Testing now required for all Celebrity Guests

joelzme

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

No quarantine necessary if vaccinated and asymptomatic.

That statement is not true. According to the CDC:

Do I need to quarantine while waiting for my COVID-19 screening test result?

People without symptoms and without known exposure to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine while awaiting screening test results. If a person tests positive on a screening test and is referred for a confirmatory test, they should quarantine until they receive the results of their confirmatory test.

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

If that happened we have plenty of places along the route to vacation on the way back.  Part of my problem is that the wording from X gives FCC to those "unable" to complete the requirements.  It's not really clear if completing the requirements means having a negative test or getting a test at all.  I hope we don't have to find out.

I guess. It never would have occurred to me to vacation—which necessarily involves interactions with other people—if I knew I was infected with a contagious disease. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, runningtide said:

That statement is not true. According to the CDC:

Do I need to quarantine while waiting for my COVID-19 screening test result?

People without symptoms and without known exposure to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine while awaiting screening test results. If a person tests positive on a screening test and is referred for a confirmatory test, they should quarantine until they receive the results of their confirmatory test.

Yes, I edited my comment shortly after posting it. In my head I was responding to a different comment that what I was actually replying to.

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Yes, I edited my comment shortly after posting it. In my head I was responding to a different comment that what I was actually replying to.

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

No problem my friend. Totally understandable. Stay safe and best of luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

If that happened we have plenty of places along the route to vacation on the way back.  Part of my problem is that the wording from X gives FCC to those "unable" to complete the requirements.  It's not really clear if completing the requirements means having a negative test or getting a test at all.  I hope we don't have to find out.

It means getting a negative test at some point in the time window. You will not be allowed to board with a positive test. 

I expect the same is true for those who refuse to test at the pier if they are unable to test before arriving. Perhaps Celebrity just wanted to soften the language by not saying unwilling though they are clear enough about what happens to people who refuse to comply with protocols on board.

3 hours ago, Sascol said:

I misunderstood this.  I thought Celebrity was doing the test at embarkation. I see now we do this on our own prior to arrival. Annoying yes, but given Delta, due to the issues being caused by the unvaxxed, sadly necessary. 

I already have an appointment for September 2 for my Sept 5th cruise.    Took all of 3 minutes to set up.   All I can say is the number of cases of Delta in the past week has changed dramatically and I think  this is a good decision by Celebrity.  

• Like 2

This is in the new protocols (which states 1st Aug as a start date):

Testing available onboard and is performed prior to debark based on home country requirements.

Hopefully that means that they will test us onboard (we are from the UK) prior to our flight home...it will save us having to find somewhere on the same day pre flight

We had to test within 72 hours of flying to Hawaii. We used Walgreens for the test and results came back in less than 30 hours. We also used Vault Home test, it is a saliva based test. You do a video chat for the test then drop it off at UPS. Both Walgreens and Vault only had the date of our test on the results not the exact time.Hawaii was much more restrictive, you couldn't use the CVS rapid test. 

I’m happy to do it, we actually planned to test anyways beforehand..It is very doable, just another thing to add to your list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dwight1 said:

Did you use a National pharmacy to book? My CVS only has appointment dates out 2 weeks in advance.

I booked though Kaiser at their drive through, they had about 6 months open for booking.    Like you both CVS and Walgreen only had 2 weeks out open.   I figured I would book with Kaiser and if I can book closer in at a local CVS may change it.

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

I've been looking to see whether I could do an antigen at Heathrow on the day before I fly ... so the 27th, which may cover both? (sail on the 30th)

It's a while off yet but if I want to change the flights I need to do it sooner rather than later. I think flying home may be easier as it can be done at Miami airport on the same day. (we fly home late afternoon)

Currently celebrity are providing a test at the end of the cruise for onward travel to home destinations, unless you are stay at the port location for a few days before flying out 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Babr said:

It means getting a negative test at some point in the time window. You will not be allowed to board with a positive test. 

I expect the same is true for those who refuse to test at the pier if they are unable to test before arriving. Perhaps Celebrity just wanted to soften the language by not saying unwilling though they are clear enough about what happens to people who refuse to comply with protocols on board.

From Celebrity's email to their posting on the website the only people they will test at the pier are pax boarding Edge today and Equinox tomorrow.  After that they make no provision to test anyone on embarkation day.

8 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

From Celebrity's email to their posting on the website the only people they will test at the pier are pax boarding Edge today and Equinox tomorrow.  After that they make no provision to test anyone on embarkation day.

That is my understanding, too. The testing requirement is in place through August, correct? Others should have time to make arrangements ahead of boarding.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

While checking with CVS for testing I found out they have a partnership with NCL where you provide your booking number and the testing results are provided to NCL directly. Now that RCCL and Celebrity are requiring pre boarding testing, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a similar partnership.

Do you know if the partnership also applies to Oceania cruises?

11 minutes ago, Babr said:

That is my understanding, too. The testing requirement is in place through August, correct? Others should have time to make arrangements ahead of boarding.

Applies to sailings August 6 through September 6 according to the website.

10 minutes ago, Babr said:

I'd like to know this also. What is the end date for pre cruise testing? My cruise is in December and I am willing to bet this protocol will still be in place then. For those not on Medicare, if you get tested at CVS or Walgreens and you say it is for travel you will have to pay for the test. Some insurance may cover the testing, you will need to look into it.

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I'd like to know this also. What is the end date for pre cruise testing? My cruise is in December and I am willing to bet this protocol will still be in place then. For those not on Medicare, if you get tested at CVS or Walgreens and you say it is for travel you will have to pay for the test. Some insurance may cover the testing, you will need to look into it.

My insurance covers the tests.  Currently this will be in effect for sailings from August through September 6.

Scroll down to Health Protocols and Requirements here image.thumb.png.6b004357abed56f5667602cd5e789ca0.png

13 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Do you know if the partnership also applies to Oceania cruises?

That is something to check with Oceania about but it would make sense, just like if RCL does one it would be for all of their brands.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

My insurance covers the tests.  Currently this will be in effect for sailings from August through September 6.

Want to to bet this gets extended and becomes the new normal for all cruises anywhere in the world?

A windfall for CVS and Walgreens.

41 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Currently celebrity are providing a test at the end of the cruise for onward travel to home destinations, unless you are stay at the port location for a few days before flying out 

That's excellent thank you. We are planning to fly home the same day (late pm), so this will save us trying to find somewhere to have it done that morning.

• Like 1