Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Our time slot was for 10:30-11, but we didn't arrive at the terminal until noonish - can't recall specifically, I've slept since then.

It was rather crowded in the terminal. When we approached the mass of people lined up to go in, I asked about any priority line (excel suite/diamond) but was told there wasn't one. We were sent to the "all others" line, which ended up being the wheelchair/scooter line. There were 20x more people in the "general" line, but they actually made it through security before we did. I even asked after we got in the "all others" line if that was where we should be, and was basically met with shrugs.

They did take a long hard look at the CDC cards. If they had not been legit, I would have been stressed (and I don't have a good poker face)!

No matter - we made it onboard, and proceeded to get into cruise mode. 🙂

I am sure some of it is learning curve (covid and new terminal).   I do have to say I am disappointed with the one entry jam everyone together approach.  It could have been so much better.

4 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Wow I didn’t know about the wine! I have reservations for Saturday!! So excited!!

LOL, well it is not Screaming Eagle, so do not get too excited.  That said, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

• Like 1

Hey Jim - I might have missed it, but have you tried - or plan to try - BOLT?

I talked to someone yesterday who rode it, and said that it was now 1 lap for $15. Initially (which was not very long ago!), I understood it to be $15 for two laps.

Tom

23 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, well it is not Screaming Eagle, so do not get too excited.  That said, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

That said, if you've suffered any taste loss from Covid, you may not be able to tell the difference! Ten days ago, I could not even tell you if I was drinking a red or a white wine... really STRANGE. Fortunately, it is coming back, and I'm able to enjoy things again (probably to some diminished extent - that's somewhat hard to really pin down though)!

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey Jim - I might have missed it, but have you tried - or plan to try - BOLT?

I talked to someone yesterday who rode it, and said that it was now 1 lap for $15. Initially (which was not very long ago!), I understood it to be $15 for two laps.

Tom

Have not but what you heard for pricing is correct.  

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That said, if you've suffered any taste loss from Covid, you may not be able to tell the difference! Ten days ago, I could not even tell you if I was drinking a red or a white wine... really STRANGE. Fortunately, it is coming back, and I'm able to enjoy things again (probably to some diminished extent - that's somewhat hard to really pin down though)!

Tom

We finagled a reservation at Rudys for Friday night, partially based on your comments . 

• Like 3

So I had heard this getting pretty ripped when they announced it.  All that said, we wantes to check out Family Feud Live.  Easily the most attended show so far.  I gotta tell you, it was pretty good.  They are having an r rated  at midnight.  Might check it out.  

354C99E7-6796-4D15-9A21-4E9EB2BD442F.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/1/2021 at 7:16 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I do not know.  It was clear at both terminals that there was separate check ins for suite guests only.  As to our check in today we came early and it was not an issue.  That said, we dis not board any earlier. Hope this helps.  

On Horizon August 1,2021 had Ocean Suite and boarding pass said Priority but there was no such thing. Everyone was in same line which was a half mile long at 11:15. I noticed that the disabled requiring assistance did have a special line. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I believe the views are going to be a big plus.  I have seen a few videos and while they were when the ship was in port, you could tell they would have an enhanced view.  I'm not too concerned about the privacy.  I just didn't expect them to be that visible.  I am wondering also about the wind effect on the forward facing ones.  I love the layout of the ocean suites and am patiently awaiting some reviews on location issues of the regular ones on deck 9 and 10.    

Do you happen to remember what videos showed these balconies? I’m booked on one in February and would love an idea of what the view is like.

26 minutes ago, have2vacation said:

On Horizon August 1,2021 had Ocean Suite and boarding pass said Priority but there was no such thing. Everyone was in same line which was a half mile long at 11:15. I noticed that the disabled requiring assistance did have a special line. 

I am sure some of it hs to do with the required covid precheck.  

On 8/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Our room steward Ashi (pronounced I see) had ome surprise a redo of the animals

from past nights and a flower.   

B0C39A7A-68A2-4CD8-BEA9-614CC98D2A9A.jpeg

We really enjoyed meeting Ashi.  Lovely person and good cabin steward.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Tepanyaki tonight.  

1DBA61CD-5A21-4629-B037-1CD8EDC1B3A6.jpeg

A8681160-F270-4C0A-BBDD-63064D307874.jpeg

C88A8E7A-CFC5-4E51-8551-ED900A085CCE.jpeg

68DDE826-4CAF-47BA-AA65-AED4F8F5E771.jpeg

Oh Yes!! This was my favorite restaurant on the Panorama and my have to book going forward along with the Steakhouse.  Great dining experience and great food!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Oh Yes!! This was my favorite restaurant on the Panorama and my have to book going forward along with the Steakhouse.  Great dining experience and great food!!

There are a lot of choices.  We may have to come back just to hit them all.  Chibang was full every night.  

• Like 3