships are taken out of service for refit or refurbishment. Usually, the ships are removed from the water and placed in drydock while the work is being done.

SHIP

DRYDOCK/WETDOCK SCHEDULE

MOST RECENT

April 13 - May 11, 2019

Coral Princess December 1 - December 15, 2021  Cadiz January 21 - January 30, 2019
Crown Princess

October 2 - 19, 2022

Majestic Princess September 26 - October 3, 2023  Ogden Point February 24 - March 11, 2020
Sapphire Princess April 10 - May 1, 2023 Portland December 31 - January 17, 2021

Where did you get this from?  Are you sure that it is accurate?  The Diamond Princess is shown as having its next drydock / wetdock during our South America / Antarctica cruise.  Although I'm thinking that cruise will be cancelled due to the situation down in South America, they have announced nothing yet.  It would be weird (but not unprecedented) for Princess to publish this sort of info and not officially notify those on impacted cruises about the cancellation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Where did you get this from?  Are you sure that it is accurate?  The Diamond Princess is shown as having its next drydock / wetdock during our South America / Antarctica cruise.  Although I'm thinking that cruise will be cancelled due to the situation down in South America, they have announced nothing yet.  It would be weird (but not unprecedented) for Princess to publish this sort of info and not officially notify those on impacted cruises about the cancellation.

This came from my Princess source and was last updated 12 days ago (I assume the update was the addition of Caribbean Princess). I can't speak to the accuracy, but that's what it says (per Princess) right now. It does state that it's subject to change, so who knows....I just find it odd that, if they have these dates scheduled, then why are they still selling cruises at the same time?

• Like 1

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

This came from my Princess source and was last updated 12 days ago (I assume the update was the addition of Caribbean Princess). I can't speak to the accuracy, but that's what it says (per Princess) right now. It does state that it's subject to change, so who knows....I just find it odd that, if they have these dates scheduled, then why are they still selling cruises at the same time?

Thanks for the quick response and I would agree with you.  I am hoping that they communicate something to all of us very soon.

19 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Drydock/Wetdock Schedule

SHIP

DRYDOCK/WETDOCK SCHEDULE

MOST RECENT

April 13 - May 11, 2019

Crown Princess

October 2 - 19, 2022

Thanks for the posting. Do you have a link to the Princess dry dock site. Thanks!

Tom😀

19 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for the posting. Do you have a link to the Princess dry dock site. Thanks!

Tom😀

The chart came from Princess but is not accessible to public. I'm not sure if there is a publicly available schedule...

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Based on this recent thread Ruby’s 10/24/21 cruise has been canceled as a result of it’s drydock.

This does not seem right!  The schedule never shows the Caribbean Princess leaving the east coast at all.  I have a booking on her for August 2022, cancelled and rebooked twice.  I certainly don't need another cancellation!

If that list is correct. A lot of people will be very disappointed and Princess should never have accepted bookings during that time.

Looking at the schedule for the Caribbean Princess it is sailing all of April 2022.

7 night 3-10, 6 night 10-16, 7 night 16-23, 7 night 23-30 So what the heck gives here?

56 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

If that list is correct. A lot of people will be very disappointed and Princess should never have accepted bookings during that time.

Looking at the schedule for the Caribbean Princess it is sailing all of April 2022.

7 night 3-10, 6 night 10-16, 7 night 16-23, 7 night 23-30 So what the heck gives here?

Yup...that's why I was curious what the deal was! Unless they will switch it out for another ship?

Well,  this is not very good news! We are booked on the April 10th sailing in the Caribbean.  We will be getting off the Enchanted Princess on the 9th and then onto the Caribbean Princess on the 10th.  I hope that if the dry dock happens that they at least switch out the ships.  We already have all of our hotel and flight reservations set up for this back to back trip. Hope they let us know soon!

20 hours ago, JsCruis said:

Well,  this is not very good news! We are booked on the April 10th sailing in the Caribbean.  We will be getting off the Enchanted Princess on the 9th and then onto the Caribbean Princess on the 10th.  I hope that if the dry dock happens that they at least switch out the ships.  We already have all of our hotel and flight reservations set up for this back to back trip. Hope they let us know soon!

Anyone that is booked during April 2022 I strongly suggest you either contact your TA and or Princess cruise lines.

Guess I don’t understand why any of the ships would need to go into dry dock/wet dock any time soon.  I would have thought that all the ships would be in top top shape after being out of service for over a year.  They had plenty of time to get any work done during that time.  

Sorry to those of you who've lost another cruise.  It seems like what is on the list is coming true.  Now we just await the official word on the Diamond Princess South America / Antarctica cruises.  I can't fathom why they haven't announced that yet.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:17 AM, ceilidh1 said:

Right - that's why I was curious if anyone else had heard any rumours! My source has never given me wrong info before and was quite excited that not only would this be the first ship back to Vancouver since the shutdown (at least right now) but the first time Caribbean had been to the port....I guess we shall find out in the next little while!

Are you saying the Caribbean Princess might be doing the Alaskan cruises next (2022) year.  We are to be on the Caribbean Princess  cruising out of New York next Aug and Sep.  Looking at the latest Cancellation Notice,  after the cancelled cruises  the CB starts back in Fort Lauderdale at the end of May.

• Like 1