Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

16 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

It looks like the Dug an area of the shallows out just to make a way for Cruise ships to dock? Wasn't this supposed to be a Virgin port? 

When I was checking out Google images of Bimini, the exact channel cutout was very distinctive.  Looks like a pain to back in the ship in that narrow passageway.

Edited to show one site that has a great view of the port channel (hopefully allowed here).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.passagemaker.com/.amp/trawler-news/bimini-cruisers-warned-about-new-ocean-pier-and-ferry

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail

25 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

It looks like the Dug an area of the shallows out just to make a way for Cruise ships to dock? Wasn't this supposed to be a Virgin port? 

I assume this is new.  I can tell you they havea ways to go.   I was talking to somebody  from the port on the way back tot he ship and he was i wuiri f of our thoughts.  There are two hotel reaorts near the port, Hilton Hotel and timeshare and Real Resorts, both of which we saw on our trolley ride.  I told them the beach excursion while nice were pricey.  

She replied they had contracted for 428 cruise ship stops over the next roughly two years. She agreed they needed infrastructure and balance on pricing.  

• Like 1

Went to the last show which was billed as one night stand.  When I heard about it, I thought it was a fill in (might be).  It combined most of their talent and the wife said was the best show of the week.  They did about 8 songs.  Reggie who was a young female guitar player and singer mainly in the main atrium stole the show rocking a cover to Melissa Etheridge's your only one followed by a close sexond close of Purple Rain.  Pretty darn food, will make sure the big whogs we see on the Mardi Gras know we thought it was a home run. Here are some pics.  

58F7C8DA-73D9-48DC-84B4-7DA9021854DC.jpeg

88868395-5554-4F27-825B-BC6278220E9F.jpeg

0FCBB7D2-84E2-4D03-8A53-C22D26571EDE.jpeg

D3A7DA6A-279A-4921-AFA8-FF87880BDBA6.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Sitting in Reflections awaiting clearance to debark 

Hi Jimbo.  We are in Hollywood Florida in our hotel repacking and headed to the horizon in two hours. Drive safe to PC.  Good to hear you enjoyed your cruise this week!! Happy cruising on MG, too.

• Like 2

Journey number one complete.  Journey number two was leaving the Horizon and thr ride to the Mardi Gras.  

So we debarked at around 7:20 (a little behind the plan that I had in my head).  The debark plan on the Horizon was very organized.  We were among the first 30 people off the ship. Confirmed the Uber Ns it took 15 minutes for him to come and pick us up. By 8 we were at the rental center and by 8:30 we were on the road.  On schedule.  A little south of weat palm it started raining.  Suddenly traffic was a standstill.  I knew we were in trouble when two emergency trucks pass in the right side breakdown lane and the wording on the truck said.  “ severe accident incident response team”.  WHAT the Hell?????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Journey number one complete.  Journey number two was leaving the Horizon and thr ride to the Mardi Gras.  

So we debarked at around 7:20 (a little behind the plan that I had in my head).  The debark plan on the Horizon was very organized.  We were among the first 30 people off the ship. Confirmed the Uber Ns it took 15 minutes for him to come and pick us up. By 8 we were at the rental center and by 8:30 we were on the road.  On schedule.  A little south of weat palm it started raining.  Suddenly traffic was a standstill.  I knew we were in trouble when two emergency trucks pass in the right side breakdown lane and the wording on the truck said.  “ severe accident incident response team”.  WHAT the Hell?????

Uh oh. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Uh oh, I hope you aren't missing the Ship :X

Also Magic looks good in the new paint, If there is a horn war please video it lol 

• Like 1

Adter 15 minutes we were easing forward.  I jumped into thr right lane follwojng a couple of cars.  I got off the exit and started heading north on streets (which waze picked up on).  It then began monsooning, I had provlems reading the streett signs.  Some how

managed to get back on 95 north.  Dropes the car off at the rental center and was entering the terminal at 1;05.  Check in was long.  Because we had just traveled outside the US we neeses antigen test which tooka bout 20 minutes.  Finally at 3:02. We borded the Mardi Gras.  Journey 2 complete.  Now for the third Journey.  

I need a  drink

• Like 11